Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harald and Sonja news  (Read 202374 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: June 10, 2020, 02:04:59 PM »

Harald is holding on to a piece of furniture in both pictures. I hope he is okay.
Harald is holding on to a piece of furniture in both pictures. I hope he is okay.

It looks like he canít put his full weight on his left leg, but heís looked like that for a while.

Was one of his eyes always a bit closed n the other fully open staring like?

I dont remember if so...

G Smiley

Not always, but certainly the last two years or so.

Harald has been looking frail for a long time actually.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »

It makes me sad, also, that Hakoon is nowhere to be seen. It is debatable if MM is not able to work because of illness or of convenience but Hakoon should be there. Is is clear that Harald is approaching his last few years as a king and he should be reassured that Hakoon is there, ready to step in. That does not seem to happen, either.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2020, 05:25:32 PM »

It makes me sad, also, that Hakoon is nowhere to be seen. It is debatable if MM is not able to work because of illness or of convenience but Hakoon should be there. Is is clear that Harald is approaching his last few years as a king and he should be reassured that Hakoon is there, ready to step in. That does not seem to happen, either.

Haakon may not be as lazy as Fred, but he could do much more and could be much more visible than he is. Harald is looking very elderly and while I admire his commitment, now's a good opportunity for his son and heir to ramp up the work rate

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2020, 05:38:35 PM »

Some help from Martha Louise wouldn't hurt either. Should the king pass away suddenly, Hackon is going to need help, because the crown princess is sick ( and lazy) and Ingrid needs time to finish her studies and prepare for her future role.
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

Thank you Principessa for the meme suggestion :)

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »

Harald presented the Guard's Watch and Brigadier Leif Schanche's Honour to this year's recipients in His Majesty The King's Guard

(Totally OT, but what a beautiful piece of furniture that desk is.) 

It's very concerning that the King should have to hold onto furniture for the brief time it takes for a photo ...

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »

Haakon is definitely not lazy, he has events almost every day. We don't always get photos but when you check the royal calendar he is working pretty much on a daily basis and often have joint engagements with Harald. IMO, he has stepped up a lot the last couple of years and seems fully prepared to take over after his father now. It's a shame he won't have any help from his wife or sister though.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »

Harald received the new ambassadors of Iran and Sri Lanka

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: August 21, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »

Sonja attended the opening season of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: September 11, 2020, 11:41:13 AM »

https://www.kongehuset.no...?tid=184873&sek=26939

Harald met with a group of children from Blue Cross Norway. They talked about school, and everyday life during COVID-19.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: September 11, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »

It is very admirable that the king is still working as much as he does, but somewhere in not so far future things will have to change. As Sonia is getting on in years as well and MM clearly can't/ won't do any more than she does now, ML is busy chasing shamanes around the world and IA deserves a happy early adulthood before thrown in Hakoon better comes up with a different work ethic or a different concept.
Queenís Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »

I sometimes wonder if the elders simply donít want to hand over the reins.  Theyíre used to being in control; itís what they know.  I donít think they really consider retirement since they have pretty good lives with little work compared to the rest of us. 
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: September 11, 2020, 01:09:26 PM »

I sometimes wonder if the elders simply donít want to hand over the reins.  Theyíre used to being in control; itís what they know.  I donít think they really consider retirement since they have pretty good lives with little work compared to the rest of us. 

I think in a hierachical system like a monarchy it is hard because you are basically "downgraded" afterwards and missing out on the big events.
Plus: I honestly think that Harald and Sonia are way more talented as royal couple than Hakoon and MM. It would be rather painful to watch them ... so maybe he wants to spare himself that experience.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: September 25, 2020, 10:22:39 AM »

Harald has been admitted in the hospital, after become ill at home. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Haakon is taking over his father duties. He will be regent for 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:29:34 AM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2020, 10:52:56 AM »

Wishing him a quick recovery. Hoping it's not too serious.  Sad

kathl29

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: September 25, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »

I hope this is not too serious but Harald has been looking increasingly frail over the last year.

Harald is such a good King and a great man that it is not good to hear of him being unwell.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: