Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 144984 times)
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: January 31, 2020, 10:26:35 PM »

When Empress Anna Ivanovna ascended to the Russian throne, she was compelled to sign nine articles (conditions) limiting her power. She was not to marry. She was not to appoint a successor to the throne.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2020, 11:07:29 PM »

Two years after his coronation, Tsar Alexis I asked his courtiers to organize a bride-show so he could choose for himself a tsarina. He chose Euphemia Vsevolozhskaya as his bride. The wedding was called off when Euphemia fainted after the too tight crown was placed on her head. She and her family were sent into exile.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2020, 02:12:12 AM »

Grand Duke Mikhail Pavlovich, the son of Tsar Paul I   
http://www.alamy.com/gran...ntury-image345084927.html
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: March 13, 2020, 09:51:02 PM »

Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia (1819-1876) was the daughter of Tsar Nicholas I. In 1839 she married Maximilian, Duke of Leuchtenberg. She was an art collector and President of the Imperial Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: March 18, 2020, 10:02:50 PM »

In 1763 Empress Catherine II appointed Gregory Potemkin as assistant to the Procurator of the Holy Synod, who oversaw church administration and finances.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:16 PM »

Grand Duchess Natalya (Natalia) Alexeievna (1714-1728) was the daughter of Alexis Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia. Her brother Peter II became monarch in 1727. She was heir to the throne after Elizabeth and Anna.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2020, 04:04:41 AM »

Catherine I reigned as Empress from 1725 to 1727.   
Seen here in a rowing boat   
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...reigned-as-105368954.html
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2020, 10:47:06 PM »

Grand Duke Constantine Pavlovich at the Calvary Review on the Saxon Square in Warsaw in 1824   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/486777399
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2020, 09:19:16 AM »

The Empress Elizabeth of Russia was renowned for the fact that she never wore the same ball gown twice. She would change attire as many as six times a day.
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2020, 09:30:02 PM »

I just want the pleasure of seeing "Grand Duchess" Maria at the Generalissimo's wedding.  I suspect it would be epic. She'd put on her best mumu and her craziest face.

But for the fantasy to continue, he has to maintain the facade and marry "equally." If he doesn't, and remains heir, her whole life's effort in shitting on the rest of the family is wasted.

He won't marry until Mama Craycray is dead.

Such a shame.  I know there are some eligible "equal" ladies out there.  Can't he find one of them and have the sham marriage his mummy dearest has always wanted for him?  Please? We need a wedding for this special boy.  It would be such a delight for me.  Do it for me, Generalissimo.  I know there are some single Habsburg ladies or other German "royals" out there.  Or even better, please marry Olympia of Greece.  I would simply die of dishing happiness.

Well, well, well  Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce

http://eurohistoryjournal...-marriage-on-horizon.html
http://royalmusingsblogsp...eceived-into-russian.html

Earlier today in St. Petersburg, Rebecca Virginia Bettarini was received into the Russian Orthodox church. [...] She took the name Victoria Romanovna.  Victoria her patron Victoria of Rome. Romanovna was used in the 1600s as an imperial patronymic, according to Miss Bettarini, and it is closer to Roberto, which is her father's name.
Confused Crazy Whistle

Miss Bettarini has been the companion of  Grand Duke George of Russia for nearly 10 years.
Wait, what?

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna was unable to travel to Russia for the ceremony due to COVID-19.
Or nervous breakdown. I mean, come on, the girl is a commoner!  

Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: July 15, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »

Has Frau Hohenzollern finally given up? It's been apparent for ages no "princess" that meets the criteria was going to marry Georgie. Almost all of them are married off to other cousins now.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #476 on: July 15, 2020, 11:10:17 PM »

I saw speculation on twitter that she’s been negotiating with the church that the Pauline law (?) will be dropped so the line can continue. I must admit it would make for a potentially very interesting royal-ish wedding..
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2020, 02:22:20 AM »

Ahhh, was waiting to see the reactions on RD.

This deals a blow to her argument about equal marriages!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: July 16, 2020, 03:03:05 AM »

I saw speculation on twitter that she’s been negotiating with the church that the Pauline law (?) will be dropped so the line can continue. I must admit it would make for a potentially very interesting royal-ish wedding..

It's really odd because Maria is the product of an "unequal" marriage. Vladimir and Maria tied themselves into knots trying to justify how the marriage between Vladimir and Leonida was an equal marriage, but it wasn't.

It's not like it matters anymore. All of this stopped mattering back in March 1917 when the Romanovs were stripped of their titles.

I'm more interested at how the Romanov Family Association responds when Georgie finally gets married. Will they respond that this happy event in the Prussian royal family doesn't concern them? Who knows! I wonder if there are any Romanovs left that are on good terms with Georgie and Maria.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: July 16, 2020, 07:17:18 AM »

Is she pregnant? I can’t tell her age from the pictures
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: