Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympics Opening Ceremony in Buckingham Palace  (Read 36841 times)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2012, 01:56:33 AM »

Until about a year ago, I really didn't have much of an appreciation for the Queen.  That has really changed lately.  She is pure CLASS.

Which it what makes it so tragically sad that Waity is tearing it all down.

Let's be fair, it's not just Waity. There's a whole bunch of other things that will do it. But don't be sad, many other nations will go downhill too. And then something else will come out of it.
Just during the twentieth century British Royal Family has survived an abdication, a former king who met with Hitler, Prince Phillip's "gaffes," divorces from Margret, Charles, Anne and Andrew, "Sqidgeygate," Sarah Ferguson's toe sucking etc..., a fire at Windsor Castle, Diana's death, Charles and Camilla's marriage, Sophie's "Fake Sheikh" interview, and a few extra marital affairs among other things. For now Kate Middleton's entry into the BRF seems to pale in comparison IMO.

Star

IMO if there's any royal family that can survive, it's the BRF. I think putting the survival of them all on Kate's too-thin shoulders is naive at best.
I agree Maria. The Windsors have survival skills.  Smiley
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »

May I respectfully suggest that you re-read my post in its entirety, for the context.  And I thought that we dish on royals, not other posters, eg calling them naive.

Here is your earlier post along with the post to which you were responding.
Just during the twentieth century British Royal Family has survived an abdication, a former king who met with Hitler, Prince Phillip's "gaffes," divorces from Margret, Charles, Anne and Andrew, "Sqidgeygate," Sarah Ferguson's toe sucking etc..., a fire at Windsor Castle, Diana's death, Charles and Camilla's marriage, Sophie's "Fake Sheikh" interview, and a few extra marital affairs among other things. For now Kate Middleton's entry into the BRF seems to pale in comparison IMO.

I disagree (which is of course ok). IMO, apart from the abdication and the DoW meeting Hitler, none of the other issues had the potential for harm that this marriage is.  For me, it's the fact that Willy chose her, Charles and the Queen did not stop him, and once she was in, there has been no improvement in her attitude or skills.  She is a ticking time bomb for them, and they only have themselves to blame.

If this was happening in isolation from social and economic change they would be able to survive, but it is the combination of having instant dissemination of events and a permanent easy research ability online, economic crisis, anti-establishment sentiment because of the economic crisis, and significantly growing republicanism in the UK and even more in the Commonwealth, that is going to push the monarchy out - my prediction is within 20 years.

It's not just about Kate.  She is a symptom, and she came along at a bad time.

You basically put Kate and William's marriage on par with the DoW abdicating and supporting Hitler. And you honestly think that her actions, or rather inactions, are more harmful than the future head of the church cheating on his wife and marrying his mistress. Those divorces that you don't think had the potential for harm as the Cambridge marriage hurt the image of the BRF and made a lot of people realize just how useless and unnecessary the monarchy actually is in this day and age.

The Windsors are the most recognizable RF in the world and the Brits are very attached to them. It's going to take a lot more than a 30-year woman child who refuses to work and therefore is a non factor in the big picture to destroy it.

I just kinda defended Kate and now I need to have a drink. I should probably take a break from RD before I get banned. Irrational thinking brings out my bad side.
Grab a beer, basket of chips and spicy salsa..avoid sugar at all costs.  Beer
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2012, 02:05:30 AM »

May I respectfully suggest that you re-read my post in its entirety, for the context.  And I thought that we dish on royals, not other posters, eg calling them naive.

May I respectfully suggest to you to not tell the moderator how to run the board. Just an idea.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2012, 02:09:51 AM »

And in all of that she is just a  bit player. The monarchy has to make a transition to from HM to Charles and during the next few years possibly the next decade so much can happen within the UK. IMVHO far too much attention is being heaped upon the heir to the heir's wife who so far has show that she can make a poor judgement in fashion, grin too much and needs to improve her public speaking skills. Smiley

I couldn;t give a monkeys what she wears or anything like that.  What I observe is that she gives the finger to the values and culture of the institution (and the public), by being workshy and arrogant.  William is responsible for allowing her in, and he's going to be a future Head of State unless something is done about it before then.

IMO she has yet to give a figurative finger to the values and culture of the institution. She has not embarrassed the monarchy by engaging in  activities like the DoY or Sarah have in the past.   She grins too much, plays with her hair, and gave a simple first speech.

None of us are privy to the Way Ahead Group's meetings and their subsequent choices as to who will be full time royals for the present and the future.  The senior members of the BRF make the decisions and the others are expected to fall in line.
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »

Oh dear! And I thought Olympics were to bring people together! And look what's happening here! *scratching my head*
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »

Oh dear! And I thought Olympics were to bring people together! And look what's happening here! *scratching my head*

Indeed!  Crap
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2012, 02:14:58 AM »

My two little cents: I was surprised the Queen didn't even waive at the British team, as I would have preferred her to do. And the family should have cheered all the Commonwealth nations; mind you, they would have been on their feet most of the time, so guess it wasn't practical. - I missed Dr Who from the opening ceremony, as I think he's a real British icon.
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2012, 02:18:18 AM »

Indeed!  Crap
Maria, I think we all mean it well! But it does come across as a storm in a teacup...
BWpunisher

Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

HRH Clown Prince Dumbledork of Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »

To all the people trolling and trying to cause shit: (IN GENERAL, not solely this thread)

Everyone else....please calm down. Ignore the trolls. They will stop without an audience. I know it's hard.

BRF Section Trolls:
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2012, 02:22:35 AM »

Thanks for that, BW!  :)You took the words out of my mouth!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »

To add to BW's pearl of wisdom

This is the London Olympics. If stressed make tea and eat a Hobnob  Yes

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
jusaca

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

To add to BW's pearl of wisdom

This is the London Olympics. If stressed make tea and eat a Hobnob  Yes

I suggest a chocolate Hobnob for maximum effect   Wink
Penny Lane

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/...PEN-CEREMONY-DAY0-VIP.JPG

Mosh looks rubbish.  I know I keep saying but, but this woman has been having a breakdown and it's not over yet.  She has spent so many years pretending and she's finally lost her way.  She has no idea who she is anymore.
Moshy has inflated cheeks like a hamster Shocked

Or a chipmumk

Star Yes indeet! And fur color might also be the same. Moshy just color hers into this ugli reddish..
choux

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »

Please tell me Mary has not used an official airbrushed photo for her ID badge!?

OK I won't tell you.  Roll Eyes
I also won't tell you it's the one published when her engagement was announced 9 years ago.

Mary is attending on an IOC pass.  Her first attendance on an IOC pass would have been in 2004 (Athens) when that photo was current.  She doesn't resubmit it every time they are planning to go to the Olympics - it's on the IOC systems and they just re-use it for the next pass. 

I have used a work id with a 5 year old photo myself and if I lost the pass they would just re-print it witht the same photo.   Same thing here - she could choose to submit another one but that still looks like her so why would she?  Sorry - I don't think that is an expression of her vanity.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »

I think it is a sign of vanity when you use a photoshopped picture for an ID-pass.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: