Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 24523 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »

Princess Astrid celebrating her birthday in Brussels June 2, 2012.
She will be 50 years old on June 5, 2012.  Champagne

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »

Lovely family shots.
Is that Astrid's husband looking really proud to the right of the picture?
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 02:15:26 AM »

Yes, that´s Lorenz  Smiley

http://www.daylife.com/se...incess+astrid+2+june+2012

Princess Luisa Maria, Princess Louise and Prince Aymeric

Claire is not mad, she just ate cake. But Laurent, seriously  Huh?

MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:33:10 AM »

Astreed had too many children for the Belgian taxpayers to support.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 03:49:29 AM »

The Belgian Royal children look beautiful.  Thumb up
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 05:12:53 AM »

What are you suggesting, should she have farmed out or sold a few of them?  Thinking
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »

What are you suggesting, should she have farmed out or sold a few of them?  Thinking

Star KittyHeaven 

I don't think Astrid's kids are on tax payer support that much. The older ones at least seem to have gotten the message that they need to find their own way (which is a shame because we don't get to see Amedeo more than once a year because he actually works a regular job). And Lorenz made a fortune with his investment company, so unless they've taken a huge hit during the crisis, I doubt they get much taxpayer money. Astrid probably does because she does official engagements, but the children hopefully all figured out that they've got no future as full-time royalty.
joys54

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:05 PM »

I wonder why there's no pictures of Philip and Mathilde with their children there?  They must have had another commitment or I would think they would have been there too.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »

Astrid and Laurent get the same amount of money. At least Astrid works Whistle
Makreel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

the tallest guy on the pic is just  
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »

Star KittyHeaven 

I don't think Astrid's kids are on tax payer support that much. The older ones at least seem to have gotten the message that they need to find their own way (which is a shame because we don't get to see Amedeo more than once a year because he actually works a regular job). And Lorenz made a fortune with his investment company, so unless they've taken a huge hit during the crisis, I doubt they get much taxpayer money. Astrid probably does because she does official engagements, but the children hopefully all figured out that they've got no future as full-time royalty.

Thanks Chriss   Smiley...that is how I understood it as well. Astrid's children are not on the Dotation..or whatever it is called in Belgium. Lorenz is a very wealthy man indeed, and can well afford to send the eldest ones to the best schools money can buy which is exactly what has happened. Amadeo and Maria Laura are said to be well educated and brilliant..and both are pursuing careers outside the country. The last I heard was that Amadeo(who graduated from the very prestigious London School of Economics btw) was living and working in NYC. Maria Laura is studying Chinese in Beijing...or is it Hong Kong?

And none of this is on the taxpayer dime. Only Astrid receives $$ from the State because she carries out official duties.
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »

Star KittyHeaven 

Thanks Chriss   Smiley...that is how I understood it as well. Astrid's children are not on the Dotation..or whatever it is called in Belgium. Lorenz is a very wealthy man indeed, and can well afford to send the eldest ones to the best schools money can buy which is exactly what has happened. Amadeo and Maria Laura are said to be well educated and brilliant..and both are pursuing careers outside the country. The last I heard was that Amadeo(who graduated from the very prestigious London School of Economics btw) was living and working in NYC. Maria Laura is studying Chinese in Beijing...or is it Hong Kong?

And none of this is on the taxpayer dime. Only Astrid receives $$ from the State because she carries out official duties.

I think Laura is actually living in Shanghai. The children of Astrid and Lorenz seem to be intelligent, well-educated and most importantly seem to have their hearts and heads in the right place.
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »

I think Laura is actually living in Shanghai. The children of Astrid and Lorenz seem to be intelligent, well-educated and most importantly seem to have their hearts and heads in the right place.

They've figured out that they'd better not count on tax money and a lot of royal duties, at least. When you think about it, they're in the same position as the York girls, but they're not clinging to the royal life with teeth and claws. Amedeo especially; they had him in line to succeed Philippe eventually until Elisabeth was born, and he got the full heir-to-the-heir education and attention for a large part of his life. It's good to see that he isn't insisting on it and that he does his own thing instead. 
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »

Star KittyHeaven 

Aha...Shanghai..thanks SydneyLux! Smiley I know that she is pursuing Asian studies.

Astrid seems to have done a great job with her kids. No bar brawls, no crotch shots, no stumbling out of nightclubs drunk at 3am.  Shocked

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Amadeo is not interested in snakes. Cool Nono

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: