Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How rich Swedish Royal Family really is?  (Read 25384 times)
OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »

Yep, I wondered how rich SRF is. I prefer to see some numbers, and none of Google search results or my RD searches bear fruits.

Assuming that we see Vicky always clad in full-on Elie Saab regalia, which could cost $2k-7k for day dresses and at least $20k for evening ones... They should be very, very rich indeed. I mean, even Kate get discount from Alexander McQueen (I don't believe she paid full-price on her gowns because Sarah Burton is British and they contemplated to give her medal of honor---read "bribes"---or something for representing British fashion or some sort).

Or Swedish people are just very, very rich and very, very in love with their royals so they support theirs with everything they have. 

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

Kate doesn't receive any discounts from designers or freebies. Clarence House have made that very clear.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »

There must be some new definition to "always".  Thinking Greta, Mayla, H&M, Escada...yes... Elie Saab...so twice in last 3 years that I can recall.
Hinged

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »

It's really only around the engagement that Victoria started wearing big fashion names, Madde and Silvia however are another story. Part of the reason everyone wonders where Madde money comes from is because she wheres a lot of visible big ticket fashion things. Although to Silvia she recycles a lot of fairly old dresses time to time.
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Born Ruler & Head of State! Who is MeDiana?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:15:59 PM »

If we just talking about their fortune, CG owns about 300 millions SEK  and Vic, Madde and CP own about 25 millions SEK each, (3,5 million US each).
And then they own real estates, stock shares, cars, boats etc, and there is also the annual appanage aswell.
OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 01:30:31 AM »

There must be some new definition to "always".  Thinking Greta, Mayla, H&M, Escada...yes... Elie Saab...so twice in last 3 years that I can recall.

Really? Maybe not always, but I reckon she wore it a lot more than twice in 3 years since 2009. It's only in this past year she tried to wear more Swedish designers.

Those Elie Saabs are very, very beautiful though. I often think theirs are dresses fit for a princess. Now if only they didn't cost more than a BMW...  Cool

If we just talking about their fortune, CG owns about 300 millions SEK  and Vic, Madde and CP own about 25 millions SEK each, (3,5 million US each).
And then they own real estates, stock shares, cars, boats etc, and there is also the annual appanage aswell.

Thanks, Victory!  Star Star Star
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:42:41 AM by OhLaLas » Logged

Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »

...and the most beautiful Elie Saab she ever wore! (So far Wink)

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »

That was an Oscar worthy dress YUMMMMY!

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »

i read once that victoria has stocks into pharmaceutical compagny AstraZeneca don't know if it's true and how many stocks she has
Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »

i read once that victoria has stocks into pharmaceutical compagny AstraZeneca don't know if it's true and how many stocks she has
She, privately has stocks for about 1 million SEK, and only in Swedish companies.
Not sure about medical comp Astra (they are huge on the stockmarket) but she has in medical company Getinge, Latour and some others.

Here is a list of Vic´s stocks:
Electrolux, 0,2
Getinge, 0,8
H&M, 2,5
Husqvarna, 0,3
Investor, 1,7 Latour, 0,3
Lundberg, 0,7
Melker Schörling, 0,8
Nordea, 0,2
Ratos, 2
Scania, 0,2
SEB 0,3
SHB, 3,2
SKF, 1,5
Wihlborg, 0,4

It´s a very traditional "portfolio".
(The list could change every hour just as the stockmarket itself Wink)
OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »

Thanks, Victory and loubna! The posts are very informative.  Star Star Star

So this is one venue royals could pursue which won't generate (lots of) bad publicity. Stocks are stocks after all. You can't order them to jump up using your amazing royal poweeerzzz.

And two more Saabs I found on fashionspot.com, although one has been spotted by Victory already: 

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »

This dress wasn't Saab http://royaldish.com/inde...1335.0;attach=36372;image

It was by a Scandi designer

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Victory

Huge Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 05:28:47 PM »

This dress wasn't Saab http://royaldish.com/inde...1335.0;attach=36372;image

It was by a Scandi designer

Jupp, that was Pär Engsheden who made that blue Nobel-dress, same guy who made her wedding gown.

And about the stocks, everyone in the family has them (not Silvia) and the economic guy at the court is the one who takes care of them, buying, selling etc.
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:21 AM »

When people live at state expense I think it's very difficult to guess how much money they have.  Definitely with the Oranges they are well off from Russian inheritances and the fact that Wilhelmina and Juliana were only children.  Therefore, the Oranges have these posh holiday homes abroad.  With the Swedes, CG inherited a place in the South of France and they may own that summer place on the island.  The Liechtensteins are believed to have banking interests in Liechtenstein (their hold on the country) but with the others it is a real guess.
IMO we don't know how much the clothes cost and we don't know what the royals actually pay for or get at a discount.  Some of the clothes are obviously borrowed because those clothes are never seen again.
Thus, I suppose that each family has put by some private money out of the Civil List allowances and the Liechtensteins have their investments and that no RF is poor but the job of royalty is expensive so that the royal people may not feel rich.
IMO the clothes don't make the royals look rich because the clothes are so horrible.  The clothes sometimes do not even fit and the designer clothes look cheap on some of the royal women.
No, I would not start to guess how rich CG and VicDan are.
benmac

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »

Forbes placed the srf at 7.8 billion dollar
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: