Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 96737 times)
CyrilSebastian

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2019, 11:46:41 PM »

Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna never once received her son Grand Duke Michael's morganatic wife, Madame Brassova and her son, Count George Brassov.
CyrilSebastian

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: April 21, 2019, 02:21:50 AM »

In her first years of marriage, the new Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna continued to be a Lutheran. However, over time, certainly with the example of her husband helping, she became convinced of the beauty and authenticity of the Orthodox faith. In 1891 she decided to formally convert and join the Russian Orthodox Church.
Kristallinchen

Big Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: April 21, 2019, 11:01:56 AM »

Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna never once received her son Grand Duke Michael's morganatic wife, Madame Brassova and her son, Count George Brassov.

I've often wondered, if the marriage would've lasted had Michael survived the revolution, considering Natasha had already two failed marriages.

Still those morganatic wives were, though not fully accepted in the family, brave enough to try to save their husbands. Olga Paley wanted to save GD Paul, Natasha drove to Moscow to personally speak to Lenin (of course she wasn't let through).

At least Prince Gabriels later wife Antonina Nesterovskaya was successful with the help of Maxim Gorky.

I think Maria Feodorovna could've at least received her. I think that Michael meant a lot to both of them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:38:18 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: