Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 833197 times)
PrincessOdette

Mini Member

United States United States

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #2625 on: May 30, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »

The difference is that he aged well and she didn’t. But I always thought she was pretty but normal pretty, and I guess the Scandinavian coloring isn’t that impressive when in Scandinavia
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2626 on: May 30, 2019, 11:35:47 PM »

I think they're a match in terms of attractiveness. Both are decent looking people, but nothing special, IMO.

What strikes me first about these photos is that they look happy. They haven’t  looked happy to me in a very long time, at least not sincerely.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2627 on: May 30, 2019, 11:55:04 PM »

I think they were happy and they surely are still a nice family with sweet children for whom they both want the best.

It also speaks volumes of Haakon, Harald and Sonja how Marius was included in the family from the very first second. I know this should come without saying, but sadly most often it doesn't.

However I think both of them have become delusional along the way. MM I believe was most likely corrupted (for the lack of a better word) by the sudden wealth and opportunities surrounding her (after all it's happened before). Of course her illness has certainly played a part in it too, but to me only a minor one. They were off long before. Haakon on the other hand seems to have been hit hard by the fact that his lovely wife didn't cope (or more likely didn't want to cope) as gracefully with her duties as he expected. Maybe he's/has felt quilty too for forcing her in this situation and I think he's pitying/feeling angry himself for not listening to those, who said - think twice, before you tie the knot and I told you so.

If ever there has been a pair proving that Cinderella and Prince Charming are not compatible with eachother in a long run (because they come from totally different worlds) it's those two.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:04:11 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2628 on: May 31, 2019, 12:40:54 AM »

There were also pretty strong rumors a few years ago that she had cheated and he started looking really unhappy around then.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2629 on: May 31, 2019, 07:28:28 AM »

There were also pretty strong rumors a few years ago that she had cheated and he started looking really unhappy around then.

Could very well be. I've always had the impression that he was more into her (generally loved her) than vice versa.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2630 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:41 PM »

However I think both of them have become delusional along the way. MM I believe was most likely corrupted (for the lack of a better word) by the sudden wealth and opportunities surrounding her (after all it's happened before). Of course her illness has certainly played a part in it too, but to me only a minor one. They were off long before. Haakon on the other hand seems to have been hit hard by the fact that his lovely wife didn't cope (or more likely didn't want to cope) as gracefully with her duties as he expected. Maybe he's/has felt quilty too for forcing her in this situation and I think he's pitying/feeling angry himself for not listening to those, who said - think twice, before you tie the knot and I told you so.

They had a kind of cinderella story - she, gone down a few wrong lanes and he, the charming prince who came to her rescue. But there was no happy ending to that.

There was never one stage when you felt that she felt commited to being queen of Norway. She was commited to have all the perks, yes. What I can't forgive her is the fact that she attened some internation meetings about helping disadvantaged women in poorer parts of the world and roughly around the same time helped her gay friends to exploit an Indian woman by collecing the freshly delivered twins (if all this was so "legal" - why could the "friends" not go themselves? with her diplomatic passport.

At times she was too sick to attend a ten minute event down the road but was spotted at private events in New York and other glamerous playes only hours or days later.

She might be sick now, yes. But her husband is preparing to be king. Her parents in law who have been so good to her are ageing. I don't see any effort to be part of the firm.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2631 on: June 25, 2019, 07:01:20 PM »

I thought she looked beautiful on her wedding day and was a different sort of Princess. It would be a sad end to what was once a promising story.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2632 on: June 25, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »

They had a kind of cinderella story - she, gone down a few wrong lanes and he, the charming prince who came to her rescue. But there was no happy ending to that.

There was never one stage when you felt that she felt commited to being queen of Norway. She was commited to have all the perks, yes. What I can't forgive her is the fact that she attened some internation meetings about helping disadvantaged women in poorer parts of the world and roughly around the same time helped her gay friends to exploit an Indian woman by collecing the freshly delivered twins (if all this was so "legal" - why could the "friends" not go themselves? with her diplomatic passport.

At times she was too sick to attend a ten minute event down the road but was spotted at private events in New York and other glamerous playes only hours or days later.

She might be sick now, yes. But her husband is preparing to be king. Her parents in law who have been so good to her are ageing. I don't see any effort to be part of the firm.

MM is clearly one of those people, who never understood that if you're given something, you've to give something back.

I remember old photos of them where Haakon looked at her lovingly, even besotted...can't recall any recent ones. Nowadays she seems to be more like a dangler for him.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2633 on: July 01, 2019, 05:57:43 PM »

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway to publish a book

http://royalcentral.co.uk...-to-publish-a-book-125183

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway has made promoting literature one of her main causes and now she’s publishing a book to help raise the profile of Norwegian arts. The Crown Princess is behind a collection of writing that will hit the shelves in September.

Mette-Marit will co-edit a selection of twelve stories and essays which will be published just ahead of the famous Frankfurt Book Fair. This year, Norway is the main contributing country at the event which is billed as the ‘most important marketplace’ in the world for print and digital publishing.

The book, which has the working title of ‘The Home Country and Other Narratives’ will feature work by authors selected by Crown Princess Mette-Marit and her co-editor, Geir Gulliksen. Among those chosen by the pair are Vigdis Hjorth and Dag Solstad. The company publishing the book, Aschenoug, says that the editors have picked writers whose work they value highly and all the pieces in the tome will be new and previously unseen.

It’s understood that any money earned by Crown Princess Mette-Marit by the book will be donated to charity although which organisations will benefit hasn’t yet been confirmed.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2634 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:25 PM »

That is a (one of her few) good points that she promotes reading.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #2635 on: July 25, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »

Mette-Marit posing with her eldest son Marius Borg Høiby. He looks like a male version of MM.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2636 on: July 25, 2019, 02:59:27 PM »

Mette-Marit posing with her eldest son Marius Borg Høiby. He looks like a male version of MM.

I agree upon that. Also he has already a collection of tattoo's on his arm(s)
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2637 on: July 25, 2019, 07:08:56 PM »

I agree upon that. Also he has already a collection of tattoo's on his arm(s)

And he's wearing what looks like wedding ban...

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2638 on: July 25, 2019, 08:37:01 PM »

Except that in Norway, wedding bands are worn on the right hand, I believe.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2639 on: July 25, 2019, 08:58:46 PM »

Didn't MM ask privacy for Marius since he is not a royal ? What's the need to pose with him ?
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: