Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 27491 times)
duchesse

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2013, 10:48:47 PM »

A few days ago Lorenz and Gloriae of Thurn u. Taxis attended some exhibition in Brussels. I have to admit that I haven´t seen them together for years. And now I´m thinking of that there might be more to it: Imagine what kind of a match this would be: Albert and Maria Laura..... Angel

http://www.gettyimages.ie...;EditorialProduct=Royalty

Getty has some pics of this
My13

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

VTM Royalty claims that Amedeo and Lili will announce their engagement.

http://www.allthingsroyal...loving-voor-prins-amedeo/
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/...Amedeo-gaat-trouwen.dhtml

Meh. Besides the title, succession, and BRF membership, he's a private citizen. No royal duties, no appanage, works for a living, doesn't even live in Belgium. Don't think it will change if and when he gets married.
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 03:03:54 PM »

My13, he is a great example of having it all and living a private life.  Smiley
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »

My13, he is a great example of having it all and living a private life.  Smiley

Yes But after the Madeleine blowback in Sweden, it will be interesting to see if the Belgians react the same way. Amedeo and Lili are living in NY, as Lili isn't Belgian, I don't expect Amedeo to move back. But unless Philippe passes a new royal decree, their children will be HRH Prince/ss of Belgium. Will Belgians be OK with princes and princesses of Belgium being born and raised in the US?

But unlike Madeleine, Amedeo doesn't get any taxpayer funds (IIRC), that could make a difference.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »

Amedeo has a Robert Pattinson vibe, and Lili is very aristocratic looking. a nice couple,let's hope they'll give us some juicy news asap
Bunnyluv

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 04:24:03 PM »

My13, he is a great example of having it all and living a private life.  Smiley

Yes But after the Madeleine blowback in Sweden, it will be interesting to see if the Belgians react the same way. Amedeo and Lili are living in NY, as Lili isn't Belgian, I don't expect Amedeo to move back. But unless Philippe passes a new royal decree, their children will be HRH Prince/ss of Belgium. Will Belgians be OK with princes and princesses of Belgium being born and raised in the US?

But unlike Madeleine, Amedeo doesn't get any taxpayer funds (IIRC), that could make a difference.

Like everything with PM, everything is on/off...still not 100% sure she gets tax $$$$$.  Also not sure the o'niell children will be HRH, just because Axel said they can be....does not mean they will be.  I remember reading some where the Axel said Chris can be a duke
However he turned down the title and I think he will turn down the titles for the kids.
If the both of them really wanted a title for their kids, they are smart enough to know that the kid should be born in the mother country, no excuses, period!!!!

Smiley

My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49:24 PM »

Bunnyluv - Since Madeleine is OT (sorry, my bad - I was using her to raise the issue of Amedeo and Lili living in the US) let's take it back to the Swedish forum. Smiley I'll see you in the Madeleine thread.

Back to Amedeo, what do the Belgians here think? Will Belgians be upset if Amedeo's future kids have Belgian royal titles, but they're born and raised in the US?
duchesse

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

I think an engagement is almost a certainty this year - there is no other reason why Amedeo would hide his private life so much over the past 7 years with this young lady and then suddenly go so public with their relationship.

So their children will be Princes/Princesses of Belgian. I honestly don't see the point in that decree. Amedeo will likely never have public duties representing Belgian and neither will his children. I would imagine the wedding will also probably take place in Italy - maybe a civil ceremony in Belgium, i dont know.

What will happen to his Habsburg (Austria - Este) titles? Im sure they too will pass to his children. Technically he is a Habsburg.

Also does anyone know where that photo on All Things Royal was taken? I can't find it in the current issue of Point de Vue. It looks recent
Helena B

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »

IMHO, Princess Astrid is the prettiest princess in Europe, and I say that without any limit of age.

And, please don't be offended, but this girlfriend of Amadeo's sure shares a lot of facial characteristics with his sisters. 
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »

But unless Philippe passes a new royal decree, their children will be HRH Prince/ss of Belgium.
He still needs Philippe's consent to marriage so their children can be HRH Prince/ss of Belgium. On one hand I don't see it being a big issue, on the other hand I can totally see Amedeo not asking. He is living a private life, I can recall seeing him once or twice a year and with Philippe having 4 children the succession is secured. I assume that Philippe and Laurent being childless for so long was the main reason behind the new decree. That's not an issue now and Astrid's children are "not needed" anymore. I may be wrong, but I predict that in the end Amedeo's and Lili's future children will be bearing just the Austria-Este titles.
Dottie Caterpillar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »

I am pretty sure his kids will inherit all the titles, he is a Prince of Belgium and a man (although I kinda find it sad that this still has quite the importance in today's world) and he is also a Habsburg and they just love their titles, whether they need them or not, so I can't see him passing on a title for his kids. But if he does, I will be positively surprised!
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2014, 01:44:44 AM »

But unless Philippe passes a new royal decree, their children will be HRH Prince/ss of Belgium.
He still needs Philippe's consent to marriage so their children can be HRH Prince/ss of Belgium.

Hi, lilith Hug  
It looks like the succession rights need consent to marriage, but the titles don't. Google translation of the 1991 decree:

Article 1. In public and private acts that concern, the Princes and Princesses from the immediate offspring of HRH Prince Albert, Félix Humbert Théodore Christian Eugène Marie, Prince de Liège, Prince of Belgium, will qualify Princes or Princesses of Belgium after their names.

Art. 2. The Royal Decree of 14 March 1891, calling Princes and Princesses of Belgium Princes and Princesses from the male and direct descendants of the late King Leopold I, is repealed.

So their children will be Princes/Princesses of Belgian. I honestly don't see the point in that decree. Amedeo will likely never have public duties representing Belgian and neither will his children. I would imagine the wedding will also probably take place in Italy - maybe a civil ceremony in Belgium, i dont know.

On one hand I don't see it being a big issue, on the other hand I can totally see Amedeo not asking. He is living a private life, I can recall seeing him once or twice a year and with Philippe having 4 children the succession is secured. I assume that Philippe and Laurent being childless for so long was the main reason behind the new decree. That's not an issue now and Astrid's children are "not needed" anymore. I may be wrong, but I predict that in the end Amedeo's and Lili's future children will be bearing just the Austria-Este titles.

I agree with both of you, Amedeo and his future children don't need titles, but I agree with Dottie Caterpillar, too, both sides of his family love being royal (Daddy's family will fake it if they have to, Mommy's is one of the only RFs left in Europe whose "spares" get appanages and taxpayer paid mansions Crazy). But the BRF is on shaky ground, so Philippe might rein it in.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »

Astrid, Lorenz, Amedeo and Lili attended the Roll Back Malaria Partnership reception in Brussels a few days ago

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »

January 30
Princess Astrid of Belgium attended a dinner organized by the FXB International Association in Geneva, Switzerland. (FXB International, also known as Association Fran?ois-Xavier Bagnoud, is an international development organization aimed at providing support for communities affected by AIDS and poverty. The organization was founded in 1989 by Albina du Boisrouvray.)

and lookie-loo who was there as well

Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2016, 03:32:39 AM »

January 30
Princess Astrid of Belgium attended a dinner organized by the FXB International Association in Geneva, Switzerland. (FXB International, also known as Association Fran?ois-Xavier Bagnoud, is an international development organization aimed at providing support for communities affected by AIDS and poverty. The organization was founded in 1989 by Albina du Boisrouvray.)

and lookie-loo who was there as well

Astrid looks rather good.  Her dress would be better without the mullet hem, but it fits well and flatters her.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: