Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harald and Sonja news  (Read 314110 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: July 04, 2022, 10:41:26 AM »

Queen Sonja is exhibiting in Karlstad, its a private event and not in tehagenda. She talked a litle with NRK
- I have been wearing high-heeled shoes for a week now. And it shows! Queen Sonja laughs. On the high heels she stands firmly in the middle of the large, open space in the gallery Sandgrund in Karlstad, Sweden.

Inside the panoramic windows is Queen Sonja. Just a few days before she turns 85, the pace is high.

- Now I'm a little tired, the queen says with a laugh. - But I'm very happy to be here, she adds.

The simple signature "S" in the bottom right corner of the photos reveals that the artist is the queen herself. In addition to still working full time as Queen of Norway, Queen Sonja has in recent years also devoted more time to her great passion. - The challenge is to get a few days off occasionally. Unfortunately, it will not be as much as I would like. But it's very nice with the days you can concentrate only on that.

The queen looks around the gallery. - To have four or five days with it is worth its weight in gold. To be allowed to let go of everything else and just concentrate on one thing. That's what keeps one going, I think. That you have something to look forward to in that way from time to time. Breathing hole.

The profits from the exhibition go to the Queen Sonja Foundation, the artist scholarship QSPA (Queen Sonja Print Award). Her dream of supporting artists has since the award was established in 2011 grown to the world's largest award for graphic art. Just a few days before she went to the exhibition in Karlstad, colleagues, friends and family gathered for a large-scale pandemic-delayed ten-year celebration of QSPA.

- I think we have come quite far. But we will move on, says Queen Sonja. - And what I hope for QSPA, is that we have made a solid foundation, so it can live on even when I am not here. That it will have an even wider audience and delight even more people, that the graphics are really understood and appreciated and to the delight of as many as possible. 74 years when she made her debut as an artist and exhibited in 2011. She describes art as an invaluable source of joy, inspiration and good health. For her, art has not only been important personally, but also to be able to fulfill the role of queen. - It is the place where you have your own sanctuary. And it means a lot to all people to find the right refuge. So I have been lucky with art - and nature, of course, says Queen Sonja.

Moved grandmother: - Ingrid manages this wonderfully «I hope you always want your own rooms where you can feel completely free, where you can get nourishment, rest and inspiration - as I have throughout my life had it in nature, especially in the mountains , and in art. "

The queen turned to the 18-year-old, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, when she spoke to her granddaughter during the gala dinner at the Palace. Queen Sonja had to learn the art of being a queen herself.
Now she sees a new generation growing up. She is moved when we ask about her who follows.
- It gives an incredible joy and confidence to Ingrid, it is clear. She manages this beautifully, says the queen.
Many photos og her and her art
https://www.nrk.no/norge/...nye-prosjekter-1.16020366

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: July 09, 2022, 09:40:45 PM »

I notice that whenever the queen shows up, the expressions on everyone's face seem to indicate how happy they are to see her. That speaks well for her, I think.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: July 13, 2022, 01:17:35 PM »

Queen Sonja is exhibiting in Karlstad, its a private event and not in tehagenda. She talked a litle with NRK

The simple signature "S" in the bottom right corner of the photos reveals that the artist is the queen herself. In addition to still working full time as Queen of Norway, Queen Sonja has in recent years also devoted more time to her great passion. - The challenge is to get a few days off occasionally. Unfortunately, it will not be as much as I would like. But it's very nice with the days you can concentrate only on that.

The queen looks around the gallery. - To have four or five days with it is worth its weight in gold. To be allowed to let go of everything else and just concentrate on one thing. That's what keeps one going, I think. That you have something to look forward to in that way from time to time. Breathing hole.

The profits from the exhibition go to the Queen Sonja Foundation, the artist scholarship QSPA (Queen Sonja Print Award). Her dream of supporting artists has since the award was established in 2011 grown to the world's largest award for graphic art. Just a few days before she went to the exhibition in Karlstad, colleagues, friends and family gathered for a large-scale pandemic-delayed ten-year celebration of QSPA.

- I think we have come quite far. But we will move on, says Queen Sonja. - 74 years when she made her debut as an artist and exhibited in 2011. She describes art as an invaluable source of joy, inspiration and good health. For her, art has not only been important personally, but also to be able to fulfill the role of queen. - It is the place where you have your own sanctuary. And it means a lot to all people to find the right refuge. So I have been lucky with art - and nature, of course, says Queen Sonja.

Many photos og her and her art
https://www.nrk.no/norge/...nye-prosjekter-1.16020366

Sonja's art looks very interesting.  I would like an in-person look at it.  Not all of it seems to my taste, but she has talent and uses it, which I love.

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: August 01, 2022, 07:52:29 AM »

Photos of King Harald in Geneve where he ended tenth out of 24 boats in the world championsip for 8 meters with his boat and crew in Sira
https://www.nrk.no/urix/k...l-topp-ti-i-vm-1.16052647
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: August 02, 2022, 06:58:17 AM »

Well done to His Majesty!  Champagne
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: August 04, 2022, 09:32:27 AM »

Sporty-Queen of 85!! cyceling, and paddeling in Finnmark on the boarder river to Russia, she met and talket a bit with NRK

https://www.nrk.no/tromso...berg-til-vardo-1.16054545

https://www.nrk.no/tromso...tor-opplevelse-1.16056145

Queen Sonja ended her private holiday along the coast of Finnmark on Wednesday evening. The trip started last week in Lakselv, and ended today in Pasvik.

- I chose to come back to Finnmark out of curiosity, she says.

The queen has also previously chosen to spend her private holiday in Finnmark. This time she has, among other things, cycled, fished and picked cloudberries

She tells about a week with many experiences and impressions.You get a little closer to the soul in Finnmark. It is very exciting to see how people live and how they feel, says the queen.

Paddling along the border
On Wednesday morning, the queen paddled from Nyrud to Noatun in Pasvikelva. The border between Norway and Russia runs in the middle of the river.

- The nature and history in Pasvik are very fascinating. It has been a great experience for me to be here.

- Today you have traveled along a border river to a country that is at war, did you do any reflections when you were on the river?

- The river is a bond that you must have, and you have had it since time immemorial.

Queen Sonja says she was not afraid of ending up on the wrong side of the border.

The Queen has been to Finnmark many times before, and draws from Tamsøya in Porsangerfjorden as a favorite place. The village of Bugøynes in Sør-Varanger also made an impression on the queen. Over 30 years ago, she visited the village, which at the time put itself up for sale.

- So great that they have made it this far. It's a charming place, Sonja said.

When asked why the queen returns to the Finnmark again, she replies as follows:

- You build up a kind of love for a place.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: August 04, 2022, 08:07:34 PM »

I really get what the queen is saying. Although my family comes from Trøndelag, every single time I go to Norway, I have to spend some time up in Finnmark. It's such a magical place, so different from the rest of Norway. Everyone in my family gives me grief: ``why would you want to go way up there? There's nothing to see or do.'' I put it down to their lack of imagination. And oh boy, picking cloudberries! YUM!
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: August 05, 2022, 09:28:56 AM »

King HArald was admitted to Rikshospitalet for investigation of fever yesterday. The condition is stable.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: August 05, 2022, 03:45:10 PM »

I really get what the queen is saying. Although my family comes from Trøndelag, every single time I go to Norway, I have to spend some time up in Finnmark. It's such a magical place, so different from the rest of Norway. Everyone in my family gives me grief: ``why would you want to go way up there? There's nothing to see or do.'' I put it down to their lack of imagination. And oh boy, picking cloudberries! YUM!

My mother's family a few generations back came from Elgsnes in Troms (now essentially what we'd call in the states a ghost town). It's a bucket list visit for me one day. I find it amazing that people lived and farmed above the Arctic Circle - what hardy folks! And so beautiful!

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: August 05, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »

I read he has an infection and is in need of IV antibiotics. Hopefully he’ll be fine.

Oskar Aanmoen 🇳🇴
@OAanmoen

King Harald was recently visited at hospital by his daughter and granddaughter

Princes Märtha Louise and Maud Angelica Behn were present at Rikshospitalet

They were clearly in good spirits when they left the hospital
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: August 05, 2022, 07:54:40 PM »

Let's hope they didn't bring any 'remedies' from the Sham Man.

At least if they look in good spirits it suggests Harald is doing well.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: August 31, 2022, 10:06:58 AM »

Yesterday, Harald and Sonja embarked on their annual county tour. This year they are visiting Møre og Romsdal and the municipalities of Fjord, Sykkylven, Vanylven, Sande and Hareid

Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: August 31, 2022, 12:33:39 PM »

King and queen comments about Durekt during the county trip, they were obiously prepared for the questions and wisely chose to forego the "no-comment and running away tactic used by other royals in similar situations...But it is pretty clear they are not close...

King Harald says;
Now I am so lucky, or unlucky one can say, that I have recently had the experience of being sick. And in this country we have an excellent health system, I can only say that it is very good to have such a health system as we have in Norway. And even Durek Verrett has benefited from our health system, says King Harald.

- And appreciate it, adds Queen Sonja.

The king and queen responded for the first time to the criticism directed at future son-in-law Durek Verrett.

- Big difference between Norway and America
Several have also reacted to Verrett's use of royal titles and terms in reference to himself and the princess in his commercial work.

- I don't think it has fully sunk in yet what we mean, but we are in a process, and this will eventually resolve itself, says King Harald today.

- We are getting to know each other better and better, and we will talk to him, as we do in a family. So it's going to work out. But I don't promise that it will be resolved tomorrow, he says.

- Is it a challenge for the royal house?

- No, it's not really a challenge at all, replies King Harald.

- There is a big difference between being in America and being in Norway, I think, says Queen Sonja, and the king adds:

- It is the culture clash we are now noticing.

Shortly after their engagement, the couple said in a live broadcast on Instagram that they have received both hate and death threats after they got together.

- I think part of the reason why people have a problem with our relationship is, firstly, that they don't want to see a black man in the royal family, said Verrett.

When the royal couple met the press today, they were also asked how they feel that Verrett has been received by the Norwegian people.

- I'm not Durek, so I don't know what he's experienced. But there is no doubt that in nooks and crannies in Norway there are some who do this sort of thing. So he probably notices it, and so do many people who are not ethnically Norwegian in this country, says King Harald.

The medallion statement is not the first time Durek Verrett has attracted attention and criticism.

Also in the past, members of the royal family have had to comment on controversial statements Verrett has made.

Two years ago, the publisher Cappelen Damm stopped a planned publication of Verrett's book "Spirit Hacking" due to ethical considerations.

In the book, Verrett wrote, among other things, that cancer is "self-inflicted" and a result of us no longer wanting to live.

At the time, Crown Prince Haakon was asked what he thought of the book.

- My starting point is that we have quite different approaches to these questions. I had probably started from research into health and the Norwegian healthcare system, said the crown prince.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: August 31, 2022, 07:05:48 PM »

What an artful verbal dance! I certainly don't envy them. But I bet so many people who have had their adult kids date or marry someone wildly unsuitable can relate. See, it happens in the royal family, too!
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: August 31, 2022, 08:06:45 PM »

Sykkelven! I spent Christmas 1986 there. It's a tiny community, lots of furniture making, with Aalesund as the local big city. Gorgeous views and landscape, like everywhere.

The king and queen's answers were entirely proper, honest, and at least answers. British RF, take note!

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: