Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11 Juiciest Bits from 'Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King'  (Read 10260 times)
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:11:38 AM »

Published today on The Daily Beast:

Quote from: The Daily Beast
Acclaimed Royal writer Penny Junor’s unputdownable new biography of Prince William is packed with intriguing new details, including Diana's self-harming, Harry's real dad and the reason that William took so long to get engaged to Kate – after his parent’s poor example, he didn’t think he could be faithful to just one woman.

It’s not out in the US till 4 June, but the Royalist has had a sneak peek.

Diana Didn’t Want To Tell William About the Panorama Interview
Shortly after William had started at Eton, his house master Andrew Gailey learned that the Princess of Wales was recording an interview in secret for the BBC.
Junor writes: “Concerned for his pupil, he phoned Diana and told her it was imperative to explain to William, face-to-face, what she was intending to do.
‘Is that really necessary?’ she said.
“It was, he said — but she refused  to come. The next day he phoned again and was even more insistent. Reluctantly, she agreed to go to the school.
“The meeting between mother and son lasted no longer than five minutes. Diana told William that the programme she’d recorded would not contain anything controversial.
“It would make him proud of her, she assured him. And before he had a chance to ask any questions, she left.”

William was Devastated by The Broadcast
 “William watched the whole programme in his house master’s study. And, not unnaturally, he was deeply upset. No child wants to hear one parent assassinating the integrity of the other, let alone talking about mutual infidelities.  It was as if his mother had forgotten, as she told her story to an audience of 20 million people, that he was just a boy in his first term.”

Charles and Diana’s Sex Life Was Bad

“Within days of their engagement, Diana had changed from a happy-go-lucky teenager into a volatile and unpredictable stranger. Even the honeymoon on board HMS Britannia failed to work its magic: physically, Diana confided to friends, the marriage was a disaster.”

People Knew Diana was Unstable
“Before the marriage, no one in Charles’s camp had spotted that she was suffering from an incipient mental illness. And the people who did know kept quiet. In 1993, when the marriage was in  ruins, her grandmother Lady Fermoy — who died a month later  — told the Prince she’d known  Diana was ‘a dishonest and difficult’ girl and wished she’d screwed up her courage to tell him  he shouldn’t marry her. Even Diana’s father said shortly before he died in 1992 that he’d been wrong not to warn Charles.”

Diana Self-Harmed
“Diana needed constant reassurance, constant attention, constant love; but the mood swings were violent and unnerving. In the blink of an eye, she went from cheerful and funny to brooding and sobbing, or furiously angry and screaming. At other times, she cut herself until she bled profusely.”

William Thought Bob Geldof Needed a Wash
“Once, William barged into a meeting his father was having with the habitually dishevelled musician Bob Geldof.
‘Why do you have to talk to that man?’ he demanded. ‘Because we have work to do,’ said his father.
‘He’s all dirty,’ said William. ‘Shut up, you horrible boy,’ said  Geldof. ‘He’s got scruffy hair and wet shoes,’ said William, undeterred.”

Diana Was Open About Her Affairs
“No attempt was made to hide the fact she had lovers. Indeed, James Hewitt, a good-looking young officer in the Life Guards, became part of the boys’ lives during his five-year affair with the Princess.
“William thought the world of Hewitt. In many ways, he represented everything that small boys admire. He read them bedtime stories, took them to his barracks, dressed them in little Army uniforms and let them climb all over the tanks at Windsor.
“When he went to serve in the first Gulf War in 1991, Diana watched the TV news anxiously, with Harry beside her. But when he returned home safe the following year, she ended the affair by simply refusing to take his calls.”

Harry is Not Hewitt’s Son
“Hewitt was a redhead like Harry, and a rumour persisted that Harry was his son. It was untrue — Diana didn’t meet Hewitt until her younger son was two years old.”

William Was Uncomfortable Around Women
“Having been educated at Marlborough College, a mixed-sex public school, Kate Middleton was relaxed around men. But William, who’d been largely educated at boys’ schools, clearly found the female sex somewhat alarming — particularly in his history of art tutorials, where there were seven girls to two men.”

William Couldn’t Work in the University Library
“When it came to writing essays, however, William didn’t join other students in the library, where it was hard to escape unwanted attention. Instead, he’d do them in a room at the top of the local police station.”

William Had Doubts About Monogamy
“There were other ordeals ahead. Although only one of William and Kate’s break-ups became public, there were other times when the relationship cooled.
“The problem was William: he had very real worries about whether it was possible to love just one woman. After his hurricane childhood, he was understandably cautious about committing to a relationship. 
“Their most public break-up, in 2007, was initiated by William, when he was serving with the Blues and Royals in Dorset while Kate was in London…What brought him running back, according to someone who knows him well, was jealousy. Although his girlfriend had been miserable, she hadn’t sat moping at home but had hit the town night after night, wearing a brave face and a sexy dress.”
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »

Poor Diana  No Nobody is even standing up for her  Thumb down

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:57:49 AM »

If this turns into another fight between Diana-fans and Charles-apologists, I'll close the thread. Keep that in mind! No fighting - this is a place for debate and discussion!
AshleyAthena

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »

If I want to read a book about Diana or Charles or the Wales' marriage, I'll find a book on that-there are many, and I even one one (the Bradford, which is a great biography not a gossipy piece like almost anything else on Diana). If I want to read a bio of Prince William, I'd want to actually read about him in the bio, not his parents. So, I don't think Junor's book is for me.
Schockobaerin

Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 02:23:40 AM »

Well, truthfully i dont understand why everybody thinks diana was perfect: she was a spoiled brat, if you see at the beginning of her royal duties she always had this "bored look", and she manipulated the media very well, BUT she had charisma and knew how to use it, i dont know if her charities were just for the media or not, but she left a very good impression... Charles by the other way, doesnt have his late ex-wifes charisma, the poor guy grew up thinking he was superior, and he was doomed...He couldnt marry the woman he loved, and the one he married was a young unstable teenager, probably was hell for the two...
As many errors Di and Charles had, there is something both did very well: The two of them were really good parents to their boys, and tried to give them the best childhood as posible, ironically charles and di had a wonderful relationship (friendship) at the time of her death. I think they both were victims, Charles because he loved already one mature woman(Camilla), and was forced to marry someone really young and inmature, and to the top of it, he choose someone who had a really stormy and unstable childhood. And Diana,the child who was manipulated and probably forced to marry someone she didnt know. I think thats why Willy stayed with kate: She can be a socialclimber waity, but she comes from a stable family and thats what willyboy so wanted for him, because as much we admire the queen, i dont see her like a lovable mother or grandma...
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 02:10:34 PM »

So wait, what? William supports this book? I am confused!

From Celebitchy: http://www.celebitchy.com...new_authorized_biography/

The explosive new tell-all book Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King, has been splashed across the web, describing Kate Middleton as a cold, dull, serious girl who was never liked by William’s friends.

Now, In Touch can reveal that the biography, painting a less-than-glamorous portrait of the future Queen of England, had her husband’s blessing!

“It’s very unusual for the prince’s household to speak to a biographer like me,” author and royal insider Penny Junor exclusively tells In Touch. “But Prince William gave them his permission.”

The biography claims that when William first met Kate, she sported “unwashed hair, no makeup and grubby jeans.” Internet critics have latched onto these descriptions and run with them, calling Kate “ugly,” “anorexic” and a “golddigger.”

William’s love for Kate is even minimized in the book, with Penny claiming that, for quite a while during their courtship, the 29-year-old prince “had very real worries about whether it was possible to love just one woman.” What’s more, the book makes Kate appear somewhat desperate, stating that they split in 2007 because “Kate had always wanted rather more commitment than William was prepared to give.”

The book also draws attention to Kate’s skinny frame and diet, sparking cruel rumors that she is infertile.

Kate was worried before their engagement announcement that she would not be beloved by the British people. “Kate was frantic with worry that the public would not like her.” And now, it seems her fears have come true.

Yet as upset as the Duchess of Cambridge understandably is, she can take comfort in the fact that William is showing his commitment to her now. “He is being very supportive, and trying to make Kate laugh about things,” an insider reveals to In Touch. “The whole point of the book was that she was a normal girl, but she’s turned into a great beauty with a husband who loves her. That’s what she should focus on.”

Huh?  Confused
Heather1229

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

Penny talked to courtiers. This is not an authorized biography and the Kate info is as if taken from prior DM articles. Also, most of what's in the book are Penny's grand, ludicrous assumptions about everything and everyone. Funny if there was specific permission to speak to staff, why is noone named?  Jlop, Miguel Head etc. none named, such rubbish. Junor needs a therapist herself. Oh and In Touch is crap.
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »

Yeah okay, Bob Geldof told the future king to shut up. Oh Penny how I totally believe everything you say or write.  Dead

I'm not a Diana worshipper but I really like what she was doing (workwise) during & after her marriage to Charles.

I do hope that Willy or Harry would come out & say this book is rubbish....or do they believe her  Confused

Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »

a commentor on the Celebitchy article said they thought William was the cold, serious, and dull one.  I could agree with that! 

Kate strikes me as a giggling air-head!  Certainly not serious!  Maybe dull, yes.  Probably not cold.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

Charles and Diana had an awful sex life?

BOMBSHELL ALERT!!  BOMBSHELL ALERT!!
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »

Yeah okay, Bob Geldof told the future king to shut up. Oh Penny how I totally believe everything you say or write.  Dead

I'm not a Diana worshipper but I really like what she was doing (workwise) during & after her marriage to Charles.

I do hope that Willy or Harry would come out & say this book is rubbish....or do they believe her  Confused
:hugesmile:I can imagine Geldof would say this to William after hearing that rude comment. William was rather young and needed to be told off for saying this to someone. From what I've read Charles was very embarrassed by William's remark.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »

:hugesmile:I can imagine Geldof would say this to William after hearing that rude comment. William was rather young and needed to be told off for saying this to someone. From what I've read Charles was very embarrassed by William's remark.

Kids say that sort of thing all the time.  I could imagine one of my kids taking a look at Geldof and asking him point blank if he bathed.... Laughing
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »

William Thought Bob Geldof Needed a Wash
“Once, William barged into a meeting his father was having with the habitually dishevelled musician Bob Geldof.
‘Why do you have to talk to that man?’ he demanded. ‘Because we have work to do,’ said his father.
‘He’s all dirty,’ said William. ‘Shut up, you horrible boy,’ said  Geldof. ‘He’s got scruffy hair and wet shoes,’ said William, undeterred.”

Laughing If this is true, omg  Laughing
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 03:40:42 PM »

IA that William would have said all that stuff but I really doubt Geldof told him to shut up. No way that happened IMO.

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »

Curious...if Diana "cut herself until she bled profusely" where were the scars? In every photo I have ever seen published of the late Princess, her arms, legs, stomach, thighs...all were smooth and unmarked.  Sad

Has Junor spoken with any medical personnel, servants, friends or family who have confirmed this self cutting or is she parroting info that Diana gave Andrew Morton, which by the way contained several exaggerations and outright falsehoods perpetrated by Diana herself?

I am referring to the incident where Diana says she threw herself down the stairs at Sandringham in a suicide attempt while pregnant with William, which was later verified to have been a simple accident where she slipped on the staircase.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: