Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ernst never seen with Alexandra.  (Read 17364 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »

EA was never in the German news (at least I don't remember) before Caroline came on the scene. His younger brother was because he has a child with a famous German comedian. But EA?

I think he went back into hiding after the marriage with Caroline was over. Caroline has successfully suit several German magazines, so maybe Alexandra is protected until she is 18? Not sure. EA has enough possibilities to see her without the press being present.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »

EA was never in the German news (at least I don't remember) before Caroline came on the scene. His younger brother was because he has a child with a famous German comedian. But EA?

I think he went back into hiding after the marriage with Caroline was over. Caroline has successfully suit several German magazines, so maybe Alexandra is protected until she is 18? Not sure. EA has enough possibilities to see her without the press being present.

You're missing the point. It's not about the visitation, it's about his drinking. There is a big difference between a heavy drinker and an alcoholic who has blackouts and gets violent. It's not a matter of Ernst hiding from the press, it's just that the press has no interest in him now that he's not with Caroline - that is until photos surface again with another mistress on vacation.
Sarah

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »

Speaking of violence, read this article
http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120427-42211.html

"The German aristocrat is suing Lucky Strike over a poster showing a beaten-up cigarette packet, with the slogan "Was that Ernst? Or August?"

The prince claims that the ad violates his human rights by characterizing him as a "brutal hooligan." He says that he cannot lead a "normal private life" in a country that allows such an advertising campaign."
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »

Speaking of violence, read this article
http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120427-42211.html

"The German aristocrat is suing Lucky Strike over a poster showing a beaten-up cigarette packet, with the slogan "Was that Ernst? Or August?"

The prince claims that the ad violates his human rights by characterizing him as a "brutal hooligan." He says that he cannot lead a "normal private life" in a country that allows such an advertising campaign."

Well when you keep punching people, what did he expect? I do think he will win this case because he is a private citizen and doesn't hold public office. I guess we'll see what happens.
swanlake

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 04:48:01 AM »

How do you know if he had blackouts?  Unless observed firsthand,  that is quuuuuite a claim.

You're missing the point. It's not about the visitation, it's about his drinking. There is a big difference between a heavy drinker and an alcoholic who has blackouts and gets violent. It's not a matter of Ernst hiding from the press, it's just that the press has no interest in him now that he's not with Caroline - that is until photos surface again with another mistress on vacation.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »

I think he wins as well. I am not sure if his alcoholism is that bad, I'd rather say the marriage failed and C and EA decided to keep everything strictly behind closed door. As a matter of fact EA left his wife for Caroline which does not put a good light on both of them. Plus they got a lot of negative reports.

Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 05:02:20 PM »

Well, first of all one does not need to see a blackout. That being said, I read about his blackouts many years ago. Do I have proof other than what I read? No I don't. However, having said that, if one has read up on the stages of alcoholism (which I have) or if one happens to have a sister who is a shrink and has seen it all, and what she says fits what was written about Ernst, one can surmise that one point in his life he did indeed suffer blackouts. Am I an expert, of course not. But when Rainier died Ernest almost died and the reports of his drinking surfaced again. He has been in and out of rehab (serious rehab not Hollywood style rehab) to try and save his life. So yes if what is reported is true, then it is quite a claim. Whether you chose to believe it or not is entirely up to you. I would really suggest that people here take a little time and look up alcoholism and it's stages. It's really a sad addiction. If Ernst is back on the wagon, then I'm sure Caroline has Alexandra visit her father. It just depends if he has a handle on his addiction. It's a life-long process. 

How do you know if he had blackouts?  Unless observed firsthand,  that is quuuuuite a claim.

Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »

I think he wins as well. I am not sure if his alcoholism is that bad, I'd rather say the marriage failed and C and EA decided to keep everything strictly behind closed door. As a matter of fact EA left his wife for Caroline which does not put a good light on both of them. Plus they got a lot of negative reports.

I agree, it's his second failure and while technically her third marriage, it's also her second failure. Both have lots of issues, but I always think that Caroline has her children's best interests at heart. Parenting is a very hard thing to do and nobody is perfect. I do think the spotlight on Ernst while he was married to Caroline irritated him and probably contributed to his drinking issues who knows. He certainly has lots of problems. Both of them like to keep things private thankfully for the sake of the kids on both sides. On that they get high marks.
Sarah

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »

Okay, about the violence part. A couple of years ago there was a photo of Caroline in a Scandinavian magazine where it was obvious she had a black eye. The article had seriously speculated on the domestic abuse claims. I tried to find the photo again today but I could not.
At any rate, when this idiot was hospitalized again in Spain last summer with pancreatic problems, Caroline and Alexandra were on Capri. Neither one went to visit.
Sarah

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »

Correction: the photo was around the time of the separation.Here it is
http://svenskdam.se/image...files/2009/05/caoline.jpg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:42:16 PM by Sarah » Logged
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 09:22:34 PM »

IMO that relationship was doomed right from the beginning. I could imagine that he is really loosing it, the question is just how Caroline could be that blind ... she was a mature woman by then, married twice beforehand.

Well ...
swanlake

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 12:05:56 AM »

It takes two to make a marriage work.  Alcololism definitely does not help a relationship.  Caroline often wears a very large gold band and no announcements from the palace so far.  Too bad that everyone in the involved families have suffered.  Even though we have all read articles and seen photos we can guess at what is going on.  Maybe Caroline had an eye infection.  Her upper lid is not bruised, maybe it is a bruise.  Unless we know intimately involved members of this marriage or their friends there is plenty that we do not know and can never know. If we are going to cast judgements, let's be gentle and not harshly without compassion.
FlyingFlunky
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »

I agree, it's his second failure and while technically her third marriage, it's also her second failure. Both have lots of issues, but I always think that Caroline has her children's best interests at heart. Parenting is a very hard thing to do and nobody is perfect. I do think the spotlight on Ernst while he was married to Caroline irritated him and probably contributed to his drinking issues who knows. He certainly has lots of problems. Both of them like to keep things private thankfully for the sake of the kids on both sides. On that they get high marks.

i dont believ there is any evidence of domestic violence or blackouts and it wasnt the presse who irritated EA IMO but the wife he has. I wouldnt blame a man to need a drink or two married to a whore like that. Who knows how she got the black eye....she is quite fond of a drink herself (like Mommy dearest) and is equallt known for her temper tantrums.
If she cares so much about Alaxandra's welfare, she wouldnt allow her to be around so many coke heads either. JMO.
Sarah

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »

FlyingFlunky
Why do you say she's a whore? Because she forced two husbands into marriage or you know something else?
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 10:26:05 PM »

i dont believ there is any evidence of domestic violence or blackouts and it wasnt the presse who irritated EA IMO but the wife he has. I wouldnt blame a man to need a drink or two married to a whore like that. Who knows how she got the black eye....she is quite fond of a drink herself (like Mommy dearest) and is equallt known for her temper tantrums.
If she cares so much about Alaxandra's welfare, she wouldnt allow her to be around so many coke heads either. JMO.

Ah, so it´s again her fault that he drinks. So easy to blame others for your problems.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:40:27 PM by Miss Waynfleet » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: