Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harald and Sonja news  (Read 177890 times)
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: December 19, 2019, 07:07:48 PM »

Harald is 82. I don't know why it was such a big deal that he took the elevator and did not climb the stairs, imo it should be normal and not such a big deal, for years now.
I'm thinking about his health, because it seems that, in some cases, maintaing a public image/persona could be trully harmful in many ways. I would have never thought about it for a monarch (given they have all the resources in the world to be as healthy as possible) but here it is, it's happening right in front our eyes.
Regarding the whole "abdication" thing, in The Netherlands the royal family has found balance and everyone seems content with it. I wish more royal families could follow this path.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: December 19, 2019, 08:47:22 PM »

Get well soon, Harald!
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: December 19, 2019, 08:52:11 PM »

I hope he’s well soon!

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: December 19, 2019, 09:15:10 PM »

Harald is 82. I don't know why it was such a big deal that he took the elevator and did not climb the stairs, imo it should be normal and not such a big deal, for years now.
I'm thinking about his health, because it seems that, in some cases, maintaing a public image/persona could be trully harmful in many ways. I would have never thought about it for a monarch (given they have all the resources in the world to be as healthy as possible) but here it is, it's happening right in front our eyes.
Regarding the whole "abdication" thing, in The Netherlands the royal family has found balance and everyone seems content with it. I wish more royal families could follow this path.

They could also do it like in Liechtenstein, where the Fürst stayed formerly head of state, but his son is doing the business.

Not sure how prepared Haakon is though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 09:28:43 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: December 19, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »

Haakon spoke to the press: "My father has contracted a small viral infection and is on sick leave for a few days, but we hope he is healthy for Christmas"

https://twitter.com/OAanm...07668389033984002/photo/1
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: December 19, 2019, 09:26:52 PM »

All good wishes to Harald for healing!
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: December 19, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »

Best wishes to King Harald for comfort and a speedy recovery. In addition to everything else, it is no fun to be  sick at Christmas.

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: December 19, 2019, 10:02:54 PM »

They both look so loving and fun. All the best wishes to King Harald.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: December 19, 2019, 10:05:32 PM »

I really like that Norway has things set up so that Harald doesn’t have to do anything but recover when he’s ill.  No work, no nothing.  Haakon can step in and Harald can just rest. 
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: December 19, 2019, 10:36:14 PM »

When one is in their 80s with existing health challenges, there is no 'small virus,' and I'm glad they're letting him rest.

Get well, sir.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2019, 01:01:02 AM »

They could also do it like in Liechtenstein, where the Fürst stayed formerly head of state, but his son is doing the business.

Not sure how prepared Haakon is though.
This is also an alternative but, I get what you say about Haakon. That's why an abdication is ideal, imo, because the former monarch can help a lot the new monarch to take on the role and the duties.

HolgerDanske
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: December 20, 2019, 01:18:13 AM »

Poor Harald has not looked well for a long time IMO, let's hope there are no changes afoot
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: December 20, 2019, 03:19:24 AM »

Hoping for restored good health for His Majesty.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: December 24, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »

Harald is feeling better, and will attend church tomorrow with the rest of the family

https://www.vg.no/nyheter...harald-paa-bedringens-vei
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2020, 07:08:22 PM »

Harald was admitted to the hospital today: https://www.kongehuset.no...tid=175445&sek=112472

His Majesty King Harald was admitted to the Oslo University Hospital today because of dizziness. No serious illness has been found.

The King is expected to be discharged before the weekend.

The King is on sick leave for two weeks. During this period, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon is regent.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: