Sporty-Queen of 85!! cyceling, and paddeling in Finnmark on the boarder river to Russia, she met and talket a bit with NRKhttps://www.nrk.no/tromso...berg-til-vardo-1.16054545https://www.nrk.no/tromso...tor-opplevelse-1.16056145
Queen Sonja ended her private holiday along the coast of Finnmark on Wednesday evening. The trip started last week in Lakselv, and ended today in Pasvik.
- I chose to come back to Finnmark out of curiosity, she says.
The queen has also previously chosen to spend her private holiday in Finnmark. This time she has, among other things, cycled, fished and picked cloudberries
She tells about a week with many experiences and impressions.You get a little closer to the soul in Finnmark. It is very exciting to see how people live and how they feel, says the queen.
Paddling along the border
On Wednesday morning, the queen paddled from Nyrud to Noatun in Pasvikelva. The border between Norway and Russia runs in the middle of the river.
- The nature and history in Pasvik are very fascinating. It has been a great experience for me to be here.
- Today you have traveled along a border river to a country that is at war, did you do any reflections when you were on the river?
- The river is a bond that you must have, and you have had it since time immemorial.
Queen Sonja says she was not afraid of ending up on the wrong side of the border.
The Queen has been to Finnmark many times before, and draws from Tamsøya in Porsangerfjorden as a favorite place. The village of Bugøynes in Sør-Varanger also made an impression on the queen. Over 30 years ago, she visited the village, which at the time put itself up for sale.
- So great that they have made it this far. It's a charming place, Sonja said.
When asked why the queen returns to the Finnmark again, she replies as follows:
- You build up a kind of love for a place.