Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 195   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 1092577 times)
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2850 on: September 07, 2021, 08:47:28 PM »

This is the reason I've never warmed to MM, even after the diagnosis when lots of others fell over themselves to use it as an excuse for everything. The reality is it only seems to be a problem for her work life, not her personal life.

Likewise, the incident on the plane with her shouting at hitting was blamed on her "having a fear of flying" - which never seemed to be a problem for her many trips to NY, beach hols and now to Munich.

I totally noticed the lady opposite her smoking - I get you can't control what people do but if you are that ill surely your friends would want to keep you safe by not smoking around you?

Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #2851 on: September 07, 2021, 09:31:36 PM »

This is the reason I've never warmed to MM, even after the diagnosis when lots of others fell over themselves to use it as an excuse for everything. The reality is it only seems to be a problem for her work life, not her personal life.

Likewise, the incident on the plane with her shouting at hitting was blamed on her "having a fear of flying" - which never seemed to be a problem for her many trips to NY, beach hols and now to Munich.

I totally noticed the lady opposite her smoking - I get you can't control what people do but if you are that ill surely your friends would want to keep you safe by not smoking around you?

I thought the same about the cigarette smoke, even if they are outside, it could easily drift MM's way ...  apparently she doesn't care. 

But let's face it.   All royals are entitled slobs, or become entitled slobs, but to what degree depends on the inner strength of character.   Which, IMO ? - Mette Marit has NO character.   

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2852 on: September 07, 2021, 09:38:59 PM »

I might sound like a terrible person but I don't believe that she is so sick that she can't work. I believe she is sick and that she has to deal differently with her time  but between hardly not working and working full-time is a long way. She could do so much better. She just won't because she is lazy.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2853 on: September 07, 2021, 10:13:25 PM »

I might sound like a terrible person but I don't believe that she is so sick that she can't work. I believe she is sick and that she has to deal differently with her time  but between hardly not working and working full-time is a long way. She could do so much better. She just won't because she is lazy.

She has always been lazy and self-centered and no illness will change that, it has just given her a shield to deflect a lot of criticism.
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2854 on: September 07, 2021, 10:28:23 PM »

I like her (sorry).

I do not see royalty (and certainly not second-level wife-of-heir) being a full-time job for anybody.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2855 on: September 07, 2021, 10:55:12 PM »

She has always been lazy and self-centered and no illness will change that, it has just given her a shield to deflect a lot of criticism.

She is not comitted to anything: her daugher has Covid and her son is back to school (I know that he is beyond the age of home made school lunches and homework supervision ....but still). If she was comitted she would find a way to promote her agendas despite being sick. You are totally right about the shield ...

I am not saying she is not sick but she never seems too sick for perks, private outings, etc.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2856 on: September 08, 2021, 01:08:26 AM »

That's the galling bit - no ones is saying she needs to be on her feet all day working 9-5 tiring herself out but she literally does nothing. I work with a man who has MS who has truly horrendous days where you wonder why he comes in, but he says he loves his job teaching, loves seeing the students so he powers through the bad days. This is the thing that gets me, not only that MM doesn't try to work the best she can despite her illness but that clearly she doesn't want to make it even try. She has a unique position that she could do real good with and instead chooses to do no work and hang out in luxury resorts, NY and other "hip places" with the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow and other celebs.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2857 on: September 08, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

Plus, she should be incredibly grateful at the chances life threw at her. Having three (?) siblings and being the kid of divorced parents she surely did not grow up with a golden spoon in her mouth. She has now all the chances to have an interesting network, support good causes and make the world a better place (frankly like Hakoon's social position and money did for her) - instead she is lazing about and doing ... nothing. At least nothing visible. While the Belgians brought some hope and joy in old folks homes she took up pottery. Yeah. Great. It is about giving back: She is so lucky in many ways and she does not even try to improve other people's live by meaningful charity work or anything.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2858 on: September 09, 2021, 12:19:01 AM »

So much she could be doing/could have done, even if she is as sick as she says (I side-eye this bc of her willingness to sit with a smoker).  With her love of literature, some kind of book club should be a natural, and there are ways to set these up on line, through zoom, etc.  She could stay at home and pop into different zoom book clubs.  She could read kids books (not a fan of Fergie, but that was a cute idea).  She could travel to sites in Norway that are famous in Norwegian literature. She could inaugurate some kind of young writers awards.  She could set up mobile libraries to poorer parts of Norway.  So many things she could do to give back.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2859 on: September 09, 2021, 03:52:28 AM »

So much she could be doing/could have done, even if she is as sick as she says (I side-eye this bc of her willingness to sit with a smoker).  With her love of literature, some kind of book club should be a natural, and there are ways to set these up on line, through zoom, etc.  She could stay at home and pop into different zoom book clubs.  She could read kids books (not a fan of Fergie, but that was a cute idea).  She could travel to sites in Norway that are famous in Norwegian literature. She could inaugurate some kind of young writers awards.  She could set up mobile libraries to poorer parts of Norway.  So many things she could do to give back.

Agreed. Covid was the perfect time for people to develop online virtual events for people.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Kemenate

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2860 on: October 24, 2021, 02:02:48 PM »

Can someone tell how offen Mette Marit went to Africa? (Years?)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2861 on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »

MM sent a digital greeting on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Landslaget for mat og helse i skolen (School Food and Health Association)

https://www.kongehuset.no...?tid=189745&sek=26939

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2862 on: November 13, 2021, 09:51:20 AM »

MM attended the celebration of the 75th anniversary of The Oslo School of Architecture and Design

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2863 on: November 13, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »

Skirt and top look great on her. Stylish.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2864 on: November 13, 2021, 06:52:17 PM »

Yes very nice look and a good one around designers. She generally doesn't suit the high neckline because she is so top heavy but here the fit is great and the look works really well.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 195   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: