Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF men and no wedding rings  (Read 6028 times)
RedneckTex
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »

Hmmm, I dont see them arguing. (drat!)

She still acts like a fragile flower; holding her clutch with both hands infront of her like a chastity belt, slumped shoulders, and that "afraid" look on her face.  Makes me wanna throw an egg at her.  This could be why she was bullied in school, people can tell it is just a put-on:  wanting sympathy/protection/extra consideration from everybody she encounters. 

Her personality is just like that Empress Alexandra from Russia--the LAST empress of Russia.  It is fakery.  She can't walk with any confidence, because she hasnt done anything that generates confidence.  Her "successes" in life have always been dependent on someone else.   Sad

No tolerance for fakery.   Nono
Lala

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

Makes me wanna throw an egg at her. 

Laughing Star
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »

I don't think it's a big deal if a man doesn't wear his wedding ring. Smiley

I'm with you on this one, however it is a bit odd that a man who's worn one for years suddenly stops. Hope there's nothing to it. Ed and Sophie aren't exactly love's young dream but I always thought they seemed content with their lot.

I think Ed and Sophie are fine, and he's probably got dermatitis, or fat fingers or is just sick of wearing it.  I doubt that he would do this knowingly, he wouldn't want to stir up gossip.  If there were problems, he would keep them under wraps or there would be a dignified separation.

Both the DoE and Charles have "sausage fingers" so maybe Ed is developing them too?

Ed definitely already has the "sausage fingers", sadly.  I agree that Edward would not want to attract attention, he hates the media (considering he worked for them), so I would say he has chose to not wear them for his own reasons.

I think men wearing rings is a personal thing, all the men in my family wear them but other families donít wear them.  It is more acceptable for men to not wear them, but I would prefer if the man I marry wears one.  I feel it shows commitment, but that is just a personal opinion.  It would bother me in Sophieís case if my husband wore one initially and has now chosen to not wear one.  But I guess it works for them.  I donít see Sophie looking pissed off in the photo, and she is wearing her rings but she always wears them.  I donít think I have ever seen her not wear her rings.  It is different for women to not wear them, especially in the Royal family.  Imagine the stories that would arise if Catherine was caught not wearing her rings.  Gawd, Iíd dread the headlines.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
SeenItAllBefore

Medium Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Doubtful Kitteh does not believe the hype.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »

Makes me wanna throw an egg at her. 

Laughing Star

Star for our Rednecked friend

Great quote  Laugh bounce Banana

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 10:59:34 PM »

I don't think it's more than just personal preference. I've stopped wearing mine, my husband almost only takes it off when he's baking
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »

I don't think it's more than just personal preference. I've stopped wearing mine, my husband almost only takes it off when he's baking

You lucky girl!  Star for your husband!  Star  Thumb up

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 05:11:23 AM »

Star Maria! Glad I'm not the only one whose husband wears their ring more often than I do!

choux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »

Aristocratic British men often do not wear wedding rings.  Instead they wear their family signet rings.  Some have a thin band they wear under their signet ring. Perhaps Edward has started wearing his ring next to a signet ring so it's not actually visible? More info on aristocratic men who don't wear wedding rings here:

http://www.britishroyals....s-revelations-from-harry/

Men wearing wedding rings is actually quite a new tradition.  When World War Two broke out and many young men faced lengthy separations from their wives, men began wearing wedding bands as a symbol of their marriages and a reminder of their wives.

In William's case I hardly think it matters if he wears a ring or not - he's hardly going to be able to anonymously chat up women in bars while not wearing one and he went through the most spectacular public wedding ever as a symbol of his commitment to Waity!
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »

Edward had worn his next to his signet ring but now he wears neither.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 01:34:23 AM »

Edward had worn his next to his signet ring but now he wears neither.

If he's no longer wearing either perhaps he's developed an allergy to gold.
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »

I guess the whole world knows theyre married, and to whom, so no need to wear a ring. My ex husband was skylarking in the pool on our honeymoon, and nearly lost his finger due to the ring getting caught on the slide, so he no longer wore it after that either
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 02:07:21 AM »

Prince William does not wear a wedding ring and here's why   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwv3YEu7mZI
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 02:10:47 AM »

If you watch Ed and Sophie's wedding, he puts on a band on his pinky/signet ring finger during the ceremony after she gets her band. Not sure why a lot of Brit royal men don't wear one. The European royal men wear them, but Letizia never wears hers, but wears other rings.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2021, 02:41:31 AM »

My dad stopped wearing a wedding ring when he became a test pilot and one of his colleagues lost his ring ringer when his wedding ring caught on something as he had to do an emergency ejection from a doomed aircraft.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: