Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 170587 times)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2021, 05:02:33 PM »

Well from George's pow you can see it from two sides:

1) It's the ring of my mother and I won't buy you a new one. You're not worth it. It was good enough for mother it's good enough for you.

2) Seen in a positive way as the continuing of the dynasty. See and I got it from my mother and I now give to you.

I sincerely hope it's number 2.
I read the article as it was a ring that he wore as a teenager, like that signet ring the Prince of Wales wears. If it's a lovely ring for a lady, then that's fantastic.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2021, 09:01:03 PM »

They have done the first part of the marriage here at the betrothal ceremony. http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/ BTW, it looks like her ring is his old ring that he gave her, not a ladies ring. See the pic with the rings in the tray.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2021, 01:10:19 AM »

Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich was the first of the eighteen Romanovs executed during the Russian Revolution.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: March 05, 2021, 09:36:29 PM »

Save the date : Georgie and the former Rebecca now Victoria will tie the knot on October 1st, 2021 in St Petersburg. Grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDIMpbLElB/?hl=fr
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: March 06, 2021, 11:33:51 AM »

Save the date : Georgie and the former Rebecca now Victoria will tie the knot on October 1st, 2021 in St Petersburg. Grin

Thanks for the info  Wink Smiley
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: March 16, 2021, 09:07:03 PM »

I posted Rebecca's tiara pictures in the tiaras thread but here is a translation of the Point de Vue article about it.

http://www.russianlegitim...oM-lmlluGfpv9GYLT_x0e9l3I
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: March 16, 2021, 10:20:01 PM »

Yeah, OK.  I’m feeling the Portuguese marriage here, but there we are.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: March 16, 2021, 10:31:37 PM »

Yeah, OK.  I’m feeling the Portuguese marriage here, but there we are.

HA. They are always good for a laugh.

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: March 17, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »

I hope they livestream this wedding.

I need to see Tsarina Alexandra's reaction to all this.

I need a wedding I can get drunk watching.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: March 17, 2021, 07:28:12 PM »

I posted Rebecca's tiara pictures in the tiaras thread but here is a translation of the Point de Vue article about it.

If it's the one on her head in the little photo with the article, I wasn't crazy about it.   It might look better to me with a veil, though. 

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: March 17, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »

If it's the one on her head in the little photo with the article, I wasn't crazy about it.   It might look better to me with a veil, though. 

That's the one. Better views here

https://eurohistoryjourna...is-tiara-for-russian.html
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: March 17, 2021, 08:27:10 PM »

Someone help me out here.

The bride to be is:

Rebecca Victoria Romanovna Bettarini, soon to be PRINCESS VICTORIA ROMANOVNA.

But she was born as Rebecca VIRGINIA not Victoria! When did she change that name?

AND

If her husband is a “Grand Duke” (and he isn’t), wouldn’t she be a “Grand Duchess”?

AND

If he is an “Imperial Highness” then why will she be a Serene Highness?  Won’t that make this a morganatic marriage with kids unable to inherit?

And/OR

Doesn’t she have to convert to Russian Orthodoxy AND be of Royal blood to carry on the magnificent Romanov legacy handed to her by her soon-to-be MIL Maria Vladimirovna?  

And

Does MIL Maria Vladimirovna give you the same kind of vibes as Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg?

And

Am I noticing a distinctly wonky left eye on Miss Rebecca Virginia/Victoria?

So many questions!  So MANY!

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: March 17, 2021, 09:59:49 PM »

Is this the first time that a royal/imperial bride has announced her choice of the tiara before the actual arrival of the wedding day?
Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: March 17, 2021, 10:14:21 PM »

Yes. Mama Maria gave in and it's a morganatic marriage. If you read the the press release here it's made clear at the end Rebecca won't be a HIH Grand Duchess by marriage but HSH Princess. Any children will be HSH Prince/ss and not HIH Grand Duke/Duchess.

WE

GRAND DUCHESS MARIA OF RUSSIA

BY THE GRACE OF GOD

HEAD OF THE RUSSIAN IMPERIAL HOUSE

make it known to all that

Asking the Lord’s blessing, We are pleased to grant Our permission to Our beloved son and heir, His Imperial Highness The Tsesarevich and Grand Duke GEORGE of Russia, to enter into marriage with his chosen bride, the hereditary noblewoman Rebecca Virginia Bettarini, who, on 29 June / 12 July 2020, the Feast of the Holy Chief Apostles Peter and Paul, in the Cathedral of Ss. Peter and Paul in St. Petersburg, was received into Holy Orthodoxy with the name VICTORIA ROMANOVNA.

We deem it proper that VICTORIA ROMANOVNA should, from the moment of her marriage with Our son, have the right to use the dynastic surname Romanoff with the title of Princess and the predicate of Serene Highness.

Announcing this event, so joyful for Our heart, and entrusting the future of our Most August son and heir, H.I.H. The Grand Duke George of Russia, and his future wife to the almighty protection of the Heavenly King, with firm faith in His mercy, We have every confidence that Our countrymen will join their prayers with Ours to Almighty God for a happy marriage, prosperity, and the blessing of children.

Issued in Madrid on the 20th day of January in the year of Our Lord 2021, and in the thirtieth year since Our succession to the rights and duties of Our Most August Ancestors—the Emperors and Empresses of Russia.

As for why she chose Victoria as a name when she converted, it's after St. Victoria (probably a nod to her Italian heritage) and Grand Duchess Victoria Feodorovna, wife of Grand Duke Kirill Vladimirovich.

It was that or the end of the Vladimirovichi line. I sincerely thought Maria would have chosen the end of the Vladimirovichi line rather than give in and let Georgie marry a commoner. It was pretty apparent none of his cousins through Great Aunt Maria or Great Aunt Kira were all that interested.

Rest I can't answer. It looks like George and Rebecca are living in Moscow full time while Mama Dearest is staying in Madrid. That should give them some breathing room. Must annoy Maria though that after all that sucking up in Russia she still can't get access to the Russian Nuptial Tiara for her soon to be daughter-in-law. They probably pushed their luck getting access to the Vladimir Palace for the wedding.
Airlie (not the Countess)

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:13 PM »

Interesting that we get to see the tiara choice before the wedding and PdV is involved. I'd personally have picked a different one like the Bourbon-Parma one mentioned, but lucky her for having a choice, even if Dragon in Law couldn't get the Nuptial Tiara for her. I assume they're just being loaned it.

There seems to be some thought that HSH is a stepping stone to allow Mrs Pauline Laws a chance to save face and after a few years if they're still married she'll graduate to "Grand Duchess Of Nothing" Victoria Romanovna.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: