Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett is engaged  (Read 35402 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2022, 07:16:47 PM »

Martha Louise has been patron and worked with the norwegian epilepsi association. They now say they have ended their work with the princess because the discussions about the princess and Durek Verret became and issue, and they support school/ traditional medisine…

She was the patron atleast in 2014, not sure if she was official patron now as the norwegian patronages lasts for five years. Anyways she has done many events with them trough the years.

ML refused to answer questions about Verret when she attended an official event about guide dogs today. Why they chose to have her first official event in forever in the middle of all the critism that is now I dont understand.

Her brother was also not interested in answering questions about it today, but he has events pretty much every weekday and cant hide from them. Anyways I think the king has said enough for now for the family.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2022, 08:47:23 PM »

Its not easy to polish the image when he talks and talks and talks...

https://www.tv2.no/nyhete...er-litt-bollete/15067233/
In an exclusive interview with TV 2, he talks about how he has experienced racism in Norway, and how he believes the press is building up a false impression of him.

"Go back to Africa"
After the princess and Verrett announced that they were a couple in 2019, Verrett has visited Norway several times.

Verrett tells of a mixed reception in Norway, with both racism and death threats.

He mentions statements such as "go back to Africa, monkey", "no one wants a black man in the royal family", "I hope you get coronavirus and die a horrible death" and "I will shoot you on your wedding day".

- You don't know my heart and the depth of my love for people, he continues.

When asked if he thinks it's his skin color or his controversial role as a shaman that most people react to, he says he thinks it's both.

Princess Märtha Louise says she has also received death threats because she is with Verrett, and that she has experienced racism up close.

- Do you agree that the Norwegian people do not want to see a black man in the royal family?

- I believe that as a white person I cannot decide what is racism or not, because it is systematic racism in action. If Durek feels that way, then that's how it is, says the princess to TV 2.

- When we have white skin, we have no idea. We don't know what's going on. I've seen the messages he gets. But I have also seen pleasant meetings on the street, so we have the whole spectrum in Norway like everywhere else, she continues.

On the other hand, Verrett talks about Norwegians who have also welcomed him.

- I was at a restaurant last night, and the whole restaurant said "oh my god, we love your podcast", "we love your book" and "we love everything you do", says Verrett.

He says that he talks to people on the street who say they struggle to express themselves because of the Jante law.

- They feel that the strength I show by being with Märtha, and being in this culture, gives them hope that they can have the strength to stand up against this adversity.

Verrett believes the Norwegian press has contributed to creating a wrong impression of him in the population.

- I feel the press have taken what they want without asking me about things and getting more in depth about what I do. They take something and bring in a doctor or politician to make a case. It shows that you don't want to know, but just create drama, says Verrett.

He says that he thinks Norway is a bit "rowdy".

- In America, we think people are bullies when they just criticize and attack without getting to know anyone. It shows that you don't have the ability to take the time to get to know someone, says Verrett.

- Can you understand that for many the things you say are a bit "crazy"?

- I think you think it's "crazy", because you don't know spirituality. If all I understood was the medical world and I heard someone say this, I would also say 'oh my god, they're crazy,'" replies Verrett

https://www.tv2.no/nyhete...pa-hva-han-sier/15065853/

In an interview with TV 2, Verrett and Princess Märtha Louise now take the magazine out of their mouths, and talk about, among other things, the relationship with the royal couple.

Verrett says that he has a good relationship with his royal future father-in-law.

- He is wise, has so much knowledge, is so kind and likeable, and really understands things. We talk about everything. He listens to me and I listen to him, says Verrett to TV 2.

Princess Märtha Louise says that she was never nervous about telling the royal couple that she had gotten together with Verrett.

- I think they are very happy when I am happy. They have been very generous and open, and embraced our relationship, says the princess.

Verrett and the princess say that they have not yet spoken to the king after his statement, as the royal couple have been traveling in Møre and Romsdal.

- I trust what he says, and I know that we will talk about things, says Verrett.

The princess points out that they are a family that is keen to talk together.

- When my father says that we should talk about this, it does not mean that he should be strict, but that there should be a discussion. Because that's how we do it in our family, she says.

- Were you surprised by what he said?

- No, I was satisfied with what he said, because it is true, the princess replies and elaborates:

- We will talk about it, and we have cultural differences.

In the TV 2 interview, Verrett denies that he uses royal titles to sell his products and services.

- I don't go around selling products with her (Princess Märtha Louise's) name on them. In America she is known as Princess Märtha, and that is what people want to hear, he says.

He believes it is crucial in the US to speak more loudly about oneself and who one is than in Norway.

- If not, people don't trust you, claims Verrett.

- But is it easier to sell if you are with a princess?

- No. I already had tremendous success before she came in. When she came in, the thing we disliked the most was people trying to lump us together as "the princess and the shaman."

Verrett says he does not deny medical treatment, but believes Norwegians should also be open to alternative treatment.

- I think you think it's "crazy" because you don't know spirituality

If all I understood was the medical world and I heard someone say this, I would also say, 'Oh my God, they're crazy,'" says Verrett.

- I think people are crazy for not trying to understand it more closely. All previous pioneers were called crazy because no one understood what was happening.

In an interview with TV 2, they now reveal details about the proposal, which according to Verrett was a bit of a planning process.

- It was quite a journey. I had several ideas, but she guessed every single one, says Verrett.

Verrett says he would do it traditionally, and ask the royal couple for permission to propose to their daughter.

A full two years before he proposed, he arranged a meeting with King Harald and Queen Sonja.

- I wanted to know that they were behind me in the proposal, in marrying her and in becoming part of the royal family. If they hadn't done it, it wouldn't have been right for me to do it, says Verrett.

He says that the royal couple asked questions about him, what he does and how he wants to be there for his future wife.

- It was a nice conversation, and they said yes, he says.

When the couple announced their engagement, they released a photo of the princess showing off her engagement ring.
Verrett says that it took eight months to make, but that it was left locked in a safe for quite some time before he proposed.

He wanted to wait until some time had passed since Ari Behn's passing.

- I wanted the country, her and the children to have time to grieve, so I don't think it was appropriate. That's why I waited as any good man would for her, says Verrett.

In the end, Verrett had the plan ready for a proposal in surroundings that had great significance for the couple.

- What I landed on was a lovely place with horses around. I got a designer to make a dress for her, and invited friends to a summer gathering, says Verrett to TV 2.

There he went down on one knee and proposed to the princess.

- I could barely speak, because I was crying because I love this woman so much, says Verrett.

- It was a wonderful moment to see the horses there, because the horses mean a lot to her and to us.

- Durek meets me on so many levels, and I am very sorry that he is portrayed so differently from how I know him, says the princess to TV 2.

- He is so funny, wonderful and wise, and makes my life so much better in so many ways, she continues.

- When is the wedding?

- Good question, she laughs.

- There is a lot of planning, and right now we are enjoying the engagement. We have not set a date, but when we do we will let everyone know, says Verrett.

Ok Sweetie, slow your roll. Racism is racism! I know plenty of racist people who are black and some racist people who are asian. Don't be obtuse, just because your grifter boyfriend is using racism as a shield from warranted criticism and active dislike.

You and he have equated the people who don't like him with racists and the people who do, with non-racists.

I am not a racist and I am not a self-loathing black woman, I think your boyfriend is a conman, grifter, scumbag with a history of abuse, as evidenced by his words, actions and the testimony of people who were his former loved ones.

Star

Thank you.

You don't know how often as a white person you get the thought-terminating-cliche of "You just don't want to hire me/hate/don't want me etc. because I'm black/asian/arabic whatever..."

Back to Martha and Durek, personally I really wish them well (as a couple), but otherwise I hope that they really fly away in some world away universe and preach their shaman-shit there.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:29:10 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2022, 10:05:39 PM »

Martha Louise has been patron and worked with the norwegian epilepsi association. They now say they have ended their work with the princess because the discussions about the princess and Durek Verret became and issue, and they support school/ traditional medisine…

She was the patron atleast in 2014, not sure if she was official patron now as the norwegian patronages lasts for five years. Anyways she has done many events with them trough the years.

ML refused to answer questions about Verret when she attended an official event about guide dogs today. Why they chose to have her first official event in forever in the middle of all the critism that is now I dont understand.

Her brother was also not interested in answering questions about it today, but he has events pretty much every weekday and cant hide from them. Anyways I think the king has said enough for now for the family.

This is a big deal. If patronages start dropping because of Derik that's a problem for the monarchy. There seem to be a lot of alarms being raised about his woowoo comments from rational people, and it seems to be gathering steam. She needs to stop doing official engagements entirely (not that she does that many now) and go live out of the royal spotlight in LaLa Land with her shaman.
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2022, 10:18:47 PM »

For someone who spends an inordinate amount of time flogging her special relationship with her special shaman to the public (posting pictures, posing, doing magazine interviews, and general promotion of that relationship), why suddenly not answer a question? She has made her private life a public spectacle. Of course she will get questions. How disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Her charities will begin to drop her in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2022, 10:36:10 PM »

It seems the epilepsi associaton chose not to apply again when the last 5 years were up for renewal in 2020.

Now more consider doing the same:

From Vg

We definitely have to take it into consideration, because the impression left is that our patron is at odds with what we stand for as a federation.

This is what Bo Gleditsch, secretary general of the Norwegian Rheumatism Association (NRF), says to VG.

The Epilepsy Association confirmed to NRK on Wednesday that the row around Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verett contributed to them ending their collaboration with the princess in 2020.

Gleditsch does not want to go into detail about which of Verett's statements are the reason why they are now considering ending the collaboration, but says that it is about the general attitude towards alternative thinking.

- Not least that it looks like there is a commercial gain in it, he says and adds,

- This means that we do not think it is in line with our values.

Both actively renouncing the patronage and not applying again are up for consideration, according to Gleditsch.

He says this basically has to be decided by the national assembly, which is not until next autumn.

- It is possible that you will be authorized to take action before that, but basically this is a democratic decision and then we have to use time to help, he says.

Gleditsch emphasizes that it was the organization itself that asked for the patronage, but that it is natural to make a new assessment now.

- After all, it is what we have asked for the patronage so we will not throw stones in glass houses, but the situation is different now than then.

The Association for Muscular Dystrophy confirms to Dagbladet that they are also considering doing the same.

- Some of Durek Verret's statements are unsustainable, says manager Patricia Melson to the newspaper.

Not everyone feels the same:

The princess is also patron of these associations:

The association for muscular dystrophy
The Hearing Impaired National Association
The Norwegian Association of the Blind
Norwegian Association of the Deaf
Norwegian Rheumatic Association
Knight race
The Vivil Games

Secretary General Petter Noddeland of the Norwegian Association of the Deaf tells VG that it is out of the question to drop the princess:

- Märtha Louise has been the highest patron of the Norwegian Association of the Deaf for approximately 20 years and we are proud of her role in the association. Recently, the national assembly decided to continue with the protection, so we do not intend to drop the protection role. We have not experienced unrest associated with Durek Verrett.

On Wednesday, Princess Märtha Louise visited blind and partially sighted people undergoing rehabilitation at the Hurdal vision and coping center, where she met, among other things, Blindeforbundet's leader Atle Lunde.

The Association for the Blind also tells VG that they still want her as their patron. The Hearing Impaired National Association says they have not made any such assessments.

The Knight Race will also have Princess Märtha Louise as its protector.

- We are very happy and grateful for the work the princess has done for Riderrennet through her patronage since 2011, writes general secretary Anne-Kristin Wadahl in a text message to VG.

Vivil toys: Only positive and nice experiences
The general manager of Vivil Idrettslag, David Støre, informs VG that they extended the patronage with Princess Märtha Louise in 2020. It lasts until 31 December 2025.

- We are very satisfied with the work she has done for us as ambassador and royal protector.

The Vivil Games are a sporting event for the developmentally disabled. According to Støre, Princess Märtha Louise has been patron of the Vivil Games since the early 90s.

- She is clever, she does her job well and is concerned about the target group we work for. We have only had positive and nice experiences with it, and cannot see that it is so relevant who she chooses to live with it.
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2022, 12:05:58 AM »

Some patronages may take the we-will-keep-her-for-now stand, and then may reconsider in the future. Their prerogative.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2022, 07:52:51 AM »

Well who knows they may reconsider when The Sham Man declares people who are blind have done something awful in a past life but don’t worry he can sell you an amulet to make you see again.

Personally I’d be disassociating with both of them as much as possible but I guess some charities won’t want to rock the royal boat by dropping a royal for whatever reason.
loveofenglishtradition

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »

New press release of one of her patronages

https://ffm.no/2022/09/09/pressemelding-fra-ffm-3/
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2022, 04:09:55 PM »

New press release of one of her patronages

https://ffm.no/2022/09/09/pressemelding-fra-ffm-3/

I can't find a translate button on the page; would you mind telling me if they are standing by her or releasing her?

Also, do we have a date or even a timeline for when the actual wedding will be?
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2022, 05:16:57 PM »

google translation reads:

The association for muscular dystrophy breaks off its collaboration with Princess Märtha Louise.

"The princess has always taken her responsibility as protector seriously and shown genuine interest in what we are working on, but more and more members are reacting to Durek Verret's speculative outbursts about her own form of alternative medicine and abilities as a shaman. For FFM as a representative of a number of very rare neuromuscular diseases with little or no offer of medical treatment, this seems provocative." Says the association's leader Patricia Melsom

The recent media coverage of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett has caused much discussion and unrest in the Muscular Dystrophy Association. As a representative of very rare diagnoses, we are dependent on medical research and development and that we have a relationship of trust with the professional community.

Many of our members are now questioning being a member of an organization that has a royal patron who supports various forms of alternative medicine. Certain members have already renounced their membership because of this matter.

The central board of FFM has therefore taken the difficult decision to end our collaboration with Princess Märtha Louise. We have appreciated the princess's commitment and compassion, and thank you for the cooperation and the good efforts she has made for us over many years.

The association does not wish to give any more comments than what is included in this press release.

Is this a new patronage breaking their links with her or the same one that was mentioned further back?
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2022, 06:17:30 PM »

I think it's a new one, the first to bolt had to do with epilepsy. Drip, drip, drip...
No date set for the wedding AFAIK.
I hate that I had to brace myself to see what the news was in this thread, I was expecting Derik to have posted some word salad about how inspirational QEII was.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2022, 04:16:51 AM »

I think it's a new one, the first to bolt had to do with epilepsy. Drip, drip, drip...
No date set for the wedding AFAIK.
I hate that I had to brace myself to see what the news was in this thread, I was expecting Derik to have posted some word salad about how inspirational QEII was.
[/b]

...give it time... durex is prolly waiting until Lillibet get to the pearly gates to ring her Secret

G Secret

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2022, 11:10:20 AM »

Durek Verret lost his case against Se og Hør in the press complaint comission (PFU) today, he complained that the magazine wrote private health information about his kidney desease, and made it look like he cooperated with the magazine. Se og hør says in their deffense that they have only published what he had already told german magazines, and that he who says he can cure illness must tolerate a bigger scrutiny.

- He seeks out the public with this and makes a living from it. Also above groups that are in a vulnerable situation. There is something that can legitimize the fact that such information can be published. But it is completely borderline, says committee leader Anne Weider Aasen.

- People who seek publicity need a certain amount of protection. If it had been a politician, influencer or athlete who has distinguished himself in a completely different area, then there would have been a conviction. Health information must be protected, said PFU member Gunnar Kagge (from Aftenposten) in the meeting on Wednesday.

- But a person who exposes their health to the extent of a business model has to accept that a critical spotlight is directed and made public when one becomes ill in this way, he continued.

- Se and Hør are inside. But they wouldn't have been if they had done it to any other person, Kagge believed.

Several of the other PFU members express that they think this is a "difficult issue". But they were concerned that Verrett himself ran a commercial business related to health, and that information about his own condition had been in the public domain for quite some time - including on a website for collecting funds for health care, published in 2012, which Se og Hør shows to in his written response to the complaint.

https://www.dagbladet.no/...elt-i-grenseland/77291101
https://www.vg.no/rampely...ek-verretts-helsetilstand

- We are satisfied that PFU found that we had not broken good press practice, we are very proud of that, says Se og Hør editor Ulf André Andersen to VG.

He says he is not surprised to have been successful.

- Basically not. Because, as the committee pointed out, it is legitimate to shine a spotlight on Shaman Durek's state of health, when he has made this his own business model.

The editor says he thinks the committee had a good and fruitful discussion.

- It shows that this is an exceptional case, not something we do normally. We follow the committee's argumentation here.

- What does this mean for Se og Hørs' further coverage of Verrett?

- That we will continue to be critical of his business. We will always follow the royal family closely.
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2022, 11:37:23 AM »

And now, mr shaman, please go away?

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: