Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 144723 times)
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »

Well, if i would have been one of the daughters, no way i was going somewhere without my parents, their hope was to get Asylum in england, but george v, had denied that asylum, i dont think they really knew, how dangerous the situation was, there is a lots of "what ifs", anyway what lenin did to kill 5 innocent children, it was awful  Nono and how they lied to the people, and created all this AA circus, they were cowards, plain and simple, at least the french killed the king and the queen in public, those cowards just did it with cold blood, and only God knows how those bastards profaned the girls bodies  Nerves nobody its perfect and nicholas and his family payed not only for their mistakes, but for their antecesors mistakes...

By the way, how was it possible that a lot of people believed that crazy AA was Anastasia, they arent even alike, just look at AA mouth.. just crazy

They believed it because the closest living relation to the Tsar was entitled to loads of lovely, lovely rubles sitting in an English bank account. Who'd not want to be her only living friend?   I'd have taken a poodle with a tiara, paraded it past the Empress and cried, "it's her reincarnation, g#$ dammit!  Just look at the deformed paw!  And look how she climbs onto you, Madam!  Every time she sees a picture of beloved Nicky she curtseys."  Similarly, if you had a flair for writing and wrote a book detailing AA's comparisons to Anastasia, you made some nice money.  Same with newspaper articles, films, etc. 

Perfect!! Star Laughing

I have to admit that the AA case still confuses and troubles me. How did that woman know so many intimate details about the family life of the Romanovs?

I was especially blown away to learn that she was able to talk in detail about the secret journey Alix's brother Ernie made to Tsarskoe Selo either during or before World War I, to try and extricate Russia and the Romanovs from the cataclysm...this did not become public knowledge until many years later and to my knowledge, no one has been able to explain how AA got the information
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

jumping in just to say keep going with this awesome thread nothing better than RD clever ladies discussing history  Banana

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Schockobaerin

Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »

Well, if i would have been one of the daughters, no way i was going somewhere without my parents, their hope was to get Asylum in england, but george v, had denied that asylum, i dont think they really knew, how dangerous the situation was, there is a lots of "what ifs", anyway what lenin did to kill 5 innocent children, it was awful  Nono and how they lied to the people, and created all this AA circus, they were cowards, plain and simple, at least the french killed the king and the queen in public, those cowards just did it with cold blood, and only God knows how those bastards profaned the girls bodies  Nerves nobody its perfect and nicholas and his family payed not only for their mistakes, but for their antecesors mistakes...

By the way, how was it possible that a lot of people believed that crazy AA was Anastasia, they arent even alike, just look at AA mouth.. just crazy

They believed it because the closest living relation to the Tsar was entitled to loads of lovely, lovely rubles sitting in an English bank account. Who'd not want to be her only living friend?   I'd have taken a poodle with a tiara, paraded it past the Empress and cried, "it's her reincarnation, g#$ dammit!  Just look at the deformed paw!  And look how she climbs onto you, Madam!  Every time she sees a picture of beloved Nicky she curtseys."  Similarly, if you had a flair for writing and wrote a book detailing AA's comparisons to Anastasia, you made some nice money.  Same with newspaper articles, films, etc. 

Perfect!! Star Laughing

I have to admit that the AA case still confuses and troubles me. How did that woman know so many intimate details about the family life of the Romanovs?

I was especially blown away to learn that she was able to talk in detail about the secret journey Alix's brother Ernie made to Tsarskoe Selo either during or before World War I, to try and extricate Russia and the Romanovs from the cataclysm...this did not become public knowledge until many years later and to my knowledge, no one has been able to explain how AA got the information
One of AA "patrons" was Gleb Botkin, Dr Botkinīs son (who died with the family), and he grew up in the royal family inner circle, he was alexeis playmate, of course he and other people gave this information to Schanzkowska, for me thats all was a big theater from the beginning to the end, they just needed a loon, to manipulate, in that time, many peasant educated themselves, in etiquette(with magazines help,etc..) to become a princess. Just the matter that she didnt speak english or russian was a dead giveaway that it was a fraud, she understood russian, because as a polish, you understand a little bit russian, but they didnt think about the english or french to that matter. Alexandraīs lady in waiting, The governess, the french tutor, their nurse, their aunt(Irene), all said she wasnt Anastasia, and caught her in lies. "Curiously" the cousins who said ohh she was! were relatives, who anastasia rarely saw... That was a fraud, and it was because of the money!, Money that at the end, didnt exist, because Nicīs mother and sisters died in impoverishment..Sometimes i think it was all a Circus of the USSR to distract the atention on their horrendous crime
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »

Had they realized there was no money they would have thrown her right back into that canal.

Did you read the accounts about her?  They all went on and on about how "she carried herself like a princess."  To me that means she was demanding, drank all the top shelf stuff, and didn't bother to clean up after herself.  Wasn't she removing her own teeth in the late 20's and early 30's?  Probably then bled all over their best guest rooms and bath on top of it all.  

Schockobaerin

Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »

Had they realized there was no money they would have thrown her right back into that canal.

Did you read the accounts about her?  They all went on and on about how "she carried herself like a princess."  To me that means she was demanding, drank all the top shelf stuff, and didn't bother to clean up after herself.  Wasn't she removing her own teeth in the late 20's and early 30's?  Probably then bled all over their best guest rooms and bath on top of it all.  

AA was a factory worker, she worked in a munition fabric and a Shell(projectil) exploded in her hand, and well, thats the reason why her body was so damaged, i think she lost her boyfriend in the accident, then went nuts, AA was really freaking nuts, at the 70īs she lived in the black forest(germany) in a house full of cats, then went to the usa, and another loony married her, yeah, no money, and then they just tossed her, but in the other hand, she always, always tried to cover her mouth(the resemblance with the GD was the forehead and the eyes), so if she always though about it, she wasnt as stupid. There was an episode of unresolved mysteries (an old one, i watched in youtube), and then this writer, how sure he was, that she was the GD, i just laughed my ass off, because before AA died, back in the 70īs they wanted to make an DNA probe, and she refused (OMG!), then anyway they found an intestinal tissue, and compared to the DoE and to Franziska Swanzkowskas nephew... There is a really interesting article about it in wikipedia.. They came with stupid profiles and ears comparitions, then came the DNA probe, and the discovery of the corpses,and yurovskys diary, the corpse who werent there, were alexeis and marias, but they founded them a couple of years ago.. I live in Berlin and believe to jump in the dirty waters of the Landswehrkanal, its just ewwww, and now its cleaner, back in the 20īs i dont think so Whistle Berlin has wonderful lakes, if i want to kill myself ala drowned, i would go to a lake, its cleaner and nobody is going to find me soon, but here in the landswehrkanal and some bridges there is a liveguard ring (maybe two) to safe suiciders life... Crazy
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 11:11:08 PM »

Perfect!! Star Laughing

One of AA "patrons" was Gleb Botkin, Dr Botkinīs son (who died with the family), and he grew up in the royal family inner circle, he was alexeis playmate, of course he and other people gave this information to Schanzkowska, for me thats all was a big theater from the beginning to the end, they just needed a loon, to manipulate, in that time, many peasant educated themselves, in etiquette(with magazines help,etc..) to become a princess. Just the matter that she didnt speak english or russian was a dead giveaway that it was a fraud, she understood russian, because as a polish, you understand a little bit russian, but they didnt think about the english or french to that matter. Alexandraīs lady in waiting, The governess, the french tutor, their nurse, their aunt(Irene), all said she wasnt Anastasia, and caught her in lies. "Curiously" the cousins who said ohh she was! were relatives, who anastasia rarely saw... That was a fraud, and it was because of the money!, Money that at the end, didnt exist, because Nicīs mother and sisters died in impoverishment..Sometimes i think it was all a Circus of the USSR to distract the atention on their horrendous crime

True...but still...there is that visit of of Grand Duke Ernie to Tsarskoe  that was so top secret I doubt even Gleb Botkin or his father knew about it...so how did AA know about it??!
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »

Perfect!! Star Laughing

True...but still...there is that visit of of Grand Duke Ernie to Tsarskoe  that was so top secret I doubt even Gleb Botkin or his father knew about it...so how did AA know about it??!

That IS a big mystery.  And AA did know about it, and it was only many years later that the Hesse court admitted it.  But it must be that someone in the know fed her that information.  That's the only way possible.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:58 PM »

So, so  many questions.  Crap

I just learned a couple of years ago that the legend of Rasputin being so difficult to kill was just that...a LEGEND. The doctor who was supposed to have slipped poison into his cakes that night in the basement of the Youssupov Palace admitted on his deathbed that he had in fact gotten cold feet that night and never put any poison into Rasputin's pastries.

So even though Rasputin had to be chased down and shot several times before being thrown into the Neva to drown(  Shocked), he was never poisoned as well, like people have been led to believe.

I forget the name of the doctor in question...it's a long name and if I hear it I will recognize it.
swanlake

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »

I can't imagine conspiring to kill someone and it is not suprising that the doctor lost his nerve and could not put poison in Rasputin's pastries.  Too little too late, so much damage had been done by Rasputin.  Getting rid of him did not solve the worst problems that the Imperial Russian family had.  Rasputin was a huge problem but not the worst, the Bolsheviks get that title.  I wish someone had put poisionin Hitler's pastries but that is a topic for a different thread. 

It seems to me that Alex was so strong minded, or narrow minded or mentally ill and had such an influence over her husband that no one could get near enough to him to make him accept good advice.   She seemed to stand in the way and no one could get around her.  And Rasputin was in the shadows manipulating everyone.  Nicholas did not seem to realize the depth of his problems and nothing could be done to change Nicholas and Alex's minds and save them, they first had to see how bad things really were.   By the time they did all was lost.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

I can't imagine conspiring to kill someone and it is not suprising that the doctor lost his nerve and could not put poison in Rasputin's pastries.  Too little too late, so much damage had been done by Rasputin.  Getting rid of him did not solve the worst problems that the Imperial Russian family had.  Rasputin was a huge problem but not the worst, the Bolsheviks get that title.  I wish someone had put poisionin Hitler's pastries but that is a topic for a different thread. 

It seems to me that Alex was so strong minded, or narrow minded or mentally ill and had such an influence over her husband that no one could get near enough to him to make him accept good advice.   She seemed to stand in the way and no one could get around her.  And Rasputin was in the shadows manipulating everyone.  Nicholas did not seem to realize the depth of his problems and nothing could be done to change Nicholas and Alex's minds and save them, they first had to see how bad things really were.   By the time they did all was lost.

I think Alix was a depressed hypochondriac in the best times, and perhaps the illness of her much loved, desperately hoped for son tipped her over the edge into mental illness. It was too much for her to realize that he was sick because she had passed on the hemophilia gene to him.

One of history's great mysteries for me is how Rasputin was able to heal him. I don't accept that it was 100% hypnosis. How to explain the crisis at Spala, Poland where Alexei came so near death he was given the Last Rites, and Rasputin was able to heal him from St Petersburg?!  Shocked

Rasputin had some type of paranormal powers, imo. He predicted that if he was killed at the hands of the peasants, the family would be safe...but if members of the aristocracy brought him down the Romanovs would perish and with it the Imperial rule...and that is exactly what happened 18 months later.  Yikes

It was a tragic double edged sword that he was only man who could heal Alexei, but he introduced some dark and sinister force into the drama that contributed to the horrible deaths of the Romanov family.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

jumping in just to say keep going with this awesome thread nothing better than RD clever ladies discussing history  Banana

Seconded  Thumb up

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »

I think Alix was a depressed hypochondriac in the best times, and perhaps the illness of her much loved, desperately hoped for son tipped her over the edge into mental illness. It was too much for her to realize that he was sick because she had passed on the hemophilia gene to him.

One of history's great mysteries for me is how Rasputin was able to heal him. I don't accept that it was 100% hypnosis. How to explain the crisis at Spala, Poland where Alexei came so near death he was given the Last Rites, and Rasputin was able to heal him from St Petersburg?!  Shocked

Rasputin had some type of paranormal powers, imo. He predicted that if he was killed at the hands of the peasants, the family would be safe...but if members of the aristocracy brought him down the Romanovs would perish and with it the Imperial rule...and that is exactly what happened 18 months later.  Yikes

It was a tragic double edged sword that he was only man who could heal Alexei, but he introduced some dark and sinister force into the drama that contributed to the horrible deaths of the Romanov family.

That prediction might have been a lucky guess on Rasputin's part.  As peasant who travelled in both worlds, he saw a lot of writing on the wall.  The revolution was a long time coming.  Now, the healing powers that he had intrigued me - nobody really knows how he did it.  Maybe he didn't and Alexandra just thought he did. 

It's so disappointing that the story of his death was mostly legend.  It's such a fabulous story.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »

Oh, no doubt he knew the Revolution was coming. Anyone who wasn't an idiot or in a cave somewhere could see that.

But what I find fascinating is that he was able to predict what would happen if he met his death at the hands of an aristocrat vs. one of "the people"...and he knew that the dynasty itself would end with violence if he was done in by a member of the aristocracy.

How did he know that, and why did he believe that??

THAT is extraordinary and chilling to me, not that the fact that he predicted Revolution. Shocked
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:26 PM »

Oh, no doubt he knew the Revolution was coming. Anyone who wasn't an idiot or in a cave somewhere could see that.

But what I find fascinating is that he was able to predict what would happen if he met his death at the hands of an aristocrat vs. one of "the people"...and he knew that the dynasty itself would end with violence if he was done in by a member of the aristocracy.

How did he know that, and why did he believe that??

THAT is extraordinary and chilling to me, not that the fact that he predicted Revolution. Shocked

Couldn't that be viewed as a ploy by Rasputin to ensure his safety? (Just a guess)

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »

Little_star, it's a very intelligent guess...I never really thought of it!  Yes Star

Apparently St. Petersburg had been buzzing for weeks if not months that a plot was afoot to send the "holy devil" to his Maker.

He might have gotten wind that the aristo's were behind it, and to send out a warning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: