Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 62042 times)
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2020, 12:13:13 AM »

Joachim has apparently released a statement

“I apologize for not respecting all quarantine measures during my trip. In these difficult times I did not want to offend anyone. I deeply regret my actions and will accept the consequences. Joachim from Belgium

It's a translated version so there may be an error or two.
It is from here https://twitter.com/WDeha...tatus/1267168648847855625

I like that there are no excuses given just an apology.  suspect as eve the truth is somewhere in the middle, not good but not as bad as it is being made out.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2020, 12:21:12 AM »

Sevilla and Córdoba are different provinces. We Spanish citizens are allowed to move only within our own province still. And the quarantine imposed on foreign visitors will not be lifted until the end of June.
But of course, we southern Europeans love partying.
I have just read his apology. Good.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2020, 10:57:04 AM »

Anything done by Joachim was respectable or responsible, imo.

As Fruela mentioned, he travelled between two provinces, which is forbidden - he broke the law. And for me it does not matter if is was a small or big party, the principle itself is bad. It was because some idiots like this, thinking it was ok to visit and believing they were not infected, that some of the nastier outbreaks in Europe started.

I fully understand that being away from your loved ones in horrible. I was one of them. But I did the choice of not visit friends/family, to prevent infections.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:16 PM »

Astrid and Chocular reopening the Atomium

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2020, 07:42:47 PM »

If travelling between provinces within Spain is not allowed; why are there even trains driving between them then?  Thinking

Meanwhile Astrid has briefly commented on the case. She said Joachim was doing fine to the question as to how he was. She said she had no further comments and her body language read 'please don't ask me more'. She did confirm she and Lorenz tested negative.

My personal opinion is that I guess the truth lays somewhere in the middle. I find it sad he is being singled out. If I look around me (neighbours, friends, family, people in shops, etc) not even half respect the rules.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »

You have to maintain the minimal services on trains (and other transportantion) to ensure critical workers and other that could not work from home could commute. People live in diffent provincies and work in others. All other passengers were forbidden to travel, with heavy fines applied if caught and even jail time. The measures were more than public and "not knowing it" cannot be used as an excuse here.

The number of attendants seems to be near 30 indeed. Everyone is under quarenteen and being monitored by the health authorities in the region. Police is investigating because the gathering was illegal, and all party attendees were identified and contacted. It was actually his laywer in Cordoba that issued the apology statement in Spanish and in English, that was later translated and published in Belgium.

He was at the very best a dumb fool. Hope he learned his lesson and that no one gets seriously sick because of it.

Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2020, 09:14:39 PM »

Considering he was in Spain for work; that would allow him to travel, no? It is difficult to get flights these days so isn't it natural to get a flight to the capital and travel on by train to the final destination?
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2020, 01:13:52 AM »

Late to the comments but:

https://www.thetimes.co.u...ng-out-to-party-0khx357qf

It does seem that Joachim was extremely careless.  Which put many others at risk.  Terrible, "entitled" behavior & embarrassing for Phil & Til who have tried so hard to raise the profile of the Belgian RF during the crisis. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2020, 01:53:25 AM »

And he became a bit more international known, I heard him mentioned on Dutch news (even)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »

Considering he was in Spain for work; that would allow him to travel, no? It is difficult to get flights these days so isn't it natural to get a flight to the capital and travel on by train to the final destination?

Since mid-May that when you enter spain you are obligated to do a 14-day quarateen period. It's mandatory, no matter what was the reason for entering the country (work, vacation, family...). You are extricly forbidden to do any kind of travel during this period. You must self-isolate in the place of arrival.

He arrived in Madrid by plane on May 24, where he should have been in self-isolation for 2 week as the law mandates. But two days later, on the 26th, he travelled to Cordoba in the south of Spain to chill-out with his girlfriend family. He not only violated the mandatory quarateen but also violated the prohibition to move between regions.

IMO, doesn't matter if it was 10, 30 or 50 people in the party - frankly that is secondary at this point. He screw it pretty big the moment he decided to violated the mandatory quaranteen he should have done in Madrid.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2020, 10:43:43 AM »

Since mid-May that when you enter spain you are obligated to do a 14-day quarateen period. It's mandatory, no matter what was the reason for entering the country (work, vacation, family...). You are extricly forbidden to do any kind of travel during this period. You must self-isolate in the place of arrival.

He arrived in Madrid by plane on May 24, where he should have been in self-isolation for 2 week as the law mandates. But two days later, on the 26th, he travelled to Cordoba in the south of Spain to chill-out with his girlfriend family. He not only violated the mandatory quarateen but also violated the prohibition to move between regions.

IMO, doesn't matter if it was 10, 30 or 50 people in the party - frankly that is secondary at this point. He screw it pretty big the moment he decided to violated the mandatory quaranteen he should have done in Madrid.

I guess I probably thought nothing would get to him even a virus. Or at least that it wouldn't become this known....
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2020, 12:03:31 PM »

[/quot

I guess I probably thought nothing would get to him even a virus. Or at least that it wouldn't become this known....
e]

I guess

I probably thought nothing would get to him even a virus. Or at least that it wouldn't become this known....

Yes. Rightfully so. Covid excempts those with royal purple blood. NOT!

G Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2020, 12:56:54 PM »

[/quot

e]

I guess

I probably thought nothing would get to him even a virus. Or at least that it wouldn't become this known....

Yes. Rightfully so. Covid excempts those with royal purple blood. NOT!

G Snare

Another entitled prat who thinks rules don't apply...just consider his parents.... the Archduke of a defunct "empire" and the mother from a very dysfunctional royal family
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »

It is very odd you have to quarantine at your place of arrival. That would mean if you live 1 hour from Alicante for example you have to stay 14 days in Alicante near the airport without being allowed to travel to your house? I know plenty of people who travelled by car between Spanish provinces in order to get home to Belgium or Holland in the past weeks/months. This rule of not being allowed to travel between provinces is certainly not widely know to other European citizens it seems.
As a Belgian I am truly not surprised he was not aware he was not allowed to travel between provinces. I would probaly 'innocently' have made the same 'mistake'.
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2020, 11:08:23 PM »

It is very odd you have to quarantine at your place of arrival. That would mean if you live 1 hour from Alicante for example you have to stay 14 days in Alicante near the airport without being allowed to travel to your house? I know plenty of people who travelled by car between Spanish provinces in order to get home to Belgium or Holland in the past weeks/months. This rule of not being allowed to travel between provinces is certainly not widely know to other European citizens it seems.
As a Belgian I am truly not surprised he was not aware he was not allowed to travel between provinces. I would probaly 'innocently' have made the same 'mistake'.

We are living through a pandemic, it is the worst time for the whole world since WW2. Hundreds of thousands have died from COVID-19, we don't know how many have died because they were scared to go to hospitals or there were not enough beds and staff in hospitals. We don't know if there are going to be more waves in the near future. We will be dealing with the adverse effects for decades to come. People are starving, unemployed, suffering with mental health issues. Shall I go on? But yet, we have people who think they can freely travel without checking the rules in place in the country they want to go to, especially if that country is as affected as Spain - it's on the news, everyone can see that. This is not an innocent mistake, it is a criminal behaviour, of a spoilt brat may I add. There is no way to excuse or justify what he and his friends did, and it'd be really kind of you to stop trying to excuse him as a sign of respect to people who have died, who are left with lifelong negative effects on their health, who are essential workers risking their lives right now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: