Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Kate is a “cold, dull, serious girl” claims new authorized biography  (Read 20382 times)
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

Duchess Kate is a “cold, dull, serious girl” claims new authorized biography

"A new book about Prince William is about to released, and it’s not painting a very pretty picture of Kate Middleton. I looked it up on Amazon, and there’s not an American release date yet, but I’m sure that’s why In Touch Weekly is buzzing about this book, Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King. It’s a preview to whet your appetite so the bloody Yanks will buy the bloody book. ITW is trying to make this sound very scandalous, although I have my doubts. They claim William coordinated with the biographer, giving his permission for some of his staff members and friends to give interviews, which sucks because the book is all about how William was never really “sold” on Kate Middleton’s qualities, and all of the people “authorized” to speak on William’s behalf basically describe Kate a boring, diet-obsessed cold fish who was desperate to marry William. Hm…"

Is Kate really “a cold, dull, serious girl who was never liked by William’s friends”? I might like her more if she had secretly been “serious” all this time, and not being liked by William’s snotty posh friends is a plus in my book. But I think the real scandal is that Kate isn’t very “serious” at all. The secret might be that she seems to be rather vapid, and she was only really “serious” about landing William. She put her mind to it and she achieved her one and only goal after nine long years. As for her being “cold and dull” – well… that might be slightly unfair. She lacks emotional intelligence, I think, but she seems like a smiley, happy, positive person.

As for the implied criticism of Kate’s dramatic weight loss over the course of the past two years, The Mail had an interesting story yesterday. Their sources claimed that Kate’s “toned” physique is courtesy of a very inexpensive workout:

http://www.celebitchy.com...new_authorized_biography/

Je suis Charlie
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »

She's definitely dull. So is William, IMO. I think they're both completely boring. Neither of them seem to have much of a personality Thumb down. I think her "toned" physique is most likely the result of starvation, which is indeed inexpensive. Ugh. I think these articles about the supposed workouts and healthy eating are very dangerous for girls and young women. Her figure should not be celebrated anddiscussed as healthy. She is obviously dealing with an eating disorder Thumb down
Schockobaerin

Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »

She's definitely dull. So is William, IMO. I think they're both completely boring. Neither of them seem to have much of a personality Thumb down. I think her "toned" physique is most likely the result of starvation, which is indeed inexpensive. Ugh. I think these articles about the supposed workouts and healthy eating are very dangerous for girls and young women. Her figure should not be celebrated anddiscussed as healthy. She is obviously dealing with an eating disorder Thumb down
kate is dull and dumb, she doesnt have any charisma and is empty minded, i think camilla has more potential as a queen than catherine, she has to take care of herself, now she is in "honeymoon" stage with the press, but as soon the jubilee and the olympics end, people arent going to tolerate her lazy ways, if she thinks , she is diana, she wrong, William himself turned to be dull and quite boring, harry that is another story...
about the infertility rumors, shes young, and if she has some problems, with all the money and technology they have, thats not going to be a problem, Of letizia was said the same, she is too thin and infertile, and at the end she had two healthy girls.
I hope for their sake, willywaity are going to change, and understand that with the privilege comes the responsability, if they dont want to work, well there is like 3000 people in the line of sucession, beginnng with harry, who thank godness inherited his mum charisma...
Heather1229

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »

please delete
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »

Yes she is. I had no opinion about her until the engangement interview and I was astonished by her lack of charisma. She was educated to get a rich hubby and pushed by mummy.... For Wills it's fine because he is dull too. And he wants a wife that isn't such demanding and difficult as his mother. His main focus is to avoid any risk for his family with a wife overshadowing everybody and makes the rest of the firm look like fools.

And that's something we definetly won't get from Waity. She doesn't do much, she isn't pushy and happy with the things they give her to do. As my mum always says: Only the one who is working can make mistakes. The ones who do nothing can't make mistakes.

We will see them having some kids and our hands-one-walisian-housewife Kate will cover behind her new role as mum. Willy will also follow his way in the background of the BRF because thats much easier for him.

The situation will last until, unfortunately, the Queen dies and he will become the new PoW. Until that he and Kate will play average Joe and Jane.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »

Kate probably hasn't progress from the time she first started dating William, because of the fear she'd be dumped, Kate as we've said, has blended her own personality, life, and thoughts to William, and so has her family , who  seemed to have  bended so far backwards to accommodate him, where would she have learned to stand up for herself, her friends are all Williams friends,  she had no social circle of her own, no work or work friends, they remind me a little of King George and Queen Mary, Mary deferred to George on everything and George didn't like Mary to change her appearance or style, so a after they married , till she died her style was the same.
Schockobaerin

Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »

Kate probably hasn't progress from the time she first started dating William, because of the fear she'd be dumped, Kate as we've said, has blended her own personality, life, and thoughts to William, and so has her family , who  seemed to have  bended so far backwards to accommodate him, where would she have learned to stand up for herself, her friends are all Williams friends,  she had no social circle of her own, no work or work friends, they remind me a little of King George and Queen Mary, Mary deferred to George on everything and George didn't like Mary to change her appearance or style, so a after they married , till she died her style was the same.
and sadly for her, sometime in the future willy is going to get bored of her, and dump her, and cheat on her(he allready did), and because her lack of live, she is going to end alone, so waity hurry up with those heirs! So you arent going to end up alone!!!
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »

It is NO secret or great insight that Kate is dull, boring and empty. She keeps herself starvation thin and childlike because Willy obviously likes her that way.

All I am going to say is that all the women I know IRL who have done this end up being hated or dumped by the guy once they start to age, there is NOTHING appealing to a guy, even a control freak like Willy, about a passive, childish, dependent MIDDLE AGED woman. It is cute and pettish to have a girlfriend/wife like this who is in her teens, 20s, early 30s but it looks really awful in the thirties and forties.

Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

It is NO secret or great insight that Kate is dull, boring and empty. She keeps herself starvation thin and childlike because Willy obviously likes her that way.

All I am going to say is that all the women I know IRL who have done this end up being hated or dumped by the guy once they start to age, there is NOTHING appealing to a guy, even a control freak like Willy, about a passive, childish, dependent MIDDLE AGED woman. It is cute and pettish to have a girlfriend/wife like this who is in her teens, 20s, early 30s but it looks really awful in the thirties and forties.

Clover, I never thought of it in those terms, but you are right; they generally trade in for a newer model of dull, witless nincompoops who go to college for their Mrs. degree.  If you watch Mad Men, the second Mrs. Draper is like this....pretended an interest in advertising to snag the rich restless Mr. Draper, then after she got her wish, changed her tune.  Now she's homebound Mrs. Draper, making bad spaghetti for dinner and realizing she is getting zero outside stimulation.  Bed, made, lie.

BTW - this "new authorized biography....." isn't any such thing.  It's Penny Junor's flights of Charles-worship and fantasy, and she's again quoted 'unnamed courtiers' as her 'sources.'  Her own wet dream, so unattractive in a woman of her advancing years.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »

I think "serious" is a euphemism for "lacking a sense of humour". Which is not what it means, but I suppose the author is tiptoeing around the royal egos here.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »

Clover, I never thought of it in those terms, but you are right; they generally trade in for a newer model dull, witless nincompoops who go to college for their Mrs. degree.  If you watch Mad Men, the second Mrs. Draper is like this....pretended an interest in advertising to snag the rich restless Mr. Draper, then after she got her wish, changed her tune.  Now she's homebound Mrs. Draper, making bad spaghetti for dinner and realizing she is getting zero outside stimulation.  Bed, made, lie.

BTW - this "new authorized biography....." isn't any such thing.  It's Penny Junor's flights of Charles-worship and fantasy, and she's again quoted 'unnamed courtiers' as her 'sources.'  Her own wet dream, so unattractive in a woman of her advancing years.

Curtains,
I am also a Mad Men fan and I thought the same thing about the younger Mrs. Draper. She is going to end up just like the first Mrs. Draper when the charm wears off and he sees her for what she is another restless, bored, and empty housewife.

I am not sure what is going on with Penny Junor and this book, clearly she wants Charles and she does seem to be his type ( ) sure we will find out soon enough.  Thinking

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »

cold, dull, serious girl- that is not negative really for most people and royals

In my mind she is lazy and embarrassment for women but as far as Kate concerned that book isn't bad

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »

Yes, they are a bit flat.

Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »

Yes, they are a bit flat.

Jumping Laughing  Star

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 02:39:09 AM »

I think "serious" is a euphemism for "lacking a sense of humour". Which is not what it means, but I suppose the author is tiptoeing around the royal egos here.

Well, Willy says she has a "really naughty" sense of humor Tongue

http://www.telegraph.co.u...on-interview-in-full.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: