Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympics Opening Ceremony in Buckingham Palace  (Read 36323 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »

Please tell me Mary has not used an official airbrushed photo for her ID badge!?

OK I won't tell you.  Roll Eyes
I also won't tell you it's the one published when her engagement was announced 9 years ago.

Mary is attending on an IOC pass.  Her first attendance on an IOC pass would have been in 2004 (Athens) when that photo was current.  She doesn't resubmit it every time they are planning to go to the Olympics - it's on the IOC systems and they just re-use it for the next pass. 

I have used a work id with a 5 year old photo myself and if I lost the pass they would just re-print it witht the same photo.   Same thing here - she could choose to submit another one but that still looks like her so why would she?  Sorry - I don't think that is an expression of her vanity.
  But that's the thing: it doesn't look like her.  It's photoshopped to kingdom come.  There's nothing natural about that photo, and it certainly doesn't look like her.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

Pix, a photo that looks like her? Now why would you like something like that on your olympic passport?  Confused
Mary dear with all her marketing skills had made a Dorian Grey with the devil, only that this cheeky buster put the exact conditions in the fine print, it is not the picture that gets older and fuglier... tststs

Little_Star thanks for the suggestion, I have the tea and would now happily kill for choco hob.  Drool

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »

Please tell me Mary has not used an official airbrushed photo for her ID badge!?

I also won't tell you it's the one published when her engagement was announced 9 years ago.

Mary is attending on an IOC pass.  Her first attendance on an IOC pass would have been in 2004 (Athens) when that photo was current.  She doesn't resubmit it every time they are planning to go to the Olympics - it's on the IOC systems and they just re-use it for the next pass. 

I have used a work id with a 5 year old photo myself and if I lost the pass they would just re-print it witht the same photo.   Same thing here - she could choose to submit another one but that still looks like her so why would she?  Sorry - I don't think that is an expression of her vanity.
  But that's the thing: it doesn't look like her.  It's photoshopped to kingdom come.  There's nothing natural about that photo, and it certainly doesn't look like her.

Using an 8 year old photo that has been photoshopped to buggery is an expression of vanity, IMO.  An eight year photo is one thing.  One that has been photoshopped AND has the added bonus of the wearer having undergone multiple plastic surgery procedures since is vanity personified.  IMO.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »

I don't agree. The photo wasn't current even in Athens. The posed studio photo was released in September 2003 to announce her engagement. By Athens, it was already almost a year old.

Also, an organization as security conscious as the Olympics would not typically use photos that are 9 years old. They have to be current so they can actually positively identify the wearer of the badge. Look at Charlene's badge. It looks like a mug shot/passport photo and it looks like her today. She's been to several Olympic games.

I'm sure at the Olympics, athletes and dignitaries have to physically show up somewhere to register and get their badges. There are probably cameras there that take an instant photo like a passport photo. Mary, with her diplomatic immunity, explains to them that she wants to keep her old photo instead.

Has anyone seen Fred's badge photo? Is it current?
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »

It's just ridiculous to use a photoshooped pic of yourself for an id card pathetic

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

OK I won't tell you.  Roll Eyes

Mary is attending on an IOC pass.  Her first attendance on an IOC pass would have been in 2004 (Athens) when that photo was current.  She doesn't resubmit it every time they are planning to go to the Olympics - it's on the IOC systems and they just re-use it for the next pass.  

I have used a work id with a 5 year old photo myself and if I lost the pass they would just re-print it witht the same photo.   Same thing here - she could choose to submit another one but that still looks like her so why would she?  Sorry - I don't think that is an expression of her vanity.
When I lost my ID badge at work, I went to get a new badge. I had the option of using my old photo or take a new one. The digital camera was connected to the badge-making machine. The whole process takes about the same time with old or new photo.
And, no, I did not have the option to submit a personal photo of myself. It was a mugshot or nothing.
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2012, 05:03:48 AM »

My two little cents: I was surprised the Queen didn't even waive at the British team, as I would have preferred her to do. And the family should have cheered all the Commonwealth nations; mind you, they would have been on their feet most of the time, so guess it wasn't practical. - I missed Dr Who from the opening ceremony, as I think he's a real British icon.
I hate how cold Sillybet is.  I hate how little she reacts to things she sees or hears.  She's like a pillar.
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2012, 03:11:49 PM »

Fred's ID photo is also from an official photoshoot, but not one as airbrushed or posed as Mary's  Snare

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »

Where are Charles and Cams?  Did William and Kate take their place or something?Huh?

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2012, 04:20:26 AM »

I loved the opening ceremony!!

All in all, it was my favourite for a few years.
I liked the kids jumping on beds (ode to National Health Scheme  Thumb up) and the historical depiction over the centuries.
The flame with it's many petals is stunning.
I really enjoyed it.
The music was wonderful and Rowan Atkinson was a funny and well chosen cast member.
The grassy hill was sweet.
I forgive Paul McCartney's poor voice - he is old and the inclusion was symbolic I feel.
Bring on Queen and others (I agree with a former poster) for the Closing Ceremony.

The only spoiler was that our TV Australian compare, at times, was Eddie McGuire, who spoke terribly  (He can't even pronounce Australia.) and knows little about any sport except Aussie Rules Football which is not featured.
A big YEY!! to Leila McKinnon, the other compare, though.  Star Star
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: