Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympics 2012  (Read 190719 times)
Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: August 12, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »

The media making a BFD of Mexico beating Brazil in football is gag-worthy. Roll Eyes The Olympics isn't even a big blip in football competitions -- if it was then Brazil, Spain etc would've fielded their strongest team instead of fielding their youngsters/ B team. 

Why, God? Why?  Dash2

Spice Girls rehearse ahead of Sunday's stunning Olympic closing ceremony and concert
http://www.dailymail.co.u...rmance.html#ixzz23G0x0jMF

Were there no other British artists available for Sunday's closing ceremonies?

I can handle the Spice Girls even though I wouldn't call a British 'icon'. The news that One Direction is going to perform is what kills me.  Dead

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: August 12, 2012, 08:07:46 AM »

The Spice Girls - Goody!

This is quite a retro fun thing to do - at least everyone will know the words and be able to dance along.
Who else. Maybe the Bay City Rollers?  Yikes
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: August 12, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »

The media making a BFD of Mexico beating Brazil in football is gag-worthy. Roll Eyes The Olympics isn't even a big blip in football competitions -- if it was then Brazil, Spain etc would've fielded their strongest team instead of fielding their youngsters/ B team. 

The Olympic men's football competition is an under 23 competition with only 3 players over that age allowed on each team.  That is why the teams fielded their youngsters - because that is what FIFA decided the competition would be some years ago and the IOC agreed. 
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: August 12, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »

yes as far as football concerns this composition isn't on the map and as far as I know no football fan here cares about It

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: August 12, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »

Lazlo  Cseh from Hungary is my all time fav male swimmer. Well Popov was quite a legend in his day.
I just want to hug Cseh and rub his bald head Hug Hug  I don't know why I like him, I just warmed to him when I followed the Euros/Olympic/Worlds swimming  championships.

How about the finals 4x100 mens yesterday? Jamaica was brilliant!  And the women's 4x400- USA! Thumb up
And Mo Farah 5000m, what a triumph! Now a double gold winner. What a night, No wonder the Beer royals were celebrating

yes as far as football concerns this composition isn't on the map and as far as I know no football fan here cares about It
Very true. I couldnt be bothered watching OL football. The Women's competition is worse.
I am rooting for  Pao + the Spaniards  in the basketball finals. It's very unlikely they will win against the dream team, but one can only hope

Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: August 12, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »

The Olympic men's football competition is an under 23 competition with only 3 players over that age allowed on each team.  That is why the teams fielded their youngsters - because that is what FIFA decided the competition would be some years ago and the IOC agreed. 

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I guess it's a good training ground for the youngsters.

But I still don't like how the media made it sound as if Mexico is now a world-beater. No offense to Mexico of course...  Tongue

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: August 12, 2012, 04:39:18 PM »

I need a tranquilizer for the Swedish boyfriend - he is getting way too upset over this handball final....
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: August 12, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »

Well, that didn't take long.

Economy struggles to secure golden Olympics boost
http://sports.yahoo.com/n...boost-035332550--oly.html

With the London Olympics set to wrap up Sunday, analysts said Britain's recession-hit economy was unlikely to have won a major boost from the Games that have been a triumph for the nation's athletes.

While Britain's construction sector benefited hugely before the Olympics, experts have said the 17-day sporting spectacle had not delivered significant financial rewards and neither was it expected to in the months and years ahead.

Mary Rance, chief executive of tourism body UKinbound, said the Olympics which have cost taxpayers 9.3 billion to stage have failed to lift her sector.

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »

That's a pity. GB put on a big show Thumb up

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: August 13, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »

I just have to say how pissed off I am at NBC for their lack of coverage of Rhythmic Gymnastics.  I love watching it and though it isn't on the map in the U.S., I think it's a totally underrated sport.  The whole point of NBC commandeering 4 or 5 of their networks for Olympic coverage was to make sure that all of the events were broadcasted.  I got to watch a whole 10 minutes of the all-around final which only allowed for three performances in two of the four apparatus.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:41 AM »

What a fast two weeks, how about we all do this again in 4 yrs? By that time I believe we will be just a few months short of Royal Dish's 10th birthday.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:27 AM »

What a fast two weeks, how about we all do this again in 4 yrs? By that time I believe we will be just a few months short of Royal Dish's 10th birthday.

Less than 2 years until the Winter Games. 

I can't believe the next Summer Olympiad will bring us to RD's 10th anniversary.  Where does the time go?
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: August 13, 2012, 04:21:36 AM »

I'm afraid I will be going through Olympics withdrawal for a while. Ordinarily I'm not much of a sports fan, but it's been fun watching all these beautiful young people in such a wide variety of sports rather than the non-stop wall-to-wall football (American) upon which we are about to embark.

I really hated the U.S. uniforms worn for the opening ceremony, but those worn for the medal ceremonies looked really good, I thought, particularly with the purple ribbon on the medals and those floral nosegays.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: August 13, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »

the flip-side of the coin

An Olympic moments we never forget
This photo stinks to high heaven: 800 meters south of the stadium a container town was built for the cleaners. 10 people shared a barrack, 25 a toilet, and 75 a shower. Not even bed linen was provided.

Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down

Willow.rr

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: August 14, 2012, 05:40:29 AM »

I just have to say how pissed off I am at NBC for their lack of coverage of Rhythmic Gymnastics.  I love watching it and though it isn't on the map in the U.S., I think it's a totally underrated sport.  The whole point of NBC commandeering 4 or 5 of their networks for Olympic coverage was to make sure that all of the events were broadcasted.  I got to watch a whole 10 minutes of the all-around final which only allowed for three performances in two of the four apparatus.

Sad  Sorry you missed it.  NBC did show a lot more than 10 minutes.  I'm thinking that what happened is that you tuned in when it showed up on NBC Olympics site schedule time to be aired.  What I found is that sometimes the prior event coverage over ran it's time causing the start of the rhythmic gymnastics coverage to be delayed.  The next event's coverage would still start at its scheduled time.  The trick was to keep watching.  Even though other air times were not listed, more rhythmic gymnastics coverage would be shown between other events.  I saw the whole finals and most of the semifinals on NBC.

This is the first year I have watched the rhythmic gymnastics.  I typically watch artistic gymnastics in the Olympics and the other major competitions.  Now, I'll be looking into watching more rhythmic gymnastics competitions.  I hope they air them on US tv.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: