Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 185   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 871190 times)
Michelle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

Wasn't this Met Gala a private  thing to raise money for Obama's campaign??  Confused

The Met Gala is an annual ball that celebrates the opening of the fashion exhibit at the Costume Institute.  Has nothing to do with President Obama.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2012, 08:20:31 PM »

Wow ; I really gave her more credit than she deserved  Thumb down I don't understand her and why she isn't doing more duties in Norway.She has become a socialite. Thumb down I'm surprised Haakon doesn't realise that this isn't good for his posistion. Thinking

So how many duties does MM do a year?

ITA and she's not even a socialite besides being Norway's CPss, she's just a full-time socialite.  No

Aaah, thank you!
It's very strange, because the court said that MM would be back in Norway by May 17 but she needs to go back (and further away) three days later?
If she's staying until the 17th she should just fly from New York to Seattle.

Shes coming home for Norway's constitution day, which is May 17th.  
I know, I saw it on the calendar but it wouldn't be the first (or the second, or the third!) time she has cancelled an official event.  Roll Eyes

tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »

I wouldn't mind if she or any other CP wanted to hobnob at the Met ball on their off night provided they actually work in their home country. It's an incredible party. But not sure that qualification's actually met in this case.
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »

Does she even pretend to love Haakon or does she brush him aside?

ITA and she's not even a socialite besides being Norway's CPss, she's just a full-time socialite.

What a pointless waste.

To think, the Norweigans are going to be supporting her sorry arse for the rest of her luxury loving life.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 06:20:49 AM »

Like I have said, she's done a 180 since Sverre. It was weird, fashion wise you could tell with all the black stockings, frumpy clothing, like she was going to be a nun or something...Before totally diff style.
She may be one of those people that react strongly & emotionally to advice they see as criticism, but whatever on personal issues. I'm telling you all, I think she believes she is married to a diplomat, not a Crown prince. I think Hotty H is to blame on that-to me he's the smarter, stronger one in the team and she acts accordingly. Methinks he wants to be hired by the UN as a working member and not in a ceremonial role-the man wanted to go to SAIS after Berkeley. That school is no joke! Its for the movers and shakers in global policy. MM 1st trip alone overseas she was in DC & went to Hopkins (the undergrad campus though). KF asked on H&M status- They both think their shit is covered with aids ribbons wafting the sweet smell of insecticide treated malaria nets.

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 07:55:57 AM »

It was weird, fashion wise you could tell with all the black stockings, frumpy clothing, like she was going to be a nun or something...Before totally diff style.

She's overcompensating for her wilder past; she si careful not to dress too sexily since it might remond people of her past. It is too easy for her past to come back so she is burying it underneath all that frump.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
linnpinn

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »

I wonder how long she will stay, or if she will jet off on some self imposed humanitarian mission. Will she wear Norweigan fashion or will she wear Valentino or Prada, or some other major designer funded by the taxpayers?

Best of both worlds, really  Beer

She is going to be back in Seattle on the 21th, for a Young Leaders Summit.
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

Yeah, their global focus has always struck me as a little strange for someone expressly dedicate to one country. Wasn't it in the documentary on MM where Harald said he had to refuse a lot of their plans and ideas? One wonders what these two will be up to once he is gone.

I really like Haakon and MM in a lot of ways. I just really want them to stop giving me reasons to stop.  Nono
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:35 PM »

Do M-M and Haakon support environmental causes?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »

They traded in their Volvo suv for a hybrid couple years ago. Other than that the only mention on enviro causes I've picked up is this appearance:
http://www.hafslund.no/om...ikkel.asp?artikkelid=1882

linnpinn

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »

Theres small things like this;
http://www.royaltyinthene...in-world-environment-day/

The event/launch in NYC with designer Nina Skarra (posted a few pages back); Skarra is a 'green designer'.

Haakon;
http://www.kongehuset.no/...tikkel/vis.html?tid=84167
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2012, 07:46:33 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Yes M-M's carbon footprint must be huge so it's a good thing that they don't do too much with environmental causes.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2012, 05:59:03 AM »

Thanks for the info.  Yes M-M's carbon footprint must be huge so it's a good thing that they don't do too much with environmental causes.
Beer
I do wonder-and not to go OT- how these two view themselves.I never thought about it until this thread started (thanks again PeDe!).
And that dress at the Met Gala, did she borrow it from the Norwegian homesteaders museum in Minnesota? Oh yeah Valentino. If she'd worn a  Norwegian design I think it would have looked better.all around.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2012, 07:02:05 AM »

The Valentino gown looks like a night gown, just with more fabrics.  Yikes 
Pepa

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »

"If there's a bright side to this, it's that the royal court confirmed that this dress was only on loan from Valentino for the night and was not purchased (an unusual confirmation, seemlingly made in light of the fact that the frock costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $17,000), so we'll only see it once."

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.de/

"The Spanish Royal House is not there to say. The SRF is there to be there." .-Letizia said.

"I am a princess" .- Letizia said

"Do you think this is holydays? I donīt." Letizia, summer 2010 in Mallorca.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 185   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: