Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 73221 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »

is it just me or they really look a bit creepy in the photo? I always thought Amedeo was handsome and she's fine, but here it's like, I don't know, creepy. and the older kid looks weird while the other one is obviously adorable but he's holding him so weirdly.

I'll see myself out now, I am sorry.

I think it's not a great quality photo and they both look very tired, so maybe that's what's off?
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2019, 05:10:25 PM »

is it just me or they really look a bit creepy in the photo? I always thought Amedeo was handsome and she's fine, but here it's like, I don't know, creepy. and the older kid looks weird while the other one is obviously adorable but he's holding him so weirdly.

I'll see myself out now, I am sorry.

I think it's not a great quality photo and they both look very tired, so maybe that's what's off?

Yeah, maybe little Max doesn't sleep well at night and they're tired.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2019, 03:59:03 AM »

In the fifteenth century the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III gave the name of Maximilian to his son and eventual heir.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2020, 03:34:27 PM »

Belgium royal twitter and insta now seem to be properly covering Astrid's activities, and she's currently in India and Nepal on an official visit:

There's a specific focus on her work with anti-leprosy and anti-tuberculosis causes

Cool your jets, everyone
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »

Does it also have to do with her work for the Red Cross?
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »

There is no official confirmation, but rumors point to Prince Joachim of Belgium as the cause of a coronavirus outbreak in Córdoba (Spain). The press talks about an aristocrat or person from the Belgian royal house ... and Victoria, his Spanish girlfriend is from Córdoba.

https://www.elconfidencia...doba-coronavirus_2617419/
https://www.diariocordoba...ion-familiar_1372562.html

This person traveled by plane from Belgium to Madrid, and from Madrid by train to Córdoba. At this time movements are restricted in Spain and you cannot travel between different regions if it is not for work or for an important family need.

In Córdoba they organized a party with 27 people, something that the police are investigating and for which they will fine the attendees, because the maximum allowed for family or friends gatherings is 15 people.

The Belgian citizen tested positive for Covid the day after the party, and now all partygoers have been quarantined, and authorities will likely have to search for people who shared the train or plane with him as well.

fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2020, 02:46:28 PM »

There is no official confirmation, but rumors point to Prince Joachim of Belgium as the cause of a coronavirus outbreak in Córdoba (Spain). The press talks about an aristocrat or person from the Belgian royal house ... and Victoria, his Spanish girlfriend is from Córdoba.

https://www.elconfidencia...doba-coronavirus_2617419/
https://www.diariocordoba...ion-familiar_1372562.html

This person traveled by plane from Belgium to Madrid, and from Madrid by train to Córdoba. At this time movements are restricted in Spain and you cannot travel between different regions if it is not for work or for an important family need.

In Córdoba they organized a party with 27 people, something that the police are investigating and for which they will fine the attendees, because the maximum allowed for family or friends gatherings is 15 people.

The Belgian citizen tested positive for Covid the day after the party, and now all partygoers have been quarantined, and authorities will likely have to search for people who shared the train or plane with him as well.

We have had to bear one of the strictest lockdowns in Europe --at least. My blood boils when I think of all those  who haven't even been allowed to say goodbye to their dear ones or  be comforted by family and friends. All those left without work. All those elderly people in utter,dire isolation.
All these noble people skip all  rules to throw a party?! Really!? Shame on them!!
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »

Its interesting that they focus on Joachim (I can understand why) but there were 26 other people at the party, the whole thing shows contempt for the rest of the population as they seen to see themselves as above 'the ordinary folk' who the rules apply to.

That said, I feel sorry if this is used in anyway against the rest of the Belgian royals who have really done their part in all of this. I'd even extend that to Astrid and Lorenz, Joachim is a grown up so it can't reflect on them.
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »

Its interesting that they focus on Joachim (I can understand why) but there were 26 other people at the party, the whole thing shows contempt for the rest of the population as they seen to see themselves as above 'the ordinary folk' who the rules apply to.

That said, I feel sorry if this is used in anyway against the rest of the Belgian royals who have really done their part in all of this. I'd even extend that to Astrid and Lorenz, Joachim is a grown up so it can't reflect on them.
I meant all of them, obviously. But I don't know know  how many of those people travelled abroad just  for a party.
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »

The focus is on Joachim because he was the infected. Taking into account when he arrived in Córdoba and when he showed the symptoms, he traveled infected. He is the one who traveled from abroad and who will have to explain to the police if he did it legally or not, because at this time travel between European countries, and travel between Spanish regions are justified in very few cases. And he could benefit from his position to travel or to say a false justification.

The party organizers also broke the rules and they will be fined.
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2020, 06:03:54 PM »

I said about singling out Joachim as it sounded like he had just been one of 27 attending the party with possibly many of them travelling, now as we learn more facts it is clear Joachim was the only one to travel 'internationally'.

There's no justification for it and I'm sure the Belgian RF won't try to defend his actions.
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2020, 11:05:41 AM »

Joachim and his friends are idiotic spoiled brats.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »

According to sources I have read Joachim travelled to Spain for work. He was about to start doing an internship at a company. For work related reasons you are allowed to travel.
His long-time girlfriend Victoria Ortiz is from Cordoba. I guess it was only natural he wanted to see her after maybe quite a while apart. Lockdown measures were eased in Spain since about 2 weeks now. He probably thought it was ok.
According to some Belgian news sources it is not actually confirmed there were 27 people at the 'party'. A number of only 12 is also circulating. It is legal up to 15 people to gather right now in Spain, I believe. 27 might just be the amount of people he has been in close contact to and had to name for contact tracing.

Where and when he got infected; who knows. He might even have travelled infected already. I have no clue how you can prove you are not infected when travelling.

I read Astrid and lorenz will need to do a test so that would indicate he might already have been infected.
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »

I read somewhere that there were two parties - each with less than 27 people but that 27 people fro were identified as having come into contact with Joachim so needed to isolate (not including people in Belgium I guess). If his girlfriend is currently living with her family that could be a few people having a gathering to welcome him, invite a handful of friends and suddenly you are close to that 16 limit. It certainly seems as if it wasn't what was made out in the first instance - a huge party for 27 friends completely ignoring the rules.   

I guess until we know the full facts we shouldn't judge too much - that said it seems almost inevitable Joachim broke the spirit of the lockdown rules. 
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2020, 08:49:26 PM »

That was also my guess; like a 'welcome back' dinner or something.
Maybe the Spanish press making a mountain out of a molehill?

As far as I know Joachim has always been a respectable and responsible person and not the party animal type.

And what can you do when they throw you a welcome back party you might not have knowledge of? He might not even have been aware of how many people there would be.
How many people are actually gonna say 'wait hang on; there are more then 15 people here; some should leave'.
You have to be an extremely strong person to dare to say something.

If I just look at myself: I work at our a family owned shop and very often customers come too close. I am completelly intimidated having to tell someone to step back or keep their distance. I try to keep my distance as much as possible myself but this week I saw my father not being able to keep his distance from customers (who were not wearing mouthmasks) and I had to step in and tell them to step away from him.  I felt like I could crawl under a rock  Nerves ; I know I shouldn't and they're in the wrong but still ..... .

Just saying that social pressure can be very strong.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: