Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 184   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 851616 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #2670 on: August 13, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »

It it good to see that sheís still very physical active despite a serious lung condition...a 80km (50 mile) bike ride takes pretty good cardiovascular heath depending on terrain and whatnot. 

Considering the dramatic drop in an all ready very light work load it might be advisable to limit sharing on SM.  By all means she should enjoy her good days but (and I hate myself for saying this) it does lend to an appearance of using her illness to pick and choose.  Iím not saying thatís whatís happening but thatís the story thatís unintentionally being written.

I guess you described it well!

And off course there are people with severe illnesses that seem to do only the fun stuff but of whom most people are unaware they need to pay a price for it (extra rest, complete drop of energy and such).

During student time I had a house mate in my studenthome who had physical complaints after a traffic accident several years before and its aftermath. She could walk, but not for a long time in a row. Therefore in some cases a wheelchair was brought along. Some people would react rude and negative,  openly wonder why she needed a wheelchair after they had seen her walking before.

Thanks! 

It was very hard to get my thoughts typed out into something that made sense.  Itís a though issue but IMO adjusting her SM content would help avoid a negative narrative.

You and your sensible suggestions!  Star

Currently visualizing my highest self
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2671 on: September 03, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »

MM and author Geir Gulliksen were the editors of the anthology "Hjemlandet og andre fortellinger" (The Homeland and Other Stories). MM was invited to be editor in connection with Norway being the guest country at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2019, and by virtue of her role as ambassador for Norwegian literature abroad. She chose writer Geir Gulliksen as co-editor.

Together they invited twelve authors to contribute with newly written short stories and essays based on questions about what it means to be Norwegian today. The anthology was launched today at an event organized by Aschehoug Publishing.

https://www.kongehuset.no...?tid=172659&sek=26939

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2672 on: September 04, 2019, 02:26:24 PM »

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2673 on: September 04, 2019, 08:07:52 PM »

Like the clothes - hate the hair!
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2674 on: September 04, 2019, 09:47:24 PM »

MM has shown recently at her daughter's confirmation that she can look fabulous. I think it's most often the fact of not wanting/bothering.

It outfit is ok, nothing special. The hair is  Thumb down
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2675 on: September 04, 2019, 09:58:30 PM »

MM has always shown she can look good, travel and work - when she can be bothered.
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2676 on: September 04, 2019, 10:00:49 PM »

I can't stand that outfit. But it's more interesting than the awful prairie dresses she wears. Her hair is terrible there. Has anyone heard her speak English? Does she speak other languages, too, like German?
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2677 on: September 04, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »

I can't stand that outfit. But it's more interesting than the awful prairie dresses she wears. Her hair is terrible there. Has anyone heard her speak English? Does she speak other languages, too, like German?

I think someone here mentioned that she speaks excellent English.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2678 on: September 04, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »

In the book, MM wrote about her youth rebellion and not being the Crown Princess many people expect her to be.

https://www.expressen.se/...-barndomen-sa-bara-stopp/
https://www.vg.no/rampely...ont&utm_content=row-1

Norwegian crown princess Mette-Marit has, together with author Geir Gulliksen, selected twelve authors for a book - where they will describe what it is like to be Norwegian.
In conversation between the two, Mette-Marit talks about her teenage rebellion when she shaved off all her hair in high school.
- I still have a lot of rebellion in me. I do not perform my role in the way many expect me to. On the contrary, I think, says Crown Princess Mette-Marit in the interview.

In a conversation between Mette-Marit and Geir Gulliksen, she tells about her teenage years when she rebelled.

- I grew up in a family which was a poster-family for success, but us living in the house knew it wasn't true. Today I can say that I am happy to have that experience with me, even after it all went well for us, says Mette-Marit in the interview.

The Crown Princess says she was in an "extreme rebellion" and in high school she shaved off her hair.
- I started to see that my childhood had done something to me and I went through a phase where I had so much pain that needed to come out and it came out in anger and sadness. Until I traveled to Australia, I had been the world's most dutiful adolescent. I was very kind, I fit right inside the box. Then it just stopped, I couldn't do more. At least I couldn't meet the expectations of other people. I've always known that I'm not good at meeting expectations, when people have too high expectations of me.

The Crown Princess says that she does not feel that she lives up to people's expectations of her. But she is no longer as focused on doing so either.
- Well, the first ten years I tried to be what I thought a Crown Princess should be like. But now I'm not too concerned about it anymore. It's important to live a life I can stand for and be myself. And I think literature has helped me, says the Crown Princess in the book.

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2679 on: September 04, 2019, 10:37:52 PM »

MM has shown recently at her daughter's confirmation that she can look fabulous. I think it's most often the fact of not wanting/bothering.

It outfit is ok, nothing special. The hair is  Thumb down

I am a details person, so what really bothered me is that she chose to wear a white/beige bra beneath the very thin black sweater.
It's very visible in one of the pics, where a flash was on her.
Why would you do that? Black bra beneath black clothes. Fullstop.

And the hair is really ... platinum damaged.
She would look fab and 5 years younger if she would go for some honey blonde, like 5 shades darker than now.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2680 on: September 04, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »

It outfit is ok, nothing special. The hair is  Thumb down

I am a details person, so what really bothered me is that she chose to wear a white/beige bra beneath the very thin black sweater.
It's very visible in one of the pics, where a flash was on her.
Why would you do that? Black bra beneath black clothes. Fullstop.

And the hair is really ... platinum damaged.
She would look fab and 5 years younger if she would go for some honey blonde, like 5 shades darker than now.

You're really always spot on! I didn't even notice the bra, but now that you mentioned it, I can't overlook it anymore.

You're totally right about the hair. Blonde ok, but this one does nothing for her. And IA has such beautiful hair. She should take advice from her.

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2681 on: September 04, 2019, 10:55:35 PM »

In the book, MM wrote about her youth rebellion and not being the Crown Princess many people expect her to be.

Norwegian crown princess Mette-Marit has, together with author Geir Gulliksen, selected twelve authors for a book - where they will describe what it is like to be Norwegian.
In conversation between the two, Mette-Marit talks about her teenage rebellion when she shaved off all her hair in high school.
- I still have a lot of rebellion in me. I do not perform my role in the way many expect me to. On the contrary, I think, says Crown Princess Mette-Marit in the interview.

In a conversation between Mette-Marit and Geir Gulliksen, she tells about her teenage years when she rebelled.

- I grew up in a family which was a poster-family for success, but us living in the house knew it wasn't true. Today I can say that I am happy to have that experience with me, even after it all went well for us, says Mette-Marit in the interview.

The Crown Princess says she was in an "extreme rebellion" and in high school she shaved off her hair.
- I started to see that my childhood had done something to me and I went through a phase where I had so much pain that needed to come out and it came out in anger and sadness. Until I traveled to Australia, I had been the world's most dutiful adolescent. I was very kind, I fit right inside the box. Then it just stopped, I couldn't do more. At least I couldn't meet the expectations of other people. I've always known that I'm not good at meeting expectations, when people have too high expectations of me.

The Crown Princess says that she does not feel that she lives up to people's expectations of her. But she is no longer as focused on doing so either.
- Well, the first ten years I tried to be what I thought a Crown Princess should be like. But now I'm not too concerned about it anymore. It's important to live a life I can stand for and be myself. And I think literature has helped me, says the Crown Princess in the book.

Great that she knows it herself. I'm so torn with MM. Personally she seems a nice person and a good mother. She's lazy, but if something interests her she's totally into it.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2682 on: September 05, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »

So we have a queen who tried to hard for 40 years and when she finally relaxed , we like her more, and now we have a future queen who cant be Bothered...not living up to other people expectations dont mean you have to look a mess when you represent norway, its a privelidge, and she pretty much has looked like she cant be bothered with clothes, hair and makeup the last two years..,

Today she attended the funeral of musician Anne Grete Preus who died much before her time.
https://www.vg.no/rampely...satt-trist-for-hele-norge
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2683 on: September 05, 2019, 02:18:27 PM »

It's very important to be a rebel when one can actually bring something new and useful on the table but staying hidden behind close doors and unspeakable privileges doesn't seem exactly rebelious or meaningful. Her work with books and literature is very important but I don't think we have seen her do anything more than that. She seems likeable but she doesn't do much, she doesn't do anything concidering her status.

Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2684 on: September 05, 2019, 03:37:36 PM »

She's done a few things with the Salvation Army and a few churches, which is different and which I admire.  Books and literature are very important as well.  That said, that's it.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 184   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: