Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 185   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 901493 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2655 on: August 12, 2019, 01:29:49 PM »

Have to admit the same thought propped into my head too  Blush People with serious health problems and young kids still work 9to5 schedule but she's to ill to take e.g 2-3 official events per week? But not too ill for the holiday trips and hikes? Why not put her own experience to something good?

Here another one with the same kind of thoughts about it.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2656 on: August 12, 2019, 01:33:12 PM »

Back in January I had to do some research about cystic fibrosis. It's quite severe, life expectancy is not exactly good and I'm very happy that MM is out and about. She looks happy, content with her life and she spends time with her hubby and kids. I have the impression that since the diagnosis became public, she is seen more. I'm not sure if she is seen more on private or public events but it seems she is more "out there". Concidering the pattern of previous years, I don't believe that anything will change. On the other hand, with the whole mess with ML, I thought that things would change in the norwegian royal family, I thought that either MM would have to work on weekly basis (I didn't expect anything more, given her health) or ML should start taking more duties. Neither happened.

As to my knowledge MM has pulomonary fibrosis, which is not the same as cystic fybrosis.

Pulmonary fibrosis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_fibrosis

Cystic fibrosis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis

During my studies CF was used as a model with regard to (hereditary) genetic disorders. As it is in general know which genes are involved.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2657 on: August 12, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »

Back in January I had to do some research about cystic fibrosis. It's quite severe, life expectancy is not exactly good and I'm very happy that MM is out and about. She looks happy, content with her life and she spends time with her hubby and kids. I have the impression that since the diagnosis became public, she is seen more. I'm not sure if she is seen more on private or public events but it seems she is more "out there". Concidering the pattern of previous years, I don't believe that anything will change. On the other hand, with the whole mess with ML, I thought that things would change in the norwegian royal family, I thought that either MM would have to work on weekly basis (I didn't expect anything more, given her health) or ML should start taking more duties. Neither happened.

As to my knowledge MM has pulomonary fibrosis, which is not the same as cystic fybrosis.

Pulmonary fibrosis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_fibrosis

Cystic fibrosis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis

During my studies CF was used as a model with regard to (hereditary) genetic disorders. As it is in general know which genes are involved.

Really?! I haven't realised there were two different things! Thanks, Principessa!

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2658 on: August 12, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »

Norwegian newspaper VG wrote about MM's illness a few days ago.

https://www.expressen.se/...ar-mette-marit-fran-jobb/

MM has had 34 official events since the news of her illness became public. This is a reduction of 73 % from last year, when she had 126 events.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #2659 on: August 12, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »

MM is lazy, except when it comes to personal pursuits.

This isn't new and it's always been this way.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2660 on: August 12, 2019, 02:35:49 PM »

Norwegian newspaper VG wrote about MM's illness a few days ago.

https://www.expressen.se/...ar-mette-marit-fran-jobb/

MM has had 34 official events since the news of her illness became public. This is a reduction of 73 % from last year, when she had 126 events.

I'm surprised she even had 126 events last year!

SnorkMaiden

Baby Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #2661 on: August 12, 2019, 03:21:33 PM »

I don't think she is faking her illness, I think she is ill. It can be difficult to know in advance when she will be ok and can work and when not. The pictures where we see her happy and enjoying herself, they probably aren't planned in advance. And what we don't see, is when she is ill, she could be really ill for many many days and we don't see her then, so it's easy to say she is well enough to do things because we only see her when she feels better. Like someone with depression, they too are "allowed" to have fun days and enjoy their time when they are up to it, and they aren't any less sick for that.
I'm not saying that she isn't lazy or was lazy but she ill and has a right to try to enjoy life and try to make the best of her life despite of that.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2662 on: August 12, 2019, 08:59:54 PM »

MM and her friend biked the 80 km Rallarvegen route

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #2663 on: August 12, 2019, 09:21:42 PM »

She seems to have incredible luck with her health when doing things she wants to do.  Good on her.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2664 on: August 12, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »

I don't think she is faking her illness, I think she is ill. It can be difficult to know in advance when she will be ok and can work and when not. The pictures where we see her happy and enjoying herself, they probably aren't planned in advance. And what we don't see, is when she is ill, she could be really ill for many many days and we don't see her then, so it's easy to say she is well enough to do things because we only see her when she feels better. Like someone with depression, they too are "allowed" to have fun days and enjoy their time when they are up to it, and they aren't any less sick for that.
I'm not saying that she isn't lazy or was lazy but she ill and has a right to try to enjoy life and try to make the best of her life despite of that.

I would agree. I have a friend with a different chronic illness (MS) and she faces a lot of sneering from people who think she gave up work and became a lady of leisure because they see her out and about doing things and don't even know she is ill. Meanwhile, I know she only comes out when she feels good, is often home depressed and in bed hiding from the world, might spend days at a time resting up in advance of an event or meet so that she has the energy to do it. She still does fun things, goes on holidays, goes out but there is a price to pay for everything. So I wouldn't judge someone with an illness like that because there is a lot that people don't know unless they are in the person's shoes.
SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #2665 on: August 12, 2019, 09:50:41 PM »

Hasn't MM always had illnesses that affect her work schedule? I think she use to be afraid of flying until it was time to fly somewhere for vacation. I feel like she has a new illness every few years that stops her from working, but not having fun or going on vacations. 

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2666 on: August 12, 2019, 09:51:11 PM »

She has always been lazy.

She has always managed to have a lot of fun in spite of whatever.

Sheís no doubt severely ill. That obviously hasnít changed anything about her.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2667 on: August 12, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »

It it good to see that sheís still very physical active despite a serious lung condition...a 80km (50 mile) bike ride takes pretty good cardiovascular heath depending on terrain and whatnot. 

Considering the dramatic drop in an all ready very light work load it might be advisable to limit sharing on SM.  By all means she should enjoy her good days but (and I hate myself for saying this) it does lend to an appearance of using her illness to pick and choose.  Iím not saying thatís whatís happening but thatís the story thatís unintentionally being written.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2668 on: August 13, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »

It it good to see that sheís still very physical active despite a serious lung condition...a 80km (50 mile) bike ride takes pretty good cardiovascular heath depending on terrain and whatnot. 

Considering the dramatic drop in an all ready very light work load it might be advisable to limit sharing on SM.  By all means she should enjoy her good days but (and I hate myself for saying this) it does lend to an appearance of using her illness to pick and choose.  Iím not saying thatís whatís happening but thatís the story thatís unintentionally being written.

I guess you described it well!

And off course there are people with severe illnesses that seem to do only the fun stuff but of whom most people are unaware they need to pay a price for it (extra rest, complete drop of energy and such).

During student time I had a house mate in my studenthome who had physical complaints after a traffic accident several years before and its aftermath. She could walk, but not for a long time in a row. Therefore in some cases a wheelchair was brought along. Some people would react rude and negative,  openly wonder why she needed a wheelchair after they had seen her walking before.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2669 on: August 13, 2019, 01:31:27 PM »

I guess you described it well!

And off course there are people with severe illnesses that seem to do only the fun stuff but of whom most people are unaware they need to pay a price for it (extra rest, complete drop of energy and such).

During student time I had a house mate in my studenthome who had physical complaints after a traffic accident several years before and its aftermath. She could walk, but not for a long time in a row. Therefore in some cases a wheelchair was brought along. Some people would react rude and negative,  openly wonder why she needed a wheelchair after they had seen her walking before.

Thanks! 

It was very hard to get my thoughts typed out into something that made sense.  Itís a though issue but IMO adjusting her SM content would help avoid a negative narrative.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 185   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: