Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Hannover  (Read 24432 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »

I posted this in a wrong thread previously and couldn't find any other general thread, so I opened one for all kinds of Hannover things

June 29
Ernst August lunches on Ibiza with friends

As last year, holidays Prince Ernst August of Hanover is vacationing in Ibiza. Let's hope he does not go to hospital this time too.

As you may recall, went Prince Ernst August hospitalized last summer after severe abdominal pain - as usual, caused by his drinking. At his side was the young prince's girlfriend Simona who caused headlines in Germany. Ernst August is actually still married to Princess Caroline, they are not divorced yet is a mystery. In addition, his young girlfriend Simona worked as a "model" in a legal brothel chain in Austria ...  And now the Prince is on holiday in Spain and partying on Ibiza and the first thing he did after arriving at the airport was going to a restaurant with friends.

Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »

Ah yes...Ernie of Hanover.  One of my fave snarks.  Thanks PeDe.  Remember our long discussions about Euro-trash on another thread?  Well, for those of you who still aren't sure what it looks like,  this is a series of pictures of aging Euro-trash.
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

I guess our Derfie is a bit of a choir boy compared to Ernst August!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »

Choir boy?!!  I'd say he's a eunuch compared to Ernie of Hanover.
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »

My answer from the other thread  Wink

Oh my, he looks worse every time we get to see pictures of him. Btw, why is this in the Hohenzollern thread? He's a Welf Thinking Anyways, his oldest son was in Hannover today for the parade of the Schützenfest (I think it's something like marksman's festival in English), where he marched alongside the mayor. In recent years he gets more and more active in Hannover and the region. I remember many years ago, EA sen. was equally involved and attended many events and was a welcome guests at events. Politicians and dignitaries liked to be photographed with him, but naturally that changed due to his behaviour Oh, and the most involved was Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia, daughter of the last Kaiser, who married EA sen. grandfather.

SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »

Does anyone know whether EA has always been like that? I only really got interested in royalty in the early 2000's so in the height of the peeing and beating incidents. First thing I remember about EA is his wedding to Caroline and the birth of Alexandra. I grew up near the town his sons were born in so some journalists thought that Caroline might give birth there and thus tried to get information from the midwives at the hospital (one of them was a friend of my mother's).

Ernst Junior in Hannover today.

On his right are the mayor of Hannover, Stephan Weil, and the prime minister of Lower Saxony, David McAllister.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »

My answer from the other thread  Wink

Oh my, he looks worse every time we get to see pictures of him. Btw, why is this in the Hohenzollern thread? He's a Welf Thinking Anyways, his oldest son was in Hannover today for the parade of the Schützenfest (I think it's something like marksman's festival in English), where he marched alongside the mayor. In recent years he gets more and more active in Hannover and the region. I remember many years ago, EA sen. was equally involved and attended many events and was a welcome guests at events. Politicians and dignitaries liked to be photographed with him, but naturally that changed due to his behaviour Oh, and the most involved was Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia, daughter of the last Kaiser, who married EA sen. grandfather.

Didn't EA basically pass the "headship" of the house to his son a year or two ago?

EA junior in Berlin yesterday:

And today in Hannover:

He also attended the wedding of Queen Paola's grandniece with his brother and their mother.

PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »

EA sen is still head of the house, while EA jun is the owner of the family's castle. I think EA jun looks as terrible as his father, while his younger brother looks much more like their mother Chantal (who was Caroline's best friend, when EA and C started their relationship)
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »

In 2004 EA sen signed over the German properties to his oldest son, some media at the time said that he signed them over to both sons but I somehow doubt that. After that there was the big sale in 2005 and last year he sold Calenberg manor.

The Berlin thing was last week, it was the summerparty of Lower Saxony.

Btw, EA jr. didn't want to give an interview this morning.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:49:00 PM by SydneyLux » Logged
LucyintheSky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »

EA sen is still head of the house, while EA jun is the owner of the family's castle. I think EA jun looks as terrible as his father, while his younger brother looks much more like their mother Chantal (who was Caroline's best friend, when EA and C started their relationship)
Isn't he dating a fashion designer? All 3 hannovers seem to keep a low profile it seems. I've yet to see a picture of either 2 EA sons with Alexandra like you see w her Monaco siblings

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 05:32:22 AM »

Isn't he dating a fashion designer? All 3 hannovers seem to keep a low profile it seems. I've yet to see a picture of either 2 EA sons with Alexandra like you see w her Monaco siblings

I have a feeling she hasn't spent much time with the two EA sons.  In fact, you don't see many pictures of Alexandra with her father, either.  She appears to be being raised only by her mother and is very much a Grimaldi...despite the fact that she looks a lot like her father, poor child.
LucyintheSky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »

I have a feeling she hasn't spent much time with the two EA sons.  In fact, you don't see many pictures of Alexandra with her father, either.  She appears to be being raised only by her mother and is very much a Grimaldi...despite the fact that she looks a lot like her father, poor child.
Aww that wouldn't be good! Seems like the H boys are still a part of the Monaco family, but I do think it's weird no pics of their dad or themselves w Alexandra. They can't be that private can they?!

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »

I think it's telling that we don't get to see pictures of Alexandra with her father, though of course it could be possible that they prefer to meet on private property looking at EA's trackrecord with the press. About her brothers... I guess there is not much of an interest out there. EA jun. and Christian aren't well known and the only pictures of them we get are at official events or when they are out and about with the Casiraghi bunch. I think the only paparazzi shots of them not relating to their stepsiblings were taken in the late 90's together with their mother, after the divorce or when their dad got remarried.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »

In 2004 EA sen signed over the German properties to his oldest son, some media at the time said that he signed them over to both sons but I somehow doubt that. After that there was the big sale in 2005 and last year he sold Calenberg manor.

The Berlin thing was last week, it was the summerparty of Lower Saxony.

Btw, EA jr. didn't want to give an interview this morning.

Thanks, I saw it posted the day before yesterday and just assumed that's when it took place.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

September 25
Hereditary Prince Hands Over Brunswick Lion to the City of Blankenburg
Finally, the Brunswick Lion will stay in Blankenburg for at least the next thirty years as a loan agreement was signed by the mayor of the city and Hereditary Prince Ernst-August.
During the event that marked the ceremonial handing over and the signing of the agreement, the Hereditary Prince stated in his speech that he would like to have an open and better relationship with the city in the future. The mayor said that he wishes for the city and the House of Hanover to grow a close bond in the years to come.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: