Was Old Yeller made a Knight of the Garter?
Of course through Alexandras marriage to the future King Edward made the family close to each other. From old footages it seems that Frederik & Ingrid were also close to King George and the Queen Mother. The speaker in this video
cracks me up: "Now is there a romance?" referring to rumours between Ingrid and the Duke of Kent.
Do you think Frederik will be made Knight of Garter when Charles is King? Here
a footage of his grandfather in Windsor.Visit
from Edward and the Duke of Kent, Ingrid accompanies them.
Just some interesting videos
Yes she was. Queen Margrethe of Denmark accompanied by Prince Charles when she in 1979 was appointed Lady of the Garter at Windsor Castle.
In addition to her roles in her own country, the queen is also the Colonel-in-Chief of the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (Queen's and Royal Hampshires), an infantry regiment of the British Army, following a tradition in her family.
further ones are:
Stranger Knights and Ladies
- Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg KG (1972)
- The King of Sweden KG (1983) recipient of the Royal Victorian Chain
- The King of Spain KG (1988) recipient of the Royal Victorian Chain
- The Queen of the Netherlands KG GCVO (1989) recipient of the Royal Victorian Chain
- The Emperor of Japan KG GCVO (1998) > ONLY non-European regent
- The King of Norway KG GCVO (2001) recipient of the Royal Victorian Chain