Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Pets  (Read 13415 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »

The dog is man's best friend - also in the royal chambers. The royals are crazy about dogs!

If there is anything that can make the royal family break out in big smiles, then it is their four-legged friends. In 1970 paws began to run over the polished floors at Amalienborg Palace, when Prince Henry persuaded Queen Margrethe to become a dog owner.

Prince Consort had grown up with animals, so he meant only that it was good for his sons that they learned to take responsibility and respect the animal world. Dachshund Souris became the first Hofhund and since then 10 dogs followed before dachshund Evita became a part of the family in 1998. It got playmates Vega and Helike in 2004 and 2006, and they get all the love and clap rushing tide of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.

The joy of dogs have royal couple passed to Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim, who both immediately bought a dog, as they started families. They say a dog looks like its master. So instead of dachshunds, which they themselves had grown up with, chose the princes some dog breeds that better fits their personality.

While the crown prince's border collie, Ziggy, is just as happy to run and be active as he is, then Joachim's cocker spaniel, Winston, very lively and playful. Prince Consort, by contrast crazy dachshunds that are easy to take along on trips, have a strong personality and loves attention.   

However, it's not only in the Danish royal family that that one hears barking. Also the royal neighbors in Sweden, Norway and England have thrown their love of vovserne. The biggest dog lover must undoubtedly be the Queen Elizabeth, who through his life has had no fewer than 30 dogs. Currently, the 85-year-old Queen is keeping track of seven pets, and because of her advanced age, Queen Elizabeth decided that she did not want more dogs once they die, because she did not even be able to walk with them.

Kate and William: Cocker Spaniel. The four-month-old puppy, Lupo, and especially while Prince William has been on the Falkland Islands have Kate enjoyed the little dog's company.

In 2005 the royal couple to expand the family with border collie Ziggy. It is a very active breed, and therefore fits perfectly into the exercise happy family.

The Swedish royal family is very happy dogs, but in 2010 they had to say goodbye to their best friend for 12 years, the labrador Jambo. Victoria is seen here with the family dog, a few years before it died.

The cute Labradoodle Milly Cocoa is the center of the Norwegian royal family. The dog is a mix of a Labrador and a poodle, and it was a new member of the family in 2009.

Prinsesse Marie elsker sin loyale Apple, som er en Bichon Frisť.

In 2007, Princess Marie's little Apple a playmate in the form of the sweet cockerspanil Winston. Here is a young prince Felix, which airs the little puppy.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's four-legged friends are masters at getting their owners to smile. Here the queen tries to keep up with the two smooth-haired dachshunds Evita and Helike.

Dog lover number one in the royal circles must be the Queen Elizabeth. She owns no fewer than seven dogs: four corgis named Linnet, Monty, Willow and Holly, and three dorgier named Cider, Candy and Vulcan. The latter race is a cross between a corgi and a dachshund.

The two dachshunds Evita, Vega and Helike joined the royal family in 1998, 2004 and 2006. They follow their owner almost anywhere and is a great joy for the royal couple.

After Prince Carl Philip left home, he purchased the Gila Rottweiler. Also his sister, Princess Madeleine, have a dog. The re Jack Rossel-terrier Zorro, which here becomes aerated with Gila.

Princes Felix and Nikolai were thrilled when they last summer got a new playmate. Countess Alexandra decided namely to meet his two sons' great desire to have a dog and came home with a black French bulldog named Lily.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »

Beautiful dogs 

katerzzz

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »

Nice doggies, but is there ANYTHING to do with royals that BB doesn't report on, I wonder?  Thinking
episcogal

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

Queen Beatrix and Prins Claus had a long string of pups, and I believe she has one now. I also read that Wilhelmina bred her Samoyed bitch two times in her later years.
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »

Nice doggies, but is there ANYTHING to do with royals that BB doesn't report on, I wonder?  Thinking

Well, we've yet to see an article describing their potty habits.  But it could be under development as we speak.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »

I want a French bulldog so bad! Lilly is adorable. 

Princes Felix and Nikolai were thrilled when they last summer got a new playmate. Countess Alexandra decided namely to meet his two sons' great desire to have a dog and came home with a black French bulldog named Lily.

Nappes_911

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Nappe's 911

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »

Queen Beatrix and Prins Claus had a long string of pups, and I believe she has one now.

She has two border terriers, Chip and Mac.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »

Princess Iman (King Hussein's daughter) had some big cats (tiger I think) when she was growing up.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »

Seems to me Prince Laurent of Belgium has got only a few (true) friends Ė the doggies of His Chesty Highness...  Doggy Correct me if Iím wrong...  Blush

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »

I want a French bulldog so bad! Lilly is adorable. 

Snow Queen, once again you beat me to it! I love French bulldogs and I have wanted one forever...Lily is adorable!!  Tongue
Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 03:40:26 AM »

Kate and William: Cocker Spaniel. The four-month-old puppy, Lupo, and especially while Prince William has been on the Falkland Islands have Kate enjoyed the little dog's company.

In 2007, Princess Marie's little Apple a playmate in the form of the sweet cockerspanil Winston. Here is a young prince Felix, which airs the little puppy.

Are there several 'types' of cocker spaniels? Apple has a pudgy nose while Lupo has a longer, narrower nose. In fact, except for the curly ears he looks more like a Labrador than a cocker spaniel.

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 03:52:07 AM »

Apple is not the Cocker Spaniel, Hannish.  She is a white Bichon Frise.  
Her friend Winston is the Cocker Spaniel.  Winston looks fairly typical. Very cute.  Dog
Lupo, I think, is a Cocker Spaniel crossed with a Labrador. (Spanador)

There are types of dogs quite related to the Cocker Spaniel.
I can think of the King Charles Spaniel, for example.
Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »

Oops, I meant Winston!

This is the first time I've heard of a Spanador. Thanks for the info Cloaked!

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Nathalie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03:31 PM »

I love Ziggy, so beautiful. That dog has to be the best member of the Denmark Royal Family
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »

Lilibet's dogs, the corgis, are no suitable dogs for a top lady to keep.  Corgis are farmers' dogs and they are very sharp and they bite people which is not diplomatic.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: