Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commonwealth Games 2022  (Read 7088 times)
Gemsheal

Big Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2022, 01:29:46 PM »

Louise has looked very pretty at these events.  Her brother however!  What a Gloomy Gus.  I know he's only 14 and is not a "working royal" but Geez, he's attending sports events not a funeral.  Put on a happy face. 

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2022, 02:57:47 PM »

Louise has looked very pretty at these events.  Her brother however!  What a Gloomy Gus.  I know he's only 14 and is not a "working royal" but Geez, he's attending sports events not a funeral.  Put on a happy face. 

Nah, he's 14. You have to wait a few years. Some kids are just like that.

Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2022, 03:08:27 PM »

I must admit that I was so angry with the new Prime Minister of Australia who couldn't be bothered to go to CHOGM preferring to go to Europe. I also notice that in all that travelling he didn't visit the UK which is strange as that is often the first/second/third country a new Aussie PM visits (NZ, US and UK are usually the first three visits). I do wonder whether he intends on removing Australia from the Commonwealth when we become a republic (and yes I do see him running such a referendum in this or his next term in office ... as per Labor Party policy).

Really? That schedule was in place months before ... what would 10 flags Morrison done ?
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2022, 03:13:14 PM »

I had never even heard of the commonwealth games until this thread.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
loveofenglishtradition

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »

Nah, he's 14. You have to wait a few years. Some kids are just like that. (quote)

Whenever I see James, I think he might be an Asperger Autist, which is a mild form of Autism. The way he looks and acts in public could be a sign for that. By the way Trumps youngest son, Barron, seems similar.
Maybe it is not the case and changes with age, but the signs are there. I'm saying this because I have long years experience with Aspergers, and I see many similarities. It doesn't mean that they can develop and improve with age, but they just have that special "unsocial way" that is characteristic, have problems with behavior which is expected in social interactions . It is a very complicated issue which cannot be discussed here, but it just crossed my mind.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2022, 08:23:00 PM »

I love how Louise has embraced her curly hair!!
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2022, 09:40:46 PM »

Louise has looked very pretty at these events.  Her brother however!  What a Gloomy Gus.  I know he's only 14 and is not a "working royal" but Geez, he's attending sports events not a funeral.  Put on a happy face.  

And why not? Her curly hair is pretty and cute.  All that straight hair is getting boring.   Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Louise. She is a lovely and charming young lady.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2022, 10:29:26 PM »

Itís broadcast on CBCÖ for future reference 😹
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2022, 01:44:42 AM »

I must admit that I was so angry with the new Prime Minister of Australia who couldn't be bothered to go to CHOGM preferring to go to Europe. I also notice that in all that travelling he didn't visit the UK which is strange as that is often the first/second/third country a new Aussie PM visits (NZ, US and UK are usually the first three visits). I do wonder whether he intends on removing Australia from the Commonwealth when we become a republic (and yes I do see him running such a referendum in this or his next term in office ... as per Labor Party policy).

Really? That schedule was in place months before ... what would 10 flags Morrison done ?

It wasn't though. Albo put in place his wishes. Morrison would have gone to CHOGM and then gone to Europe or not bothered with Europe. Most of the Europe visits were to do with discussing the war so it wasn't in place all that long ago - it was put together fast at Albo's insistence. The visit to Japan was in place but not to Europe, especially so soon and not at the expense of CHOGM.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2022, 01:52:27 AM »

The first games were held in 1930 and have been held every 4 years ever since, other than 1942 and 1946.

Initially called the British Empire Games and then the British Empire and Commonwealth Games, then the British Commonwealth Games and since 1978 simply the Commonwealth Games.

Venues have largely been within the developed countries although Jamaica hosted in 1966, Malaysia in 1998 and Delhi in 2010.

Canada has hosted 4 times but none since 1994. NZ has hosted 3 times but not since 1990 while the UK has hosted 7 (including this year's) and Australia 5 times and we will have them again next time after the Comm Games Committee begged Victoria to host them.

SA was a contender for the next games, which would have been the first time in Africa but the financing wasn't there.

Until 2010 The Queen always opened the games and the Duke of Edinburgh closed them, until he stood down from being Vice-Patron of the Commonwealth Games Federation, when that job was taken over by Edward. Charles opened the Delhi and Gold Coast Games as they were outside the UK. This was the first time he has opened the games in the UK. When the games have been in the UK there has always been a large royal turn-out, just as there was at the 2012 Olympics. The opening ceremony of these games was on the 10th anniversary of the opening of the Olympics in 2012. Anne and Tim were at a reception for remembering that event 10 years ago while Charles was opening these games.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2022, 02:02:53 AM »

The Games need a complete reset. Itís so embarrassing seeing the four white nations scoop up 95% of the medals. Huge focus on funding sports training in the Global South countries should be a priorityÖ
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2022, 02:27:10 AM »

They do need a reset. It is so sad to see so many of the countries not send their best athletes e.g. Canada hasn't sent their best sprinters as they have just finished the World Championships and decided that the Comm Games aren't important enough to go to them immediately. Jamaica is the same. Those two nations (and not Canada's 'white' athletes either) should be dominating the sprint events on the track, based on their results at the World Championships while the Africans should be dominating the longer events but they have sent their 2nd or even 3rd string teams. The Aussies and Poms, realising this have sent their 'a' teams.

The games are largely a side-show to the athletes who want to compete against the best and if not a championship of the highest calibre would prefer to be competing on the professional circuit where they get paid for their efforts.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2022, 03:31:05 AM »

Canada has hosted 4 times but none since 1994.

That makes senseÖ I wasnít even born then 😂 The Games just arenít very covered in the little bit of Canadian news I read. (Iím not a big news reader, Iíll admit.)

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2022, 03:32:57 AM »

Louise has looked very pretty at these events.  Her brother however!  What a Gloomy Gus.  I know he's only 14 and is not a "working royal" but Geez, he's attending sports events not a funeral.  Put on a happy face.  

And why not? Her curly hair is pretty and cute.  All that straight hair is getting boring.   Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Louise. She is a lovely and charming young lady.
I think that between Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary there is certainly curl in the family.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: