Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downton Abbey  (Read 34681 times)
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2013, 08:05:50 PM »

He's dead. Julian Fellows has spoken out about the ending and they are currently casting new love interest for Mary next season. Dan Stevens and Jessica Brown Finley wanted to leave the show and that's why he killed their characters. I sobbed like a baby when Sybil died but Matthew didn't bother me too much. He was such a snooze fest.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »

http://social.entertainme...9be6fd4&ocid=ansent11

wouldn't it be great if matthew left conservatorship of his money and business to Tom  Tongue and his lordship had to (horrors) treat him equally.

I especially enjoyed the scenes with Mrs. Hughes and Mrs. Patmore (she cracks me up when she laughs  Jumping  and Mr. Carson with the baby  Hug precious

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

Those were some of the best scenes of the entire episode. I hope Isobel and the doctor end up together next season because they make a perfect match and she's going to need someone after she learns that Matthew kicks it. I was sooooo happy that Mrs Hughes sent that awful maid packing. I didn't want her to end up with Tom.
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »

...they are currently casting new love interest for Mary next season.

Oh Jeez...I was hoping Mary would mourn a bit before jumping back into the dating pool.  I'm still convinced the Canadian Titanic survivor is going to come back...maybe he and Mary will hook up, especially since Edith has moved on to her editor.  Or...she and Tom could find each other.  Mary seems to like to wear the pants in the family...I think she could handle Tom.  What a great story line season 3 had (other than the specter of death lurking around every corner, that is).  It'll be interesting to see if the two "dead" actors have made good or bad decisions about leaving Downton to "pursue other offers."    
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2013, 11:18:14 PM »

I hope we have some happiness for Edith next season. She's been so unlucky in love. I have a feeling her beaus spouse will die unexpectedly & there will be a specter of suspicion over him as they figure out what happened. After some hand wringing & longing looks, he will be cleared & Edith will throw a leash on him so when she drags him down the aisle he won't escape. ;p
AFA Mary, I think they will fast forward a year again. Mary will be deciding to start moving on & so enter the love interest.
Next season will be the 4th. I think 5-6 would be the perfect amount.
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

It was hard not to tell you all what happened every time this thread is updated...since I already know Matthew died. I'm glad it's all out in the open..phew! 

I can't wait for the next season.

Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »

He's dead. Julian Fellows has spoken out about the ending and they are currently casting new love interest for Mary next season. Dan Stevens and Jessica Brown Finley wanted to leave the show and that's why he killed their characters. I sobbed like a baby when Sybil died but Matthew didn't bother me too much. He was such a snooze fest.

I don't know why but Sybil's death hit me harder than Matthew's. I've been spoiled before watching the series so both deaths didn't really surprise me, but Sybil's last scene had me teary-eyed while seeing a bloody dead Matthew did nothing for me. I guess given how 'perfect' his and Mary's life seem to be you expect something bad like this to happen...

Without Matthew to curb her bitchiness will we see Mary unless her ice queen personality in Season 4 again?

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »

Matthew, liked him but blahhh. My husband knew he was going to die weeks ago, in his words, "He's way too perfect to go on."

I wonder what time period Downton will be set in next season. Maybe they'll jump ahead to the '30s, but probably not.
IMO, they should end the series when Downton is sold, probably in the 1950s when all those old estates were all kicking the bucket. If they jump ahead a decade each season, then there would be three seasons left.
Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »

I don't know why but Sybil's death hit me harder than Matthew's. I've been spoiled before watching the series so both deaths didn't really surprise me, but Sybil's last scene had me teary-eyed while seeing a bloody dead Matthew did nothing for me. I guess given how 'perfect' his and Mary's life seem to be you expect something bad like this to happen...

Without Matthew to curb her bitchiness will we see Mary unless her ice queen personality in Season 4 again?

Sybil was my fav. I was depressed for days when she passed! Still depressed that she isn't coming back...
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Marys-love-interest.html

When speaking to the New York Times, Fellowes said: 'We begin Series 4 six months later. We don't have to do funerals and all that stuff. That's all in the past by then.'

The distressed single mother will be courted by a new man in the form of Miranda heartthrob Tom Ellis. The 34-year-old actor, who is married to Tamzin Outhwaite,

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »

I predict that Scottish jazz-baby minx who is somehow related to Lady Violet will be a major distraction for Tom's stewardship of the estate in the season to come.

If I hadn't known in advance they were going to kill off Matthew, it became abundantly clear in the gag-moi lovey-dovey scenes between him and Mary in the final episode. Enough!

I had high hopes that O'Brien would head off to India as the new lady's maid for Lady Mrs. Countess Shrimpy. Alas, no such luck!

Best part of the final episode was the butler and Tom and Sybil's daughter. What an AWWWWW moment!
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »

It was hard not to tell you all what happened every time this thread is updated...since I already know Matthew died. I'm glad it's all out in the open..phew!  

You're one tough cookie, Fragrance!  I'd have spilled the beans long ago, had I known what was coming.  Thank you for being so thoughtful to those of us who had to wait until January for season 3.

And bumber...your suggestion about Rose and Tom is an excellent one.  She appears to want what she wants when she wants it and woe to anyone who gets in her way.  Poor old Tom is going to be toast if she gets him in her sights.  But I was happy that O'Brien didn't traipse off to India with Mrs. Shrimpy...she and her evil ways are one of my Downton faves.  "Back in the knife drawer, Miss Sharp!"  Love it.  
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:09:46 PM by Chris » Logged
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »

Noooo!!  Have just read that O'Brien is not returning to Downton for season 4!  I guess she's going to India with Mrs. Shrimpy after all.  Sunday nights won't be the same without Her Evilness.   
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2013, 01:50:16 AM »

I think they'll probably go the Tom/Mary route at some point, too.

Sybil's death was horrific because it was so real. I was useless for hours after I saw that episode. As a mother, it hit me hard.

Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »

Noooo!!  Have just read that O'Brien is not returning to Downton for season 4!  I guess she's going to India with Mrs. Shrimpy after all.  Sunday nights won't be the same without Her Evilness.   

Nooooooo!!  I love/hate O'Brien! I'm still hoping the she and Thomas would be friends again  No

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: