Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal wedding speeches  (Read 13119 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »

Does anybody have any of the speeches for other Royals besides Fred, I've only ever read his and Felipe's?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »

Haakon's speech courtesy of Lena

Your Majesties,
Your Royal Highnesses,
President of the Storting,
Dear Mette-Marit,

Now we’re here. Now we’re together.

I would like to thank you, Father, Marit and the President of the Storting for your inspiring words.

Dear Marit, Sven, Espen, Per and Kristin. It has been a great pleasure getting to know you and your families. I felt welcome from the very start. And although it’s not always easy to be related to the woman who is to marry the Crown Prince, you have never let this get in the way of our friendship. I always enjoy visiting you in Kristiansand, at the family parties at Høyvoll, or at Aunt Sidsel and Uncle Ivar’s. I feel I’ve got to know you well in the relatively short time we’ve been together, and I’m happy that I can now call you my family.

Dear Mother and Father, dear Märtha, you have always been a fantastic support for me, and now also for Mette-Marit. We’ve spent many long evenings talking and discussing over the last year. This has taught me a lot and given me a good feeling. Although it has been tough at times, I feel that it has helped us grow. You are all strong, tolerant people with a great capacity for love. The way you have accepted Mette-Marit and Marius has been wonderful. Thank you for all your support and care.

I would also like to thank Lord Chamberlain Lars Petter Forberg, Private Secretary Berit Tversland, Head of Information Wenche Rasch, and the entire staff of the Palace. Thank you for your tireless efforts and dedication. You have all been of invaluable assistance to us.

My heartfelt thanks also go to all those throughout the country who have supported us in their thoughts and prayers, with handshakes, letters and good wishes. This has warmed and brightened our days.

Dear Mette-Marit,
Your soul glows with light.

Living, that means loving
The loftiest part of your soul;
Living, that means striving
To achieve the most worthy goal.

This is what is essential. Everything we do with love comes alive. If loving is combined with striving, each of us can achieve “the most worthy goal”. Mette-Marit, you are sensitive, easy to please, detail-oriented, sometimes a bit apathetic, intensely committed, highly strung, courageous, inscrutable. You can be defensive – or resolute. You have a good sense of humour and a big and warm heart. In other words you are an absolutely fantastic, complex person.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry with anyone as with you.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so weak or so strong as when I’ve been together with you.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so filled with love as when I am together with you.

You bring out everything that is in me. When we communicate I feel like a whole person. Thank you for giving me this feeling.

Today you are no longer only my friend, my girlfriend and my fiancée. Today we have been married, and you have become Norway’s Crown Princess. I am looking forward to taking up our tasks side by side with you, and together with Marius. I cannot promise that it will be easy or that there will be no problems, but it will be interesting and meaningful.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live together with Marius. This is a gift in itself.

Thank you for your love and for everything you’ve done, Mette-Marit. I’m proud to call myself your husband.

For now we’re here. Now we’re together.

Mette-Marit, I love you.

And now I would like to propose a toast to the bride.

Taken from the press release by the Royal Court.
http://www.christinesroya...emarit/haakon_speech.html

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 03:15:15 PM »

Haakon's speech is very moving, I particularl like the part where he addresses Marius as a "gift", a very sweet gesture imo.
I alos like that he seems to acknowledge M-M's flaws eg. describing her as apathetic (something that fits in with my own opinions of her). Similarly it's interesting that he acknowledged the future and the trials and tribulations it may bring, "I cannot promise that it will be easy or that there will be no problems, but it will be interesting and meaningful. "

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 03:24:50 PM by Little_star » Logged

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 03:20:51 PM »

Haakon's speech is very moving, I particularl like the part where he addresses Marius as a "gift", a very sweet gesture imo.
I alos like that he seems to acknowledge M-M's flaws eg. describing her as pathetic (something that fitys in with my own opinions of her). Similarly it's interesting that he acknowledged the future and the trials and tribulations it may bring, "I cannot promise that it will be easy or that there will be no problems, but it will be interesting and meaningful. "

He didn't describe M-M as pathetic at all. 
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »

I meant to say "apathetic". Just corrected it!

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »

I meant to say "apathetic". Just corrected it!

Well, I agree with that assessment of her too.  I think it was nice that Haakon included it in his speech.  Not that it's nice to call someone apathetic but it is great that he realizes certain things about M-M, he accepts them and loves her enough to build a future with her.  There are no rose colored glasses perched on his nose.
Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »

Here's Frederik's speech to Mary (I thought I post it again, taken from TRF):

Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, My Dear New Family

Dear John,

What a privilege, what a thrill, what an extraordinary feeling of happiness you have created in me. One might say that Mary also belongs to you - but as of today:

she belongs to me - and I belong to her.

But there is much more to that sentence than just words.

It signifies the end of a period of freedom, of trial and error, where accountability was up to me alone. The sentence also has another side which is only just beginning. To me it means responsibility, trust and sharing.

By allowing me to take Mary’s hand and lead her onwards in a new life for better and for worse, you have shown me that you trust me to be capable and responsible in that act throughout life - it’s called love. For that I am very grateful to you.

I love her and I will protect her with all my heart. I will do my best to make her feel confident and at home in her new country.

Dear Mary,

In the year 2000 in Sydney, 5 Olympic rings were united for the 25th time. Australia at that time was an unknown and undiscovered continent for me – symbolised aptly by the fifth and lowest Olympic ring. I found myself in an unknown country amongst happy, festive foreigners. My only luggage at that time was my high expectations of my visit, and a certain degree of confidence.

Almost 200 years earlier another Dane, called Jørgen Jürgensen, arrived under completely different circumstances, but with just as high hopes and just as much confidence. He left Sydney quite soon after and sailed to Tasmania – your own country – one of the states of Australia. Here he managed to create a reputation for himself which ultimately led to his death.

I had only been in Australia two days before our fates were sealed, even though neither of us was aware of it. But your radiance shone clearly for me from our very first meeting. Since then I have been blinded and totally dependent on it.

Until that moment in my life, I had been striving to achieve greater independence, without limiting any of my freedom. My opportunities were plentiful, and my world was often lonely.

But both were continually strengthened in time and in space because my curiosity and positive faith in the definitive, the ultimate, drove me onwards.

Then you walked into my world, and already much has happened. Now, there are two worlds – possibly even more - which from now on we will explore together, side by side. In light and darkness, in summer, autumn, winter and spring – always.

The joy and strength you give me is like the sun in the daytime which, with its radiance, melts all doubts and darkness on earth. And like the moon at night, you shine with a watchful and delicate beam of gentleness, which extinguishes the mischief and deceit used by the symbols of darkness.

I often like to compare the dawn’s light on a new day with the rebirth of the untouched, the inexperienced, and the innocent. A little naive perhaps - but nevertheless it is wonderful to pretend that everything begins anew. A new world is born again with the light of a new day.

This moment is “us” - the two of us – newly together, young together, innocent together, in love together – simply “together”.

You give me security, joy and happiness.

I am almost bubbling over with curiosity as to what the near and distant future has in store for us - and it is you who must answer.

But I will try to control myself, for two questions have already been answered with a simple “Yes” from us both. It is an answer which will hold good for us always. And if we need light in our search for answers, all we need to do is to lift our eyes and look towards heaven. There lies eternity, which can always show us the way back to the path which sometimes we lose.

I love you Mary. Come, let us go! Come, let us see!

Throughout a thousand worlds, weightless love awaits.

Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses,

May I ask you all to rise, and join me in drinking a toast to my bride.
sunnny

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »

Hester / Cece, didn't one of you identify earlier that a large part of Freddles speech to his lovely bride was plagarsied ?

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 02:42:24 PM »

Why, did anybody for a second believe that he wrote that in a minute of never seen before or after genius?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
patricia07

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »

No, alcohol psychosis doesn't bring about this kind of erudition. 
malija

Medium Member

so in love

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »

Compared to Haakons speech Freds sound cold like ice Thinking
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »

Compared to Haakons speech Freds sound cold like ice Thinking
Wait til you'l read Felipe's 

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 10:35:35 PM »

I don't think I've ever been so angry with anyone as with you.
I don't think I've ever been so weak or so strong as when I’ve been together with you.
I don't think I've ever been so filled with love as when I am together with you.

You bring out everything that is in me. When we communicate I feel like a whole person. Thank you for giving me this feeling.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live together with Marius. This is a gift in itself.

Thank you for your love and for everything you’ve done, Mette-Marit. I’m proud to call myself your husband.

For now we're here. Now we're together.

Mette-Marit, I love you.

This is sooo lovely. Especially the part with I don't think I've ever been so angry with anyone as with you. Angel

Unfortunately I just have a few sentences of Claus's wedding speech:

BCweddingClausspeech.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dear Trix. I want to thank you for the love which makes me happy. Nobody would be more touched by your smile than I'm touched. You let me see that after these smile there is a loving heart dissembled which cares for the problems of the people you meet. I face with gladness the wonderful and ambitious duty which we abut on our collective shoulder from now one. Blush

I hope my translation is not that bad.

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:50 PM »

Haakon's speech was very personal, Frederik's was very idealized, it reflects their relationships is my opinion, Haakon with ups and downs really knowing who Mette-Marit was, and Frederik more in love with idealized Mary, the sun and moon.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »

Or maybe it was because Haakon wrote the speech himself, knowing why and what he loved most about Mette and what made their relationship special, while Frederic had someone write the speech for him. That ghostwriter didn't know mary at all and wrote some romantic kitsch about flowers and moon and stars and sun etc...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: