Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harald and Sonja news  (Read 291960 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: December 20, 2021, 07:52:45 AM »

King Harald sent the following message after the Norwegian handball women became world champions in Spain last night:

Jeg sender mine hjerteligste gratulasjoner med gullmedalje og som verdensmestre i håndball etter en forrykende 2. omgang mot Frankrike i Granollers!

Harald R

I send my warmest greetings with the gold medal and as world champions in handball after a stunning 2 half against France in Granollers!
Harald R

I was really surprised to see a cram packed stadion, even with masks on...the rules are so different across Europe right now Thinking
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: December 24, 2021, 04:45:30 AM »

so good to see you, Larzen  Hug Star

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: January 01, 2022, 11:08:14 AM »

Harald's New Year's speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUIKxZGk2AQ
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: January 01, 2022, 10:53:55 PM »

I just listend to the King's speech. It Norwegian sounded very similar to Danish to my (ignorant) ears.

Are the two langauges related and mutually understood? If I spoke danish and you spoke norwegian can we have a conversation but our prouncations are different?

Facinated by this Yes

thx.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: January 02, 2022, 02:07:16 AM »

I'm no expert so I'd go of what some of the Danish or Norwegian posters say but my understanding from Scandinavian friends of mine is they are very close languages so if you understand one you will understand the majority if not all of the other but there are differences in pronunciation hence why it sounds different. As I understand it Danish and Norwegian are closer to each other and Swedish is a bit more different again.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: January 02, 2022, 11:16:34 PM »

I'm no expert so I'd go of what some of the Danish or Norwegian posters say but my understanding from Scandinavian friends of mine is they are very close languages so if you understand one you will understand the majority if not all of the other but there are differences in pronunciation hence why it sounds different. As I understand it Danish and Norwegian are closer to each other and Swedish is a bit more different again.

thx ralf Hug  Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: January 02, 2022, 11:25:29 PM »

My understanding is that Norwegians can easily read Danish since one of the two official languages -- Bokmal -- is actually based on Danish. However my family in Norway always complain about Danish pronunciation, saying the Danes speak ``in the front of their mouths,'' whatever that means. The other official language -- Nynorsk -- has its roots in old Norse.

Norwegians, again, according to family members, can read Swedish with a bit more difficulty, but can more easily understand spoken Swedish than spoken Danish as the sounds of spoken Swedish are relatively familiar.

Of course none of this takes into consideration the zillions of extant Norwegian dialects. My family is from Selbu and its dialect is Selbyg. (I may be spelling this wrong. It could be Selbygge). Anyway, for example, you might say ``lefse'' for one of the traditional foods, but in Selbu, it's pronounced ``lampsa.'' And my grandmother's name of Ingeborg is pronounced more as if it were spelled ``Eeenabore.''

Before TV and before the national highway system that connected remote villages and before the Hurtigruten (the coastal steamer that travels daily between Bergen and Kirkenes) the dialect differences were far more pronouced. TV is, I suspect, a great leveler.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: January 03, 2022, 11:16:03 PM »

My understanding is that Norwegians can easily read Danish since one of the two official languages -- Bokmal -- is actually based on Danish. However my family in Norway always complain about Danish pronunciation, saying the Danes speak ``in the front of their mouths,'' whatever that means. The other official language -- Nynorsk -- has its roots in old Norse.

Norwegians, again, according to family members, can read Swedish with a bit more difficulty, but can more easily understand spoken Swedish than spoken Danish as the sounds of spoken Swedish are relatively familiar.

Of course none of this takes into consideration the zillions of extant Norwegian dialects. My family is from Selbu and its dialect is Selbyg. (I may be spelling this wrong. It could be Selbygge). Anyway, for example, you might say ``lefse'' for one of the traditional foods, but in Selbu, it's pronounced ``lampsa.'' And my grandmother's name of Ingeborg is pronounced more as if it were spelled ``Eeenabore.''

Before TV and before the national highway system that connected remote villages and before the Hurtigruten (the coastal steamer that travels daily between Bergen and Kirkenes) the dialect differences were far more pronouced. TV is, I suspect, a great leveler.

Thank you for this  Thumb up Star

G Smiley

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: January 05, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »

‘Harald & Sonja’ film wins funding
The long-supressed romance between Norway’s King Harald and Queen Sonja, and their nine-year battle to finally be allowed to marry, is now set to be the subject of a full-length feature film. The film, titled Harald & Sonja, has won NOK 12 million in financial support from the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI), and may become Norway’s version of the popular British series The Crown.

“The story of how then-Crown Prince Harald found and had to fight for Sonja Haraldsen isn’t just an important part of Norwegian history,” said NFI director Kjersti Mo, “it’s also an incredible love story that will touch both those who remember the story from their youth and those who hear it for the first time.”

Mo noted how the royal drama has never been shown on film, but “has the potential to draw in the public in the same way that Margrete den første, Spencer and The Crown have done.” That’s why the panel that evaluates proposed films’ appeal for its marketing program “clearly has great faith the cinema public wants this film,” Mo said.

https://www.newsinenglish...-sonja-film-wins-funding/
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: January 17, 2022, 08:30:59 AM »

King Harald receives Morocco's Ambassador to Norway

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: January 17, 2022, 10:40:17 AM »

King Harald receives Morocco's Ambassador to Norway

I love the clothes the ladies wear.... so very stylish
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »

Sonja attended the opening of the Gloger Festival in Kongsberg Church

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: January 27, 2022, 07:36:50 PM »

! NEW !

Norway’s Foreign Minister Anniken Huitfeldt tested positive for the coronavirus just hours after she was in an audience with King Harald, Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon today.

The Royal Court confirms that the royals will now be tested.
https://twitter.com/OAanm.../1486768720940830729?s=20
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: January 28, 2022, 12:28:05 PM »

King Harald has cold symptoms and is on sick leave for the next days, he will be tested.
CP Haakon has no symptoms and has tested negative for covid and will lead the council of state.

Huiltfeldt is out in the papers with a statement saying she truely hope she has not given the King covid...
Huiltfelts meeeting witht he finnish president, has also put him in quarantin according to finnish press.

Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: January 29, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »

Queen Sonja tells nrk that the king just has a light cold.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: