Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Charlotte and King George III  (Read 26579 times)
Freefun2222

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2019, 09:35:06 PM »

Charlotte is a very interesting character.
Her hair is quite thick and springy, though it is red.
She had fifteen children! Yikes
Only five or six of them had children. Her daughter, Sophia, could have had an illegitimate child in suspicious circumstances - says the story of Charlotte in Wiki that I just read.
David Cameron is a descendant of her son William.

I love that Charlotte could have had an African connection.
Beatrice sometimes is thought to look a little like Queen Victoria.
I think that Beatrice also looks a little like Victoria's grandmother - Charlotte.

Her daughter more than likely had a child with her brother Ernest. Even her own brothers thought so, and would caution their other sisters not be left alone with him. I have a book with details about the whole situation.
I guess Ernest was away on the Continent for many years in active service, etc, and came back home and formed an attachment to Sophia, who was somewhat of the family pet (her brothers seemed very fond of her).
Sophia, her sisters, and Ernest now home on family duty were left alone at Windsor (?) and then 9 months later...

David Cameron is descended from William IV through his illigitimate daughter Lady Elizabeth Fizclarence
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2019, 02:59:31 AM »

En route for a Thanksgiving Service at St. Paul's Cathedral in 1789, King George III received the Civic Sword from the Lord Mayor of London.     
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...ral-in-1789-88067786.html
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2019, 10:41:51 PM »

In August 1761, King George III met Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.   
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...ed-princess-87987015.html
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2019, 11:52:48 PM »

Queen Charlotte helped the composer Johann Christian Bach get the position of State musician for King George III following the demise of George Frideric Handel.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: