Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Kate is a “cold, dull, serious girl” claims new authorized biography  (Read 18377 times)
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »

I expect any such bio to be a pack of lies and I see Waity as being a doormat.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 03:45:24 AM »

Something tells me Will didn't authorize this part of the book.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 04:51:12 AM »

Clover,  Star

Excellent

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Clover

Gigantic Member

My daughter loves horses!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:24 AM »

Clover,  Star

Excellent

G Smiley

Hug Champagne

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »

That's quite a compliment for Waity, 'cold, dull and serious', that's how William's grandma or his father is like, only they are dutiful and Waity is very lazy.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »

It helps not to have too much of a lively character and a free spirit .. the job is essentially monotonous, interminably boring and never ending. Harry or Zara would hate it.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »

It helps not to have too much of a lively character and a free spirit .. the job is essentially monotonous, interminably boring and never ending. Harry or Zara would hate it.

True. 
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »

True. 
:star:Excellent observation Lady Bunion.
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »

I think you need to be dutiful and have a strong workethic in order to do this job and Kate in my opinion doesn't have both.
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 08:27:10 PM »

Kate is waste of space and oxygen!!  Snore

Clover

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 01:23:13 AM »

I think you need to be dutiful and have a strong workethic in order to do this job and Kate in my opinion doesn't have both.

Exactly! You can be dull and hardworking, but the key word is hardworking, at a job that is dull, monotonous, boring, and neverending! Such a job requires someone with a tireless work ethic, so wrong girl, Kate, selected for this job IMO.

Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:15 AM »

True. A lot of the criticism would ease up if Waity kept herself busy. Diana was criticized for a lot of things, but her work ethic was never questioned as far as I can remember.

The trouble is, she is just so god-awful mediocre at what she does. More public work could result in two things. One, Kate becomes more skilled at interacting with people at public events. Or two, Kate continues with her sub-par performances, alienates the public and humiliates the BRF.
The first scenario could occur after many appearances during which Kate would continue with her sub-par performances, alienate the public and humiliate the BRF.

Well, I'd say it is a losing battle. Waity is a lemon and I don't think things will improve much. She'll just have to hide away until an appearance is absolutely necessary. But never, ever will I say "she's good enough".
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 01:46:30 AM »

I think Kate will do her smiling and pseudo fashion thing this summer throughout the Jubilee parties and the Olympics and then once those are behind her, she's going to have to get herself pregnant.  Once she has a baby, she's fulfilled her responsibility to the royal family and the country.  (As archaic as that sounds, it does seem as if that is the case.)  Then when she has this baby, she can decide if she wants to be active - or just hole up in her royal pad and do her own thing.  I'm sure she'll continue to order gowns and attend the flashy functions with Willy Boy.  She might make some appearances to her charities (4?) from time to time, but that will not be her main focus.  She'll be into her dieting, beauty treatments, shopping, and vacationing with her family.  Just like any other wife of a rich guy.
Clover

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:21 AM »

Later when all the tell-alls were written about Diana, everyone, across the board, said she was committed to her charities and sought out meetings, many never reported or photographed, with people in need, and often she said that they actually ended up giving her strength/comfort.

So despite all the major, emotional, and humiliating battles she fought at home with Charles and Camilla and the BRF, Diana still dug down deep, wiped her tears, and went to work giving her all to individuals who suffered, she thought more than she did, or as much as she did. There is nothing to critize about that! Diana had weaknesses, but not when it came to work ethic.

Kate on the other hand, just wants to be a rich man's wife, one with invites to the best balls in town, those that require an expensive new frock. More like being the Lady of Pemberly, Mrs. Darcy Fitzwilliam, rather than anyone or any position with more serious expectations attached to it.  Snare
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:04:34 AM by Clover » Logged

Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »

Why didn't she just do the world a big favor and marry one of those rich guys with a small title or no title at all. Then, she wouldn't have to worry about representing one of the oldest royal families on Earth. She could shop and play and lounge about and no one would care.
Willy should have seen this problem from the start. I would really like to know why many of the aristocratic girls (from England and the other European countries) did not seem to be attracted to him. Surely, there are hundreds of aristocratic ladies throughout Europe. What went wrong?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: