Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett is engaged  (Read 98176 times)
loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2024, 06:42:35 PM »

Martha is whining about her future mother-in-law's interview with Se og Hor. 

https://www.dailymail.co....s-richest-kid-school.html

His mother denies his claims that they had a private jet and "servants."  Well, just about everyone in California above a certain household income has a cleaner and a gardener --is that what he meant?!  I do remember finding some public information about his father's business at one point, and it definitely wasn't a high-rolling as Durek claimed.  Instead of an architect, I think his father had a contractor's business.
I saw that on her Insta account. She is blaiming "Se og hor" paper for spreading false information about him.
I am confused about whom to believe.... Is this a tabloid known for publishing false news? Or is it Märtha being so biased because of her passion for Durek that she cannot judge for herself anymore?
Maybe Larzen knows better...

https://www.instagram.com.../C50Wmb0P1ry/?img_index=1
ralf103

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: April 16, 2024, 07:32:30 PM »

Of all the things to argue about why pick how wealthy he was/was not when growing up?! Seems super odd to me. ML has been brainwashed by The Sham Man IMO so I don’t necessarily believe anything she says about him, whilst also accepting she may be right.
Larzen

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: April 16, 2024, 08:24:01 PM »

The post about  how rich he was and how posh his house was seems very strange and like noone is avvising her, but is supposed to proove that his mother who said they were poor cannot be trusted because she is payed for her story  (se og bør says they just pay for photos but noone belives that really) and that payed sorces are not to be trusted. The Norwegian ethics rules for the press wants against using payed sources.

Se og hør in Norway is not quite as trashy as in Denmark, they have some historic stories now and then, they have the best/rarest photos, and good sources but they also have a lurid reputation when it comes to paying sources close to the royals and this is starting to look like the business with Mette-Marits father all over…
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: April 17, 2024, 03:00:27 AM »

Martha is whining about her future mother-in-law's interview with Se og Hor. 

https://www.dailymail.co....s-richest-kid-school.html

His mother denies his claims that they had a private jet and "servants."  Well, just about everyone in California above a certain household income has a cleaner and a gardener --is that what he meant?!  I do remember finding some public information about his father's business at one point, and it definitely wasn't a high-rolling as Durek claimed.  Instead of an architect, I think his father had a contractor's business.

oh dear. cry me a river. first world problems  Roll Eyes

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Larzen

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2024, 10:53:58 AM »

Aftenposten publised today an article asking if half the norwegian line of succession would be out of sucession since the court has not wanted to say if King Harald has formally given his permission to the marriage. According to the constitution a prince or princess needs the permission from the monarch or they will looose their place in succession and the place of their children. Aftenposten has since withdrawn the article after 20 minutes because the article was not finnished, they have apologised for their mistake.

ML children are born of a legal marriage to which the King consented. But Im no law scollar so I guess the point of the article is if her children with Ari Behn would loose their place if she was to remarry without consent.
https://www.vg.no/rampely...ng-harald-martha-og-durek
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: April 26, 2024, 12:40:08 PM »

Given that Martha Louise is 52 years old, it would be highly unlikely that they would be any children born of this marriage. Of course, this guy has all kinds of magical powers, so who knows?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2024, 12:53:23 PM »

The article is likely operating with a strict interpretation of the law rather than the intent of the law.  The intent is to exclude those who marry without permission and descendants born those unapproved marriages rather than removing children born to approved marriages who's parents go on to remarry because their stepparent is unapproved.  Add...and of course once you're out you're out so subsequent marriages after an unapproved one wouldn't suddenly be ok and give you and those children succession rights.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 01:48:32 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Larzen

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2024, 01:28:01 PM »

It seems like that is the problem, much like those very conservative judges in the supreme court in the US are reading the law, as it was written, not how it seems logical in todays society.

The constitution says:

A princess or a prince with right of inheritance to the crown of Norway may not marry without permission from the king. She or he must also not accept another crown or government without the consent of the king and the Storting. Consent from the Storting requires a third of the votes.

If he or she acts contrary to this, the person concerned loses the right to the throne of Norway for himself or herself as well as for their descendants.

It does not say descendants of the unapproved marriage, just descendants and her three girls are her descendants. Not that it matter really if they were out of the sucession, they are not a realistic option.

The King has so far said anything about having given his permission, that was said when she was engaged to Ari Behn.
loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2024, 05:27:04 PM »

It seems like that is the problem, much like those very conservative judges in the supreme court in the US are reading the law, as it was written, not how it seems logical in todays society.

The constitution says:

A princess or a prince with right of inheritance to the crown of Norway may not marry without permission from the king. She or he must also not accept another crown or government without the consent of the king and the Storting. Consent from the Storting requires a third of the votes.

If he or she acts contrary to this, the person concerned loses the right to the throne of Norway for himself or herself as well as for their descendants.

It does not say descendants of the unapproved marriage, just descendants and her three girls are her descendants. Not that it matter really if they were out of the sucession, they are not a realistic option.

The King has so far said anything about having given his permission, that was said when she was engaged to Ari Behn.
If I understand it right, the King has not given his permission to ML to marry the Shaman, but he has given permission to her when she married the father of her daughters.

That would mean that ML's daughters are still in line for succession, if in case of a very unusual event, Haakon and his two children could not be King or Queen.
And yes, considering ML's age there might be no chance of having another heir to the throne. Therefore, the King didn't need to consent to his daughter's marriage.
Larzen

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2024, 05:57:01 PM »

But if he does not consent she automatically looses her place in the succession. The question is if her daughters do as the constitution just says «and her decendants» not from what marriage.

He might have done it(most probably, unless they are planning for a Friso and  Mabel solution) but not said it publicly which I think he will have to do now sooner than later.
Celia

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2024, 06:15:39 PM »

When was this part of the Constitution written?  They probably didn't think about divorce, widowhood, etc.  I mean, it's so hard to think of every possible permutation.
Larzen

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2024, 07:17:52 PM »

The palace now confirms that the King has consented even if it is not spelled out exactly:

His Majesty the King has stated that Princess Märtha Louise can marry whomever she wants, as well as congratulated and wished them luck through press releases from the Royal Court. This was an expression that the King had given his consent."

https://www.aftenposten.n...a-helt-sentralt-for-norge
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: