Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ernst never seen with Alexandra.  (Read 19053 times)
willywonka85

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »

I always assumed that the only reason Caroline married him is because he could give her the HRH, as opposed to the rest of the Monaco royals who are only HSH.  I could be completely wrong, though.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 10:34:18 PM »

http://www.bz-berlin.de/a...obleme-article247573.html
http://translate.google.d...obleme-article247573.html

"For 35 years, my life more than hard Now I am 51 years old and should not, of course, act more like 28th Nevertheless, I am doing exactly this. state is going to change now though. From now on, I must take small steps.

So his problems are older than his marriage with Caroline.

"My problem is that I can not say no. If someone calls me and wants me to come drink, then I do it," he admits. And he takes to himself: "Now I'll have to learn but to make myself scarce Then you also have to stop calling me and I fall not into temptation.".

Did he said anywhere that his wife is to blame for? No!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »

I always assumed that the only reason Caroline married him is because he could give her the HRH, as opposed to the rest of the Monaco royals who are only HSH.  I could be completely wrong, though.

Not exactly sure what the attraction was between them.  They never really fitted right IMO, Caroline and her second husband were a very nice couple but Caroline and EA?
FlyingFlunky
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 04:03:58 AM »

She married him because she was almost four months pregnant and thats not a good (2nd time) look for a "devout catholic" princess.
FlyingFlunky
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »

FlyingFlunky
Why do you say she's a whore? Because she forced two husbands into marriage or you know something else?

Both.
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 04:24:52 AM »

I don't think the reputation of any of the Grimaldi children was befitting their 'Catholic' status, but FF, your'e quite right, she was four months pregnant when she got married. They were wild kids, and Stephanie especially certainly showed no constraint whatsoever in her private life. 
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 07:38:21 AM »

She married him because she was almost four months pregnant and thats not a good (2nd time) look for a "devout catholic" princess.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me, that had slipped my mind.

Yes, that was another bit strange story as well, her being pregnant by a married German royal, at a rather advanced age and then giving birth to Austria (of all places). Never figured out the "real" reason for that. Has anyone some info on that?

The whole story was just upside down, but the whole family seems like that. Caroline had only one stable period in her life (2nd marriage), Albert had no intention to settle down for five decades but no problem fathering children all around the globe (despite his sister being active in campaigns agains AIDS) and taking responsibility for them very late and Stephanie always seems to be sad, lost, and in the persue of happiness in the strangest corners of the world (circus, etc.).
Nathalie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »

Now Caroline is a "whore" because she "forced" two men to married her? LOL thanks for the laugh.
She is a "whore" because she married being pregnant?
She is a "whore" because she dated many men in her life?

Wow, i didn't know some people were so puritan here. The catholic excuse is invalid, not because they are in a monarchy that means they are devoted catholic. Let's be realistic. Caroline lived a life. Not like certain new princess that always makes faces of "i didn't do it, i'm so much better than my sisters in-law, please like me, please, please"
Hibou

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »

Well, this is JMO but calling someone a whore is taking things a little to far. I would say manipulative might fit better. After all she managed to snag two husbands with pregnancies. Princess Grace always wanted her to marry Ernst, and I have always wondered if that's why she married him. The suggestion that she would trade up to HRH is not far-fetched at all. I often wonder if Alexandra might not actually be the one to take the throne when she is older. It's just a passing curiosity for me. Getting pregnant to get a husband is as old as the oldest profession, that's true. It's also known as a shotgun wedding for a reason. As for the Catholic part, I've never heard about the Church condemning a girl for getting pregnant. There seems to be a double standard. Only abortion would be a sin. Any thoughts from the Catholics on the forum?
Lolly

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »

Let's not forget that the man also has the option to use birth control or, shock! horror!, to not have sex.

Anybody having sex should not be that surprised if a little bundle of joy pops out nine months later.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

As for the Catholic part, I've never heard about the Church condemning a girl for getting pregnant. There seems to be a double standard. Only abortion would be a sin. Any thoughts from the Catholics on the forum?

Catholics see the marriage as a holy sacrament and only within this sacrament you are supposed to have sex with the wish to have children. Within the marriage NFP is allowed. Caroline:
(1) In church's eye 1st marriage was okay, but then later proved invalid and annulled (which is, to put it mildly, a rather rare occation)
(2) Second marriage was invalid in Catholics eyes, because it was annuled two years after Stefano Cashiragi
had died - they were never married in church, never received the holy sacrament = in the eyes of the
church all three children are illegitamite.
(3) Third marriage. While Caroline was free to marry now (in the eyes of the church) he wasn't. I am not sure whether he is Catholic or not. Let's assume he is Catholic - he is bound by the sacrament until his wife dies (she will stay his wife in the eyes of the church) - so Caroline commited adultery in the eyes of the church, their civil marriage is not valid in the eyes of the church.

So IMO none of the children is born into a legitimate marriage (in the eyes of the church) and therefore they are all illegitimate in the eyes of the RC church.

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »

The Casiraghi siblings were legitimized by Pope John Paul II in February 1993 (otherwise they wouldn´t be in the line of succession afaik).
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 06:49:57 PM »

Thanks - I remember now that they were legalized, something that did not go down too well with devout Catholics because -again- it is very rare that something like that happens.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:59 PM »

As for the Catholic part, I've never heard about the Church condemning a girl for getting pregnant. There seems to be a double standard. Only abortion would be a sin. Any thoughts from the Catholics on the forum?

Catholics see the marriage as a holy sacrament and only within this sacrament you are supposed to have sex with the wish to have children. Within the marriage NFP is allowed. Caroline:
(1) In church's eye 1st marriage was okay, but then later proved invalid and annulled (which is, to put it mildly, a rather rare occation)
(2) Second marriage was invalid in Catholics eyes, because it was annuled two years after Stefano Cashiragi
had died - they were never married in church, never received the holy sacrament = in the eyes of the
church all three children are illegitamite.
(3) Third marriage. While Caroline was free to marry now (in the eyes of the church) he wasn't. I am not sure whether he is Catholic or not. Let's assume he is Catholic - he is bound by the sacrament until his wife dies (she will stay his wife in the eyes of the church) - so Caroline commited adultery in the eyes of the church, their civil marriage is not valid in the eyes of the church.

So IMO none of the children is born into a legitimate marriage (in the eyes of the church) and therefore they are all illegitimate in the eyes of the RC church.

Ernst-August is a Protestant. The Catholic Church recognized his marriaged to first wife Chantal Hochuli...another Protestant-as valid. Therefore Caroline married him  only civilly because her own Church would not bless the marriage.

The reason the Pope legitimized the Casiraghi children was because Caroline's first marriage to Philippe Junot had finally been declared null. Nullity means the marriage was undertaken with either one or both of the parties not emotionally, psychologically or physicallly in a condition to be married in the first place.

Caroline charged that Junot refused to have children with her(true or not...who knows??) which for any Catholic is grounds for an annulment...not just for Princess Caroline. In any case it was a long, painful process.( Junot is said to have countered with the charge that Caroline was emotionally immature) Caroline brought her suit for nullification before the Holy See in 1980-1981...and the annulment of the Junot marriage was not granted until 1992, when Stefano of course had already died and made Caroline a widow.

If Stefano had lived, they doubtless would have had their civil union blessed in Church, which was why John Paul II went ahead and legitimized the three children of that marriage.

It is not correct that the Church still sees them(the Casi children) as illegitimate.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »

Hello,

the problem here is that the church -unfortunately- has very different standards in different situations. One of my friends tries to have his first marriage annulled and it is a nightmare!

Fact is that also Caroline (in the Catholic sense) should have waited until the Pope had sorted her problems out. She received some very favourable decisions from the Vatican. If you are a devout Catholic you can't break up with your husband, file for annulment and marry someone else and have children with him/ her in the meantime. A devout Catholic is asked to wait until his/ her case is heard.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: