Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 185   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 871388 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2640 on: July 25, 2019, 09:26:37 PM »

Didn't MM ask privacy for Marius since he is not a royal ? What's the need to pose with him ?

I think she meant privacy, whenever it's convient for me.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: July 25, 2019, 09:32:15 PM »

Didn't MM ask privacy for Marius since he is not a royal ? What's the need to pose with him ?

They always do, don’t they?  Snare

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: July 25, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »

Star
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2643 on: July 25, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »

They always do, don’t they?  Snare

Of course they do.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: July 25, 2019, 09:52:43 PM »

Star

Beer
hrhpita

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: July 26, 2019, 06:11:01 AM »

Except that in Norway, wedding bands are worn on the right hand, I believe.

Ahhh ok.  Thank you

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: July 26, 2019, 05:46:05 PM »

Where did the pictures come out of? They look like some (a bit aquard) holiday snaps that people would put on instagram.
BaileyB

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: July 27, 2019, 05:24:22 AM »

Where did the pictures come out of? They look like some (a bit aquard) holiday snaps that people would put on instagram.

M-M shared them on Instagram.

I see nothing wrong with her occasionally showing pictures as he is an important part of her  and Norway has watched him grow up. As a mother I can 100% see her wanting him to not have to deal with excessive press intrusion when there is no need. If there was no Marius at all  people would be suggesting that she was hiding him away and preferred his royal siblings.
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: July 27, 2019, 06:49:21 AM »

Because he is her son?

Any mother will take pictures with her son from time to time, especially on holiday. That is very different to the paparazzi following him while he goes about his life as a private citizen, especially when he likely consented to these pictures being uploaded on his mother's account.

It is also a "damned if she doesn't damned if she doesn't" situation for MM. If she doesn't ever post about Marius, people will accuse her of favouring her royal children, but if she does post with/about Marius, she gets called a hypocrite because she asked for privacy for him. 

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2649 on: July 27, 2019, 09:48:25 PM »

I think it is okay to share private pictures occassionally, it is hard to deal with the press, there were so many pictures posted during his time in the NRF that people recognize him anyway. The purpose of sharing this snaps is a bit unclear .... I think a lot of people saw him growing up and are curious what he is doing now ...
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: August 12, 2019, 11:42:21 AM »

MM is out hiking

Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2651 on: August 12, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »

Nice to see that she is well but pics like this make me think that her illness is a very conveníent excuse for her to avoid working. She can go hiking with severe lung problems but she can't work when work is boring?Too me, this is a slab in the face of people who have the same illness and still need to work. Makes it a bit difficult to feel sorry for her if she avoids work and publishes happy holiday pics that clearly involve doing a lot of sport.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: August 12, 2019, 12:17:49 PM »

Nice to see that she is well but pics like this make me think that her illness is a very conveníent excuse for her to avoid working. She can go hiking with severe lung problems but she can't work when work is boring?Too me, this is a slab in the face of people who have the same illness and still need to work. Makes it a bit difficult to feel sorry for her if she avoids work and publishes happy holiday pics that clearly involve doing a lot of sport.

That's what I thought too.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: August 12, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »

Have to admit the same thought propped into my head too  Blush People with serious health problems and young kids still work 9to5 schedule but she's to ill to take e.g 2-3 official events per week? But not too ill for the holiday trips and hikes? Why not put her own experience to something good?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:14:52 PM by Eve » Logged
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: August 12, 2019, 01:25:47 PM »

Back in January I had to do some research about cystic fibrosis. It's quite severe, life expectancy is not exactly good and I'm very happy that MM is out and about. She looks happy, content with her life and she spends time with her hubby and kids. I have the impression that since the diagnosis became public, she is seen more. I'm not sure if she is seen more on private or public events but it seems she is more "out there". Concidering the pattern of previous years, I don't believe that anything will change. On the other hand, with the whole mess with ML, I thought that things would change in the norwegian royal family, I thought that either MM would have to work on weekly basis (I didn't expect anything more, given her health) or ML should start taking more duties. Neither happened.

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 185   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: