Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Hannover  (Read 87303 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2020, 09:44:27 PM »

Addition is an horrible beast. I have seen loved ones completely disappear, being destroyed by alcohol  No

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »

I know when my late, alcoholic ex was drinking a LOT he'd start to have hallucinations.  Very, very disturbing hallucinations.  I bet this is what is happening with EA.  Just really sad. 

Itís very typical of late stage alcoholism.  Theyíll dry him out, turn him loose, repeat, repeat until he dies in a year or so.

When I saw a new post in this thread my first thought was that he had died.

I do so hope his children do not suffer the same affliction.

The same overhere.

EA and alcohol, while his younger brother and his wife died of drug overdose related issues.

Sadly addiction can have a genetic component to it.  Both my grandfather and uncle had problems so knowing that it can run in families my dad (and mom) were very careful in how the educated my sister and I about addictive substances (drugs, alcohol, etc).  Hopefully his children realize that they have a real potential of being at greater risk of addiction then the general population and live their lives accordingly.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2020, 01:47:10 PM »

I know when my late, alcoholic ex was drinking a LOT he'd start to have hallucinations.  Very, very disturbing hallucinations.  I bet this is what is happening with EA.  Just really sad. 

Itís very typical of late stage alcoholism.  Theyíll dry him out, turn him loose, repeat, repeat until he dies in a year or so.

The same overhere.

EA and alcohol, while his younger brother and his wife died of drug overdose related issues.

Sadly addiction can have a genetic component to it.  Both my grandfather and uncle had problems so knowing that it can run in families my dad (and mom) were very careful in how the educated my sister and I about addictive substances (drugs, alcohol, etc).  Hopefully his children realize that they have a real potential of being at greater risk of addiction then the general population and live their lives accordingly.

Sad indeed.

An simple article about the genetic predeposition (in Dutch):  https://dekennisvannu.nl/...kt-welniet-verslaafd/8782

"...Wondering if you have a predisposition to alcoholism? Just run through your family members in your mind. If there are many addiction-prone types, it is likely that you are hereditary.

According to Professor Jacqueline Vink of the Radboud University, the number of problem drinkers in your family is the best indication of possible genetic baggage for the time being. Because there are no tests yet. ďWe know that addiction can be explained 50 to 60% genetically. But we've only mapped a handful of genes, and they only explain a few percent of that hereditary burden. So we know there are more genes related to addiction, but which ones? No idea."

It is now known that many of these unknown 'addiction genes' do not distinguish between cigarettes, drinks or sweets. ďIt used to be thought that there are separate genes for smoking and alcohol addiction. But there appears to be a great overlap. Ē So the smokers, drug users or sugar addicts among your family members also count.

Binge drinking gene
Detecting genes is computer work. The DNA of thousands of addicts, social drinkers, non-drinkers and everything in between is presented to the computer. It looks at whether it can find genetic variations that are more common among problem users. If such a variation is close to a gene, that gene is suspect. Further research into the function of that gene must then show what it 'does': whether it indeed influences substance use and addiction behavior.

The results of the largest genetic study on alcohol consumption ever were recently published. There, a gene that seems to regulate lust in alcohol, called β-Klotho, rolled out. People with a certain variant of that gene drank much less alcohol than people with a different variant. It was soon dubbed the binge-drinking gene, as it would explain why some keep on refueling and the rest stop after a few drinks. The researchers hope that the discovery will lead to the development of drugs that help reduce problem drinkers.

Sensitive to addiction does not addict
What could addiction genetics yield in the future? Once addiction genes have been identified, will teenagers who have those genes be placed in a counseling program preventively?

Vink: ďPrevention is difficult. Because of the group that is genetically susceptible to addiction, only a small number of people actually become addicted. Ē Whether your genetic sensitivity is expressed is a matter of circumstances. After all, 50 to 60% hereditary predisposition means that 40 to 50% of environmental influence remains - think: wrong friends or traumatic experiences. So the greatest risk is people who have a high genetic sensitivity and who have negative environmental influences. "But a preventive measure would take the whole group of" genetically sensitive, "including those who would never become addicted. I don't think people want that. And that would also be a very expensive joke. Ē

What the genetics could yield is a more effective, personalized treatment method for addiction. Research among smokers who wanted to quit found that quitters with a particular genotype benefited more often from nicotine patches than quitters who did not have that variant. Vink: "If we have better identified those genes for smoking and alcohol, we can develop tests to determine which treatment is most effective for which addict."...."
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »

The same overhere.

But is it more the genes or rather putting up the bad habits from your parents, when seeing it?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2020, 03:11:33 PM »

He's getting worse:

https://www.bunte.de/roya...he-polizisten-nehmen.html

Two days ago, Ernst August took a taxi from his estate to the police station in Scharnstein to take revenge on the two police officers who had sent him to the psychiatric ward. He rioted in front of the guard and threatened to beat up the two officers with a baseball bat that he had brought with him. However, the police officers were not on duty, so he insulted two policewomen who were on night shifts and then had his taxi driver bring him back home again.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »

He's getting worse:

https://www.bunte.de/roya...he-polizisten-nehmen.html

Two days ago, Ernst August took a taxi from his estate to the police station in Scharnstein to take revenge on the two police officers who had sent him to the psychiatric ward. He rioted in front of the guard and threatened to beat up the two officers with a baseball bat that he had brought with him. However, the police officers were not on duty, so he insulted two policewomen who were on night shifts and then had his taxi driver bring him back home again.

He is really going  Crazy Nerves
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »

his children should do something, they can't let him like this  Sad
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »

Iím not sure what the laws are in Europe but itís very difficult for adult children to legally do anything about a wayward parent unless they go to court to take full conservatorship.

Probably the person with the legal responsibility would be his wife.

I feel sorry for Alexandra.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »

Iím not sure what the laws are in Europe but itís very difficult for adult children to legally do anything about a wayward parent unless they go to court to take full conservatorship.

He's an adult and while it's sad to say no one can force him to do anything. As long as he doesn't commit a serious crime (I mean like driving drunk and killing someone) there's no way he'll have to stay in any institution.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2020, 04:05:59 PM »

Yes, it's very hard in the US at least to get a parent committed or to power of attorney over them. They have to be a risk to themselves or others but in my experience that risk has to be shown over and over before the authorities actually step in.

I'd be surprised if his sons weren't already talking to the lawyers for the estate to take guardianship of him which will really set him off. I don't know what's going to get him first, his liver giving out or having a stroke from one of his outbursts.

Poor kids.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »

I have a cousin who is mentally ill and does not believe it. My aunt has tried for years to get some control over the situation - as he does not agree there were nights he had been arrested rioting and he was home three hours later. It is the same here. He is entitled to his personal freedom.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »

I have a cousin who is mentally ill and does not believe it. My aunt has tried for years to get some control over the situation - as he does not agree there were nights he had been arrested rioting and he was home three hours later. It is the same here. He is entitled to his personal freedom.

Just curious - threatening police officers with a baseball bat isnít something they could use against him?  I think they would make good witnesses.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

This is Austria, in Germany, sadly, the police is nowhere as strict as the police in the USA. They would surely report him and there will be a court case, but they won't arrest him over it (unless he harms a person).
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »

Just curious - threatening police officers with a baseball bat isnít something they could use against him?  I think they would make good witnesses.

He'll probably get money fined, if found guilty, but no one would put him into prison/alcoholic institution for it.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »

This is Austria, in Germany, sadly, the police is nowhere as strict as the police in the USA. They would surely report him and there will be a court case, but they won't arrest him over it (unless he harms a person).

Austria is not so much different than Germany in this.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: