Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's play cupid ,who would you choose for Harry ?  (Read 99931 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »

Alex wouldn't work. She is catholic and would have problems with having her children brought up as non-catholics. 
Kemenate

Micro Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2017, 09:38:38 PM »

I would pair him up with Lottie Moss, she is cute and wild. :-)
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2017, 01:12:39 AM »

Harry needs stable not wild IMHO
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2017, 02:26:52 AM »

Since the very 1st time I saw this topic I am about to say "me, me" in a Meredith Grey way like "pick me, chose me, love me" (what a great scene btw!) but, on the other hand, I don't feel comfortable at all to change from greek-orthodox to any other dogma and I wouldn't like to be forced not to work (in the traditional way). If we had kids, however, I wouldn't mind if they were in the anglican church or any other dogma. So, I wouldn't marry him but I would gladly have a relationship with him.
HighFly

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »

Alex wouldn't work. She is catholic and would have problems with having her children brought up as non-catholics. 

Is is it a big difference between catholics and protestants? I am an orthodox christian so to me it is all same...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2017, 03:32:02 PM »

Is is it a big difference between catholics and protestants? I am an orthodox christian so to me it is all same...

IMO it isn't, but opinions differ
I am brought up (rather progressive) catholic, and I grew up in surrounding where the protestant faith(s) were relatively expressed the most (even while for some parts the catholics were a majority). Including the (very) conservative protestants.
For the extremes on both sides the differences are too big, while I have seen several "interfaith" marriage/relationships. Sometimes one of the partners convert, while with other couples both spouses keep their own religion.
HighFly

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2017, 04:00:59 PM »

IMO it isn't, but opinions differ
I am brought up (rather progressive) catholic, and I grew up in surrounding where the protestant faith(s) were relatively expressed the most (even while for some parts the catholics were a majority). Including the (very) conservative protestants.
For the extremes on both sides the differences are too big, while I have seen several "interfaith" marriage/relationships. Sometimes one of the partners convert, while with other couples both spouses keep their own religion.

Thank you. Alex is my choice also, she is beautiful and modest, excellent choice...
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »

I agree - can't see the Lux RF too happy about that suggestion - she has a low profile and he has a playboy reputation - not the sort of person Henri and MT would wan't to have dinner with . . . . about as likely af Charles being paired with Marie Astrid back in the day
Santacruz

Warned
Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »

In real life I would suggest that a guy like Harry should continue to have fun and NOT to get married.
No matter who he chooses, he will continue to party and have affairs. Like (nearly )all aristocrats do. So I am not so much into this dreamy  fairy tale blabla of who should marry who.
In the end royal marriages are about wedding Pictures , positive PR and producing the next generation of tax paid snobs. Sorry for being a spoilsport.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »

someone who won't put two babanas in love on her instagram to insinuate they are together, it's the best i can wish for this not very bright boy  Roll Eyes
Herazeus
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2017, 10:03:56 PM »

Firstly, Catholics and Protestants are ALL christians. Protestants are only slightly variables from catholics, and the difference is in the name ie they are catholics protesting the catholic church. This protestation occurred when regular people finally read the bible, such as it was, for themselves and realised the following things that contradicted Catholic teachings and practise.

1. It wasn't a sin to read the bible for themselves. No need for a priest to read a bible to them.
2. They could have a personal relationship with god and talk directly to god. No need for a priest to intercede for them.
3. God is singular not a trinity ie god the father, god the son and god the holy spirit
4.only god forgives. No need to confess every week to a priest.
5. Most things deemed 'sins' by the church were not sins at all.
6a 2nd Comandment. In the protestant bible, this reads: thou shall not make images of me nor worship false gods. The catholic church is full of saints, altars, paintings, frescos, murals, holy relics that were/are worshipped.
6b. 2nd Commandment. In the catholic bible, this reads: thou shall not take the lords name in vain. Church doctrine interpretes this to mean you can't break any oaths or vows made, and you shall venerate god's name, saints, holy places and holy relics. The venrating part is where they get around the protestant version of 2nd commandment.
7. The catholic mass lends itself to point 6b above. The protestant churches and masses are stripped back to basic simple buildings and services. Of course, in later years of the protestant movement, elaborate, decorated churches have been built, but the point remains.
8a. 9th commandment. In the protestant bible it reads: thou shall not bear false witness of thy neighbour
8b: 9th Commandment. In the catholic bible it reads: thou shall not have covet thy neighbour's wife. Protestants believe that Catholics took the much longer 10th commandment that reads 'thou shall not covet they neighbour's wife, property' and broke it up into 2 parts whereby the neighbour's wife became a commandment by itself at no 9 and property became no 10 thus preserving the illusion of 10 commandments after removing no 2 that forbade idols and images of god.

In other words, protestants do not disagree with the christian faith, only it's practise as presented by the catholic church.

Over the centuries, protestantism has evolved and devolved into many sects depending on what part of the bible they deem the most important tenent of christianity and or how they choose to practise christianity within the protestant movement. These are the most popular currently:

1. Baptists / AnaBapitists - believe in the Baptism / Anabaptists differ slightly because they believe a person has to first confess their faith and get Baptised again to be cleansed.
2. Pentecostals - believe in the holy spirit
3. Evangelicals - believe in public witness of the gospels thereby spreading the good news of the bible. Usually cut across all sects.
4. Mormons - believe in practising christianity as it was practised by the early apostolic church before Rome got it's hands on it and formalised it into a state religion via the council of Nicaea. They believe the truth of that early church was revealed to one Joseph Smith who wrote it all down in their bible.
5.Adventists - believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus.
6. Anglican / Presbyterian - this doesn't have a singular belief except to protest the catholic church. This is merely one of the earliest original state sponsored churches that threw off Catholicism. Also known as CoE. Better known as the church Henry 8 set up so he could divorce his wife.
7. Calvinism -   catholic church reformers who believe in the holy spirit. Forebearers of Pentecostals.
8. Lutherans - believe in the scripture and not much else. Ie only scripture will bring understanding and through that grace.
9. Methodists - believe that Salvation has already been acquired via Jesus therefore we just have to accept it.
10. Revivals - these tend to show cross- sect beliefs to include aspects of Pentecostal, Anabaptism and evangelicals.

You also have other sects that are slowly dying out eg Quakers, Piets who were the forebearers of more modern sects such as methodists.

Finally, Christian Orthodox are also Christian catholics, but their version evolved as a result of influence of local cultures in the Eastern provinces of Rome and later the Byzantine empire.

For that reason, they assume that they follow the teachings of the early church because they didn't evolve in the same way that western catholicism developed.

They are sometimes called *Greek* because the first few centuries of christianity, when it was considered a cult, and before the Romans made it a state religion, Greek was the widely spoken language and any writings recorded in the language.

Later, after Rome absorbed christianity, and Latin became the premiere language of Empire, the western provinces dropped the Greek.

Despite the universally agreed nicaea creed, Catholicism developed differently in the west vs the East. To make the distinction between the two strains, the eastern version became referred to as Greek Orthodoxy or Christian orthodoxy or Eastern Othodoxy.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:44:41 PM by Herazeus » Logged
HighFly

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: March 17, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »

Firstly, Catholics and Protestants are ALL christians. Protestants are only slightly variables from catholics, and the difference is in the name ie they are catholics protesting the catholic church. This protestation occurred when regular people finally read the bible, such as it was, for themselves and realised the following things that contradicted Catholic teachings and practise.

1. It wasn't a sin to read the bible for themselves. No need for a priest to read a bible to them.
2. They could have a personal relationship with god and talk directly to god. No need for a priest to intercede for them.
3. God is singular not a trinity ie god the father, god the son and god the holy spirit
4.only god forgives. No need to confess every week to a priest.
5. Most things deemed 'sins' by the church were not sins at all.
6a 2nd Comandment. In the protestant bible, this reads: thou shall not make images of me nor worship false gods. The catholic church is full of saints, altars, paintings, frescos, murals, holy relics that were/are worshipped.
6b. 2nd Commandment. In the catholic bible, this reads: thou shall not take the lords name in vain. Church doctrine interpretes this to mean you can't break any oaths or vows made, and you shall venerate god's name, saints, holy places and holy relics. The venrating part is where they get around the protestant version of 2nd commandment.
7. The catholic mass lends itself to point 6b above. The protestant churches and masses are stripped back to basic simple buildings and services. Of course, in later years of the protestant movement, elaborate, decorated churches have been built, but the point remains.
8a. 9th commandment. In the protestant bible it reads: thou shall not bear false witness of thy neighbour
8b: 9th Commandment. In the catholic bible it reads: thou shall not have covet thy neighbour's wife. Protestants believe that Catholics took the much longer 10th commandment that reads 'thou shall not covet they neighbour's wife, property' and broke it up into 2 parts whereby the neighbour's wife became a commandment by itself at no 9 and property became no 10 thus preserving the illusion of 10 commandments after removing no 2 that forbade idols and images of god.

In other words, protestants do not disagree with the christian faith, only it's practise as presented by the catholic church.

Over the centuries, protestantism has evolved and devolved into many sects depending on what part of the bible they deem the most important tenent of christianity and or how they choose to practise christianity within the protestant movement. These are the most popular currently:

1. Baptists / AnaBapitists - believe in the Baptism / Anabaptists differ slightly because they believe a person has to first confess their faith and get Baptised again to be cleansed.
2. Pentecostals - believe in the holy spirit
3. Evangelicals - believe in public witness of the gospels thereby spreading the good news of the bible. Usually cut across all sects.
4. Mormons - believe in practising christianity as it was practised by the early apostolic church before Rome got it's hands on it and formalised it into a state religion via the council of Nicaea. They believe the truth of that early church was revealed to one Joseph Smith who wrote it all down in their bible.
5.Adventists - believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus.
6. Anglican / Presbyterian - this doesn't have a singular belief except to protest the catholic church. This is merely one of the earliest original state sponsored churches that threw off Catholicism. Also known as CoE. Better known as the church Henry 8 set up so he could divorce his wife.
7. Calvinism -   catholic church reformers who believe in the holy spirit. Forebearers of Pentecostals.
8. Lutherans - believe in the scripture and not much else. Ie only scripture will bring understanding and through that grace.
9. Methodists - believe that Salvation has already been acquired via Jesus therefore we just have to accept it.
10. Revivals - these tend to show cross- sect beliefs to include aspects of Pentecostal, Anabaptism and evangelicals.

You also have other sects that are slowly dying out eg Quakers, Piets who were the forebearers of more modern sects such as methodists.

Finally, Christian Orthodox are also Christian catholics, but their version evolved as a result of influence of local cultures in the Eastern provinces of Rome and later the Byzantine empire.

For that reason, they assume that they follow the teachings of the early church because they didn't evolve in the same way that western catholicism developed.

They are sometimes called *Greek* because the first few centuries of christianity, when it was considered a cult, and before the Romans made it a state religion, Greek was the widely spoken language and any writings recorded in the language.

Later, after Rome absorbed christianity, and Latin became the premiere language of Empire, the western provinces dropped the Greek.

Despite the universally agreed nicaea creed, Catholicism developed differently in the west vs the East. To make the distinction between the two strains, the eastern version became referred to as Greek Orthodoxy or Christian orthodoxy or Eastern Othodoxy.

Thank you! Great post! I was looking for such clear explanation!!!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: March 17, 2017, 05:17:26 PM »

Thank you for the extensive explanation.

In the Netherlands you have a distinction with regard to Catholics:
- Rooms Katholiek (Roman Catholic): Catholic Church in full communion with the Pope
- Oud Katholiek (Old Catholic): The term Old Catholic Church was originally used from the 1850s by groups which had separated from the Roman Catholic Church over certain doctrines, primarily concerned with papal authority. These churches are not in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church; however member churches of the Union of Utrecht of the Old Catholic Churches (UU) are in full communion with the Anglican Communion;and some are members of the World Council of Churches.

With regard to Protestants, well perhaps there is 1 main lead (= Calvinism), but a lot of different movements. A couple of years ago I was surprised by many of them, when several of them where mentioned/listed in a report about the Dutch ' Bible belt'. For example:
- Nederlands Hervormd (Dutch Reformed Church) (It has been the original denomination of the Dutch Royal Family until being merged into the Protestant Church in the Netherlands, a United church of both Reformed and Lutheran theological orientations.)
- Hersteld Hervormde Kerk (Restored Reformed Church)
- Remonstranten (Remonstrants)
- Gereformeerde Gemeenten (Reformed Congregations)
- Gereformeerde gemeenten in Nederland (Reformed Congregations in the Netherlands) (a break off from the previous one)
- Gereformeerde Gemeenten in Nederland (buiten verband) (Reformed Congregations in the Netherlands (unconnected))
- Gereformeerde Kerken Nederland (Reformed Churches Netherlands) (established by Reformed Churches in the Netherlands (Liberated) & Reformed Churches (Restored))
- Nederlands Gereformeerde Kerken (Netherlands Reformed Churches)
- Christelijke Gereformeerde Kerken ( Christian Reformed Churches in The Netherlands)
- voortgezette Gereformeerde Kerken in Nederland (Continued Reformed Churches in the Netherlands)
- Oud Gereformeerde Gemeenten buiten verband (Old-Reformed Congregations (unconnected))
- Gereformeerde Kerken vrijgemaakt (Reformed Churches in the Netherlands (Liberated))

Besides that:
- Evangelisch-Lutherse Kerk (Lutheranism)
- Doopsgezinden (Mennonite Church in the Netherlands)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: March 17, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »

Sorry for the far off topic..........

So let's go the original question: who would you choose for Harry?
gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: March 17, 2017, 08:03:19 PM »

In real life I would suggest that a guy like Harry should continue to have fun and NOT to get married.
No matter who he chooses, he will continue to party and have affairs. Like (nearly )all aristocrats do. So I am not so much into this dreamy  fairy tale blabla of who should marry who.
In the end royal marriages are about wedding Pictures , positive PR and producing the next generation of tax paid snobs. Sorry for being a spoilsport.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Harry has a history of being a cheater. I don't remember any rumors about him being unfaithful to Chelsy or even Cress.

Again, this is just my recollection of the past 15 years of sort-of following him. I could be totally wrong though! Anyone else know?

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: