Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11 Juiciest Bits from 'Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King'  (Read 10277 times)
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »

Curious...if Diana "cut herself until she bled profusely" where were the scars? In every photo I have ever seen published of the late Princess, her arms, legs, stomach, thighs...all were smooth and unmarked.  Sad

Has Junor spoken with any medical personnel, servants, friends or family who have confirmed this self cutting or is she parroting info that Diana gave Andrew Morton, which by the way contained several exaggerations and outright falsehoods perpetrated by Diana herself?

I am referring to the incident where Diana says she threw herself down the stairs at Sandringham in a suicide attempt while pregnant with William, which was later verified to have been a simple accident where she slipped on the staircase.

Which brings us back to the alleged premise of the Junor book; with all of these allegations/myths/facts/legends about one's parents, how IS he so normal?Huh?Huh?Huh?   Dash2

I'd like to have Dr. Drew analyze William, and just let him go on what both parents actually said to the media; no allegations, no sources, etc, etc.  Just let him roll those tapes. 

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »

Sounds like a bunch of media-whore garbage to me. Yawn.

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 01:08:09 AM »

So wait, what? William supports this book? I am confused!

From Celebitchy: http://www.celebitchy.com...new_authorized_biography/

The explosive new tell-all book Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King, has been splashed across the web, describing Kate Middleton as a cold, dull, serious girl who was never liked by William’s friends.

Now, In Touch can reveal that the biography, painting a less-than-glamorous portrait of the future Queen of England, had her husband’s blessing!

“It’s very unusual for the prince’s household to speak to a biographer like me,” author and royal insider Penny Junor exclusively tells In Touch. “But Prince William gave them his permission.”

The biography claims that when William first met Kate, she sported “unwashed hair, no makeup and grubby jeans.” Internet critics have latched onto these descriptions and run with them, calling Kate “ugly,” “anorexic” and a “golddigger.”

William’s love for Kate is even minimized in the book, with Penny claiming that, for quite a while during their courtship, the 29-year-old prince “had very real worries about whether it was possible to love just one woman.” What’s more, the book makes Kate appear somewhat desperate, stating that they split in 2007 because “Kate had always wanted rather more commitment than William was prepared to give.”

The book also draws attention to Kate’s skinny frame and diet, sparking cruel rumors that she is infertile.

Kate was worried before their engagement announcement that she would not be beloved by the British people. “Kate was frantic with worry that the public would not like her.” And now, it seems her fears have come true.

Yet as upset as the Duchess of Cambridge understandably is, she can take comfort in the fact that William is showing his commitment to her now. “He is being very supportive, and trying to make Kate laugh about things,” an insider reveals to In Touch. “The whole point of the book was that she was a normal girl, but she’s turned into a great beauty with a husband who loves her. That’s what she should focus on.”

Huh?  Confused

This is the more interesting stuff to me...all the Waity bits. Dull? check! Cold? check! Never liked by his friends because they thought she was a golddigger? check!   Laughing

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »

On the suggestion of some of our esteemed members, I am now reading the biography on Diana, written by Sarah Bradford.  It does seem like the most balanced book written about the Wales.  I've read several others and they all that their 'slant' on the story.

That said, while reading this book, I can't help but think about Waity and her situation.  While it does remain to be seen how her story will play out, my sense is entering into this Windsor lifestyle is not for the 'faint of heart'.  My opinion, is that she has "sold her soul" for the fame and wealth.  Ugh.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 01:35:11 AM »

Vava, I read the Sarah Bradford book and I agree.  She goes right down the middle on the whole Charles and Diana fiasco.
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 01:51:45 AM »

Hi Bessie!
I found it interesting that Mountbatten and others warned Charles that he was going the route of Edward VIII because he was so self-indulgent......
devin22

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 03:28:23 AM »

Diana by Sarah Bradford is the best biography written on Diana imo. Sarah Bradford was objective throughout the entire book. Not once did I feel like I was reading a tabloid.
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 03:32:27 AM »

I realize that it might be too soon, but are there any books about kate and William that are not too biased to one side or the other as well that are out now?
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »

I realize that it might be too soon, but are there any books about kate and William that are not too biased to one side or the other as well that are out now?

I don't think so.  Is Sarah Bradford still writing books?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: