Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF men and no wedding rings  (Read 6690 times)
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2012, 06:56:37 AM »

What gives? Will NEVER wore one, and now Eddie hasn't in like 5 months.

The joys of working nights and spending nights on the comp!
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »

Oh i am with you on the nights  Dead

I have noticed Ed hasn't been wearing his, which he has done since they married. He isn't wearing his other ring either.  It would appear only Charles wears his now. If i were Sophie or Catherine it woulld bother me that they don't wear rings as it is a sign of commitment.  It would bother mr more in Sophie's case as Edward did wear his til recently.  Maybe it is a sign of another seperation coming!  Whistle

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »

Or maybe he has either lost or put on weight and it no longer fits.

Let's not go seeing problems based on the non-wearing of a ring - there could be a set of reasons besides the marriage going sour.
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »

luvchaz.. I can see your side, but I don't know about the weight thing for not wearing. I know Diana's was resized a lot forher bc of her weight issues. I just find it odd for those two; I think it's mostly sad if something has ended. I was hoping one of the queen's kids would get it right.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...e-St-Pauls-Cathedral.html

Good video here of will/kate car arguing, also around 2min in you see the wessexes. Sophie gives me a p---ed off vibe here.
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »

luvchaz.. I can see your side, but I don't know about the weight thing for not wearing. I know Diana's was resized a lot forher bc of her weight issues. I just find it odd for those two; I think it's mostly sad if something has ended. I was hoping one of the queen's kids would get it right.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...e-St-Pauls-Cathedral.html

Good video here of will/kate car arguing, also around 2min in you see the wessexes. Sophie gives me a p---ed off vibe here.
I can honestly say I cannot seen them arguing at all. I will say though that kate is looking rather unattractive lately 
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »

I see no argument there either

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »

I don't think it's a big deal if a man doesn't wear his wedding ring. Smiley

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »

I didn't see any arguing - just them walking to their own car and entering it.  I know on another board someone mentioned the fact that Kate had to walk around the car to get in but that is actually a security thing - William gets in first and then if there is an issue the car can take him to safety.  Afterall Kate isn't all that important - he can always find another wife but he is the 2nd in line.

Sophie looked happy and smiling to me as well - and was clearly wearing her rings. 
Lala

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »

I'm with you on this one, however it is a bit odd that a man who's worn one for years suddenly stops. Hope there's nothing to it. Ed and Sophie aren't exactly love's young dream but I always thought they seemed content with their lot.
SeenItAllBefore

Medium Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Doubtful Kitteh does not believe the hype.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 02:31:54 PM »

I'm with you on this one, however it is a bit odd that a man who's worn one for years suddenly stops. Hope there's nothing to it. Ed and Sophie aren't exactly love's young dream but I always thought they seemed content with their lot.

I think Ed and Sophie are fine, and he's probably got dermatitis, or fat fingers or is just sick of wearing it.  I doubt that he would do this knowingly, he wouldn't want to stir up gossip.  If there were problems, he would keep them under wraps or there would be a dignified separation.

Both the DoE and Charles have "sausage fingers" so maybe Ed is developing them too?

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine
julygal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »

The wedding ring business never bothered me.  Until I was an adult I did not even realize that some men wore wedding rings since my father did not and I guess I paid no attention.  My father by the way loved and took care of my mother, who became sick 10 years into their marriage until the day she died.  He was totally faithful.  When he remarried as a man in his sixties he also did not wear a ring.  But my stepmother adored him and he was a wonderful husband.

A ring is just a ring. Smiley
Lolly

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »

My dad wore one for years, but he kept misplacing it when he took it off to do yardwork, repairs, etc. The last time he took it off, it got damaged. Now he just leaves it off. Western men simply aren't used to wearing jewelry and caring for jewelry the way women are.
Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »

Just curious, does this ambivalence about wearing rings also extend to women?  Confused  Would it be okay if Kate didn't wear her rings?

It bugs me a bit that it's supposedly all right for men not to wear rings, but women must. I don't like the way jewelry feels in general and so rarely wear it; I used to not wear my wedding ring either for the same reason, but it bugged my husband so now I wear it when we/I go out. It didn't have anything to do with the relationship. (Still don't like rings though.)
julygal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

I think it comes down to tradition.  A ring for the woman is a part of the Christian wedding ritual - "with this ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship".  There was nothing like that for men.

The tradition of a groom giving his bride a wedding ring at their marriage stems from ancient history.  A bride giving her groom a wedding ring however is a much more recent tradition.  Many men nowadays wear wedding rings as a symbol of their wife’s love and the everlasting commitment they have made to each other with their marriage.

Wedding rings for men came into popularity in the 1940′s during World War II.  U.S. soldiers on their way to war adopted the custom of wearing wedding rings as a reminder of their wives for themselves and for all to see.  Since then, wedding rings for men have steadily gained in popularity

Long traditions tend to last longer.  In the end it is up to you of course.
Lala

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »

Just curious, does this ambivalence about wearing rings also extend to women?  Confused  Would it be okay if Kate didn't wear her rings?

It bugs me a bit that it's supposedly all right for men not to wear rings, but women must. I don't like the way jewelry feels in general and so rarely wear it; I used to not wear my wedding ring either for the same reason, but it bugged my husband so now I wear it when we/I go out. It didn't have anything to do with the relationship. (Still don't like rings though.)

If Kate didn't wear her rings it would be immediately commented on, lots of tut tutting and speculation. Sad but society seems to have been conditioned that way I'm afraid.

Anyway this scenario will never happen, now that she's got it she will never NEVER give it up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: