Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ernst never seen with Alexandra.  (Read 17359 times)
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »

swanlake...you are exactly correct on every point.  Star

I had forgotten that Junot had tried to hold things up, and relented after Stefano's death.  John Paul II had initially  been in favor of denying Caroline the annulment(why, I have no idea. The Junot interlude certainly was no one's idea of a marriage between two adults with the right intentions!) but thank God the Holy Father was moved by Caroline's grief and his own compassion for her situation to grant the annulment and legitimize her children.  Sad

Such as sad, sad situation.

No one expected Albert or any of the Grimaldis at JP II's funeral...it occurred during the very same week as the obsequies for Prince Rainier.

But for Albert to skip the beatification ceremonies was simply baffling. He was the ONLY Catholic Head of State not present and believe me...his absence was glaring and duly noted. Henri and Maria-Theresa of Luxembourg, the Prince and Princess of Asturias, the Prince of Lichtenstein, the King and Queen of the Belgians, heck I think even Queen Elizabeth II sent a Catholic member of the BRF.

Albert II sent some low level bureaucrat.  Real mad I don't get Albert, and I don't get his "vision" for Monaco...if he even has one.  Sad

I don't know why the annulment took so long.  Perhaps because Caroline and Junot dated for a few years and were both adults that had reached the age of consent.  Also, the marriage was such a high profile situation.  The church may have been sensitive to that.  There was a lot of controversy due to the age difference.  Grace and Rainier tried to persuade Caroline not to marry.  They ever took her on a world-wide vacation, tried to send her to college in the USA.  Nothing worked.  Caroline was smitten and the marriage took place.  It is reported that Grace told Caroline that they could call the whole thing off.  This happened the week of the wedding.  Grace reported said, “well she will have a happy second marriage.”  Grace was sickened by the marriage, this was reported by Gwen Robins, her biographer.  I really think that since Caroline came from such a prominent family; this hurt her appeal for an annulment. I don't know on what grounds it was granted.  Does anyone know?

I think that I read somewhere...that the grounds for annulment were that one of the parties had no intention of fulfilling the marriage contract to remain faithful and start a family. I could be wrong, my memories are foggy. It could be also that the records are sealed and this is only hearsay.

Hibou, I also have noticed that the traditionally close ties to the Holy See under Albert's rule are....not so close. He snubbed the beatification ceremonies for John Paul II, and from what I understand Benedict XVI did not impart a Nuptial Benediction to Albert and Charlene at their wedding...which is unheard of for a high profile Catholic couple, particularly a Royal/Aristocratic couple. The Papal blessing is considered de rigeur for such occasions. There was not even one Cardinal present at the Albert/Charlene wedding...heck even the non-Catholic William and Kate had a Catholic cardinal at their wedding!  Shocked

Finally, Charlene has yet to be formally presented to the Pope as the new Princess of Monaco...something that normally happens within a few months of the wedding for other Royal and Princely brides.

It's all such a confusing mess. This marriage and everything about it is certainly a strange one, no doubt about it. Sad
swanlake

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »

Re. Albert and the vatican: the pope was scheduled to visit Monaco (I believe this year) but cancelled.

And early on, Benedict said as a guideline that politicians agreeing with (pro-)abortion laws should be excommunicated, but he left the final decision to the parish concerned. Albert has signed some sort of abortion law, after a long delay.

So all in all, with the above, the illegitimate children and Albert's general non-catholic behaviour, somehow I don't think that Albert and Benedict are or will become best buddies. Blondie doesn't seem to have warmed to her newfound religion nor does she do anything to promote it or show affection for it.

That's right, I forgot about the abortion law that Albert signed.  It was signed in 2009.  Princess Grace was outspoken against abortion and Prince Rainier's government only allowed abortion if the pregnancy was at risk to the life of the mother.  Now in Monaco abortion is allowed in cases of rape, fetal deformity, illness, or fatal danger to the mother.  This is against the teaching of the Catholic Church, no abortion is allowed.  I wonder why Pope Benedict's visit was canceled.  He was going to visit this year but the palace says that the visit has been postponed.
ginnis1
Banned
Large Member

Sea

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »

I was raised catholic and while I do not believe abortion should be used as birth control, if God forbid I was raped or my life was in danger I wouldn't hesitate. It's easy for some old guy in silk robes who walks on marble floors in his castle with enough gold to feed the hungry to say it is a sin. By the way, Jesus never had silk robes or marble floors to walk on...
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »

I was raised catholic and while I do not believe abortion should be used as birth control, if God forbid I was raped or my life was in danger I wouldn't hesitate. It's easy for some old guy in silk robes who walks on marble floors in his castle with enough gold to feed the hungry to say it is a sin. By the way, Jesus never had silk robes or marble floors to walk on...

I think there is no reason to dish the pope now and belittle him. He sets moral standards for the whole Catholic world so there is surely nothing "easy" about that. You know as well that most of the abortions are not poor young raped girls, most of the women having abortions (at least in Germany) are in their 30s, and already have two or three children.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2012, 04:27:45 PM »

Thank you Miss Marple. I think a couple of things should be known...the Pontiff does not decide morality based on his subjective opinion. He interprets it through the prism of the Gospel-or he is supposed to. Of course one can argue pro/con about the morality of artificial contraception, and while I do have a problem with the Church's position on birth control as a believing Catholic I would never question the authority of the Pope to preach against it. He is exercising the authority of his office.

As far as the Pope "walking the floors in silk robes"...the Pontiff's apartments in the Vatican are actually rather small and quite sparse. I remember seeing them on TV when John Paul II died...my own bedroom is much more lavish.  He  lives with very few material possessions-considering that he is the head of a global organization that has been in existence in some form for over 2,000 years-and when you take into account his mind boggling duties and responsibilities, and sphere of influence.

I see TV evangelists here in the U.S....driving luxury vehicles and living in great mansions and wearing expensively tailored clothing...who live a lot better than any Pope!!  Confused
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »

This thread is getting quite O/T now - the topic is Ernst and Alexandra, thank you Smiley
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2019, 10:30:50 AM »

I could not find a better thread for it and it concerns Alexandra ... I have posted before (in the Caroline thread) that EA junior sold Marienburg castle for 1€ to the German government because it needs restauration and he does not have the funds for it. EA senior has contested the sale - so he seems to have a bad relationship with all his kids presently.

I am sorry if that is O/T here ... not sure how to start a new thread (or if that is wanted).
Celia

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:18 AM »

There's a Hanover thread in the "Other Royal Families" section.  We discussed the sale there, I believe.
Konradin

Micro Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2019, 05:09:15 PM »

I could not find a better thread for it and it concerns Alexandra ... I have posted before (in the Caroline thread) that EA junior sold Marienburg castle for 1€ to the German government because it needs restauration and he does not have the funds for it. EA senior has contested the sale - so he seems to have a bad relationship with all his kids presently.

I am sorry if that is O/T here ... not sure how to start a new thread (or if that is wanted).
I read as much, EA looks especially difficult to deal with, when I reached this topic, I thought as much. Do you think he'd mind Alexandra's conversion to catholicism? He does not seem like the religious kind.
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2019, 01:03:52 AM »

If he is having some health issues again, Alexandra might be in touch.
Seagull
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2019, 10:32:18 AM »

If he is having some health issues again, Alexandra might be in touch.

Sometimes it seems that his health issues is the only thing Ernst still has. I'm really sorry for him and for his children.

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”
Buddha
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »

Sometimes, for self preservation, one must mentally and emotionally detatch from toxic relatives.
Konradin

Micro Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2019, 01:26:48 PM »

Sometimes, for self preservation, one must mentally and emotionally detatch from toxic relatives.
You are absolutely right, unfortunately, it does get to that point. At this point, I think he is non speaking terms with most of his children, or at least, that is what it looks like.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »

It was on the German news that he suffers cancer and still has a lot of other health issues. They would not elaborate.
Konradin

Micro Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »

It was on the German news that he suffers cancer and still has a lot of other health issues. They would not elaborate.
I hope it's not serious and might also help them to get close, given the cicumstances.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: