Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downton Abbey  (Read 34602 times)
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »

Next season will be the 4th. I think 5-6 would be the perfect amount.
I agree, they should not drag it on to long, tomany series has died a slow death, and if Maggie Smith quits they should quit the show as well, it would not be the same without her Nono
Maggie moments season 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3FRCHSdS8
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »

Did anyone watch the first ep. of season 4 in the U.S. a few nights ago? What did you think?
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:18 PM »

Bad soap opera. Great costumes, especially that green fancy outfit worn for the restaurant dinner. But they've already telegraphed most of the conflicts for the season--new lady's maid bad; Thomas evil as ever; Lady Mary stepping out of her catatonic state;  Mr. and Mrs Bates as saintly as ever and, as ever, falsely accused; Carson gruff but noble, etc. etc. etc. The only thing I liked is that Maggie Smith's aging process is showing up on Lady Violet's face and it's quite beautiful to behold. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »

I think Robert gets more irritating every season. I'm also really going to miss evil O'Brien--she was such fun!
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:04 AM »

I plan to be just like Lady Violet when I am her age.  In fact I might start being her now.  There are a lot of fools in my life who could do with a good, old fashioned tongue lashing.
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »

I think the writing was better this season. Without giving too much away, there were some quietly wonderful moments with peripheral characters. I liked this season more than last, but that's not saying much.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:34 PM »

SleepyV, season 4 just started in the U.S. a few days ago...how have you been able to see the whole season?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »

SleepyV, season 4 just started in the U.S. a few days ago...how have you been able to see the whole season?

I watched the entire season 4 here: http://watchseries.lt/season-4/downton_abbey
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »

Thanks, Lady A. Star Oh my, that's tempting! But I'm going to try and restrain myself and watch just 1 wk at a time... Smiley
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2014, 09:31:37 PM »

I watched it through torrents right after it aired in the UK. I've been doing this the past two season. Too many spoilers if I wait until it airs here, and I can't very well stay off Facebook and Twitter for four months to avoid them.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2014, 04:21:04 AM »

Well. Even though I knew what was going to happen in this episode, it was still harrowing...
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »

^^
In some ways, attitudes haven't changed.

On another note, I wonder if they will continue to show the addition of 'modern appliances' to the house.
We already know how Mrs Pattmore feels about mixers and how Mrs Hughes and Carson feel about a bread toaster.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »

I thought last night's episode was a real snoozefest Snore
Rescue

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2014, 12:10:43 AM »

I saw the entire series a few months ago, and I must say that all the episodes were a real snoozefest. Snore Snore Snore
A couple of times I didn't even want to watch the new episode because I thought the last one was so boring. However I will say that the christmas special was brilliant, and definitely something you should look foward to, it was almost as if the old Downton spirit returned in that episode. Yes
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »

I used to love this show, but I didnīt really like the third series so I am not sure if I will ever watch the fourth. I donīt like the development of the story. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: