Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal wedding speeches  (Read 12991 times)
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »

Hakkon was mature and intelligent
I also liked that he wasn't trying to "sell" her to the public

Fred advisors were fueling the fairy tale  Curtsey
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:57:54 PM by hanzo1 » Logged

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 09:06:59 AM »

Compared to Haakons speech Freds sound cold like ice Thinking
Wait til you'l read Felipe's 

Felipe's speech was not cold, just more serious, a reflection of his personality. He married the woman he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with, he clearly knew that marriage was about daily life, work, complicity, mutual respect, compliment, sharing, most importantly growing together as a couple.  It's very sweet of him to embrace her family as his own.

A few segments:

I am a happy man. And I am certain that this is because I have the feeling of seeing and taking part in a dream come true: I have married the woman I love. To combine reason with the strength of love and feeling has always been one of my goals in life. That is why today we are celebrating that Letizia and I are uniting our lives in a communion of love, reponsibility, work, respect and mutual giving. Our union will last forever, and we offer it to our families and above all to our destiny,

Letizia: little more than a year ago we took the first steps that, with love and serenity, have brought us here. It is not a long time, it is not too short a time, but enough to have discovered mutually, sincerely and transparently, that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Day by day our knowledge of each other and our mutual respect, our complicity and the way we complement each other, have grown and bolstered what has so strongly led us together and to marriage. It is also very important - and you have told me many times - that we find in each other the peace necessary to reflect, enjoy, and share eveything that makes us grow as persons, that makes us proud and helps ut withstand the intensity of our lives. And it is even more important because it must be the foundation of family harmony and happiness. I have no doubts that we will achieve this.

Today I have acquired two more parents and two more sisters, and four grandparents

CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »

Part of Fred's speech was taken from a well known Danish song.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 09:40:10 AM »

Compared to Haakons speech Freds sound cold like ice Thinking
Wait til you'l read Felipe's 

Felipe's speech was not cold, just more serious, a reflection of his personality. He married the woman he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with, he clearly knew that marriage was about daily life, work, complicity, mutual respect, compliment, sharing, most importantly growing together as a couple.  It's very sweet of him to embrace her family as his own.

A few segments:

I am a happy man. And I am certain that this is because I have the feeling of seeing and taking part in a dream come true: I have married the woman I love. To combine reason with the strength of love and feeling has always been one of my goals in life. That is why today we are celebrating that Letizia and I are uniting our lives in a communion of love, reponsibility, work, respect and mutual giving. Our union will last forever, and we offer it to our families and above all to our destiny,

Letizia: little more than a year ago we took the first steps that, with love and serenity, have brought us here. It is not a long time, it is not too short a time, but enough to have discovered mutually, sincerely and transparently, that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Day by day our knowledge of each other and our mutual respect, our complicity and the way we complement each other, have grown and bolstered what has so strongly led us together and to marriage. It is also very important - and you have told me many times - that we find in each other the peace necessary to reflect, enjoy, and share eveything that makes us grow as persons, that makes us proud and helps ut withstand the intensity of our lives. And it is even more important because it must be the foundation of family harmony and happiness. I have no doubts that we will achieve this.

Today I have acquired two more parents and two more sisters, and four grandparents

I liked It and yet I feel something is missing 

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »

I think Haakon's is the best for explaining why he really loves MM. Neither Fred nor Felipe really convey any sense of what their new wife is actually like.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 11:42:23 AM »

I liked Haakons best too, it was absolutely romantic and beautiful, without being kitschy.
Felipes was as romantic as the homage to a politician after a treaty signing and Frederic's was so bad, not even he cried.
Has anyone a sample of WA or Philippe?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

Alas, the wedding speech of Wilem-Alexander was never released by the court as it was considered private.

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »

Oh for heavens it was the wedding speech held in front of 800 guests, what is less private?
We haven't asked for what was said at the proposal or at the end of the honeymoon night Blush

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
malija

Medium Member

so in love

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 05:13:03 AM »

Oh for heavens it was the wedding speech held in front of 800 guests, what is less private?
We haven't asked for what was said at the proposal or at the end of the honeymoon night Blush

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce

would have been also interessting though Confused

no doubt Haakons is the best Thumb up
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »

Has anyone got a copy of Joachim's speech to alex?
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 11:17:59 PM »

This wedding speech of Cpss Margaret and Count Hennry de Laborde de Monpezath

Before the start of the banquet it was time for the speeches, both by HM The King and HRH Prince Henrik, the bridegroom. His Majesty’s Speech was as follows:

“My little daughter, here is another segment of your life coming to an end. As I was watching, a couple of days ago, the movies of your life, I thought that there had not been a so long time since, basically, I still helped your mother to change the baby that you were.”

He went on talking directly to his son-in-law:
“My dear Henrik, we have known each other for a relatively short time, but this short time has been enough to gain each other’s trust. We assure you, the Queen and I, that we will do our best to be your Danish parents. We will do as such that, in all matters, you will feel at ease in your new family and in your new country.”

And the King finished his short but heartfelt speech by giving his blessing to the couple.
It was then Prince Henrik’s time to do his first official speech as Prince of Denmark. He began by telling a bit of his own story:

“Once upon a time there was a French young man, living in his home in France, with his caring parents and a bunch of brothers and sisters. The World was then very different from today. Destiny took me to the East, to the sun and moon of the fairytales that would later shine on my own life. (…) Duty and affection have always been on the order of my life; as such, I want to express my thanks to my parents, for all those happy memories.
“In Denmark, I have found my second home. To change country and nationality is not done simply with a signature, my new homeland must also be my real home. I thank the parents of my wife for the affection they have accorded me with from the very first day. The deep humane comprehension of the King and the Queen has meant a lot to me. From the bottom of my heart I thank them for having conceded me Margrethe. My thanks goes also out to my sisters-in-law and all the members of the Royal Family, the Danish Government, the Members of Parliament and the Danish people, that has received and welcomed me so warmly in their country.

The Prince went on with remarks and promises on what his studies of Danish and Danish history and culture were concerned, underlining the beauty of his new country. He was coming from a country of flowers to yet another flowered garden. But his “Marguerite” was the most beautiful flower of this garden:

“Margrethe, the deepest gratitude I owe to you and my warmest thanks will go to you: for your charming character and your profound qualities, for your help in everything, for everything you are. To be your husband and help you in your position will be my greatest pleasure and will fulfil my life. I hope, with the help of my wife, to rapidly know my new country and its inhabitants, become Danish not only by effect of the law and through a name, but integrally, in my soul and in my heart. I promise to remain loyal to and faithful to Denmark and to the Danish people, to the King and Queen, the customs and traditions. I promise to work for the good of Denmark and everything Danish.”

The Prince’s words received a very warm applause from the royal guests.

http://www.angelfire.com/...denmark/wedding19673.html

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »

I thought that Mary's father gave a nice speech especially about the Vikings trying to evade Scotland. But am I the only person here that hates speeches, no matter whose wedding?
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 10:10:12 PM »

I thought that Mary's father gave a nice speech especially about the Vikings trying to evade Scotland. But am I the only person here that hates speeches, no matter whose wedding?

Can't stand them! Never go to a Danish wedding. At the non-royal ones, every one and their mother (quite literally!) gives a speech during dinner and it takes normally about 6 hours until you can get up and dance. The only stipulation is that the couple have to dance the wedding waltz before midnight or it's badluck, so that usually keeps the toastmaster honest, who in turn keeps rambling guests in check.

Haakon's speech brought tears to my eyes. Fred's speech just sucked and Felipe's was a little cold, but to be fair, we only read excerpts so maybe the rest of the speech together with those pieces was better overall??
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »

Haakon's speech brought tears to my eyes. Fred's speech just sucked and Felipe's was a little cold, but to be fair, we only read excerpts so maybe the rest of the speech together with those pieces was better overall??
LOL, that what I call "grasping at straws"
Your attempt to save Freddles is so nice really, but seriously who can even imagine that his speech was more than : " aah sportif"

Mary's life motto:
yyzdxb

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 06:17:54 AM »

Whie I was trying to poke around and find more info about Martha Louise and Ari , I found Ari's wedding speech to Martha,
So folks here you go

We met in our dreams when we were little. Let us continue to meet in our dreams. So the moments we meet, will be double in length.

Thank you King Harald. Thanks for those good and warm words that were given us like a lunch-packet with strength and food for Martha and me on the walk ahead.

First of all, let me start by thanking you for being the world?s best parents. Cause such a daughter like M䲴ha I never have met before. Yes it?s obvious whom she is related to. You are two unique persons. And now I don?t think of the roles as our country?s dear royal couple. I am thinking of this unique strength of heart and goodness, which you possess.

I thank you for meeting me with trust from the first moment and a kindness, which has touched me deeply. Thanks for taking the time to get to know me. It has given me the security when I needed it mostly. To fall in love with a princess is one thing. But to receive her yes, makes it like whole the nation reads the music as if it was a melody sung for open doors.

As coming parents-in-law you took care of me warmly when I felt I was stumbling and losing foothold. I have become fond of you both and I am looking forward to spent more time together in the years to come. I also thank you so much for this enormous party you have made for us.

Dear Mette-Marit and Haakon,

You both shine of joint knowledge and energy. Thanks for those good advices and the care you gave me at the moment it became clear for the nearest that M䲴ha and I wished to join our lives. Talks with both of you have given me special experience, and I thank you for meeting me with insight and gladness. I however have to admit that there was not too much joy from my side when finding the Crownprince smashed me completely during a ski trip in the mountains. But I can tell you all that this gave me a final insight. First man at the top, this is a very good exercise with untrained brothers-in-law. Thanks for this run, dear Haakon. It learned me that you are made of the same material as your sister, which gives a guarantee for coming Eastern-holidays and coming tides. An old hero has preached that marriage is like skis on your feet in the mountains. You need strength in upward slope, if not you?ll be out in the first swing.

Dear Mother and Father

Thanks for, after given me life, never failed to take me seriously. This is the most important gift someone can achieve out of childhood. It is this source, which makes me to stay here today as the one I am, and I am grateful for that. Dear Anja and Espen! Thanks for being these open minded and bright persons who I am proud of to call my brother and sister. I also thank the rest of my family who is around me just now. All of you have taken part in giving me an education full of cultural and creative values.

Dear M䲴ha,

I have never met a person with more strength than you,
I have never met a person with such a big heart as you,
I have never seen a woman with such an inner beauty as you,
You radiate an irrestistible mix of wisdom and beauty, charm and decisiveness.
You are irresistible and powerful, sparkling and playful, and serious all at once.
Yes, you are irresistible when you always let me finish a discussion with the words: Yes, my beloved - you are completely right!
On the wings of love I flew over,
because no wall can shut out love.
What love manages, it will dear.

These are Romeo?s words, he who lost his love, Julie. A bitter misunderstanding made it that they did not get each other when alive. An exaggeration and thoughtless lie may make love between two persons to an impossibility. Even in our time, which easily can be changed to tides we like to think of as those masterly made intrigues of Shakespeare. I know about nights when I believed that ten years could be the apportioned time for a wandering in the wilderness for both of us, when waiting for that, which happened today. That which solved the tangle was the clear and silvery tone through the night. Ten years is no impossible time to wait. We would manage that; only it should be us at the end.

Dearest M䲴ha,

You are the light that conquers the darkness. To know that you exist, makes me to realize that God is near. Together with you I do not fear dead anymore. Through you, M䲴ha, life is worth living. You are a viewer, and you are not afraid of telling us what you are seeing. You are that person who have seen me with an open eye as I never have been seen, where all my weaknesses were displayed, but they did not scream you. You are miracle; there is no other way to explain this breathtaking feeling that you today has answered yes to become my wife.

Many may believe that it was a fairy tale the way we came together. And of course they are right. It is always a fairy tale the way two people come together and decide to share life.

Yes indeed you are Norway?s princess, but this cannot separate you from which you also represent. You are build by your heritage and your role, which makes you the person you are today. Ripe and ready for the tasks you have chosen in your life, we see you as a revelation of sincerity and diligence. And during the time we have known each other I have constantly been thinking of this: Are we really mend for each other, then God will surely arrange it all to the best.

Today life welcomes us. Today you and I are life.

I love you

I pray the audience to participate in a toast for my love to the bride.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: