Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals and horses  (Read 9965 times)
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »

So Zara's Olympic success- and yes being in the top 10 olympic standings is a success to me!- had me thinking: overall is the BRF a horse loving family? Does anyone besides Kate and Diana not ride? just curious....
ravana
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »

Diana was riding the horse, she learnt how drive as a child and as a princess by marriage later on..ehm... Laughing with Cavalry officer named James Hewitt Icecream known story. It was said about Kate and her mother she paid her horseriding lessons but she isn't able to sit in the saddle. It's one of things you are seen as royal and upper class for that I guess, her shame. Better than poiting the guns in Paris and countryside.

Both York princesses learnt how to ride, apparently Beatrice is better than Eugenie and Prince Harry is better than William, but it depends also on your weight, how tall you are, practice, natural talent...
ravana
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »

I think the reason why Kate doesn't ride the horse it probably linked with his mother. I heard Wills went gaga about every athlete - Diana's affair with rugby player Carling - and horse riding - her lover Hewitt. Maybe. Queen is very good ride, no doubt, I think all old male Windsors - Duke of Kent is still good in the saddle. I heard Prince Charles has to give up before his 50, Prince Philip around 40. I saw Prince Edward riding the horse, never Prince Andrew, but there're jokes about wooden cockhorse and whip, linked with some hobby of Louis Mountbatten and his family. Harry seems to be more natural rider than William, Princess Anne is famous - see Zara. There's also the rumour amongst people from British upper crust about woman and her movement in the saddle = in the bed and riding skills.

Kate should start horse riding as it's regal sport and William was seen on horseback with some woman the day after his parade with father in Anglesay. The riders behind them on the beach, but it was full gallops and the woman was better than him. I don't doubt Harry is better than William as well. I don't know about Pippa or James.
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »

Yeah I was just looking for this myself and never see andrew riding pics. Does he ride? If not anyone know why? Seems like it would be hard to be mummy favorite and not shar her horse passion.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »

I have not seen many images of Andrew in his adult years riding, perhaps he has no longer got an interest for it.  Many images of Edward in his 40's show him riding his horse, and Sophie also rides (she broke her ribs in April 2011 from a fall from her horse) and Louise rides.  

I have not seen many images of Beatrice and Eugenie riding in their adult years, although we saw them ride a lot as little girls.  I would imagine they do ride, but it is always very private.  I think the Queen bought her grandchildren ponies when they were younger, so all the grandchildren at some point probably rode a lot.  Sarah rides as was shown in her show "Finding Sarah".

What about the Gloucester's and the Kents, aside from The Duke of Kent?  Do they ride?  I think to belong a family of the Royal family's standing it is hard to not be involved with horse riding at some point, whether it's as a hobby or a sport, so I would THINK they all ride.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »

Lady Louise has been photographed a few times riding. Most famously with her grandmother and brother.

Didn't she fall off her horse recently?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
p011y

Micro Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »

Has been said that Kate is allergic to horses, for this reason she stayed in the tent when William played polo for many years. But after marriage she must have decided that the allergy must to disappear. Otherwise she should give up the red carpet with the horse for the premier of "War Horse" and many family events.
Grace and Diana Fan

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »

Just thought I would post this cute little photo of Diana riding a horse!

julygal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »

What about the Gloucester's and the Kents, aside from The Duke of Kent?  Do they ride?  I think to belong a family of the Royal family's standing it is hard to not be involved with horse riding at some point, whether it's as a hobby or a sport, so I would THINK they all ride.
I remember reading the memoirs of Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (which are very interesting btw).  She was a great horsewoman and her husband, Prince Henry loved to ride as well.  They essentially "courted" (if you could call it that - he doesn't appear to have been very romantic, she says that she is not even sure if he ever proposed - just sort of muttered it as an aside  Tongue ) while attending hunts.

Her eldest son Prince William liked to ride, but apparently Prince Richard did not, preferring his bicycle.  As he is the present Duke of Gloucester it may be that horses are less a "Gloucester" thing now!
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »

Lady Louise has been photographed a few times riding. Most famously with her grandmother and brother.

Didn't she fall off her horse recently?

I adore that image, it is definitely one of my favourites of the Queen.  She looks so chuffed to be with her youngest grandchildren on horseback, but I particularly love how she is holding the rein of James' horse whereas Louise has control of her own steed!

Another cute image of Louise on horseback.  (Click thumbnail)

Yes Louise did fall off recently in April.  She broke her left arm but it must have healed quite quickly as she was seen at the Diamond Jubilee Horse Pageant at Windsor for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee without a cast on her arm.

What about the Gloucester's and the Kents, aside from The Duke of Kent?  Do they ride?  I think to belong a family of the Royal family's standing it is hard to not be involved with horse riding at some point, whether it's as a hobby or a sport, so I would THINK they all ride.
I remember reading the memoirs of Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (which are very interesting btw).  She was a great horsewoman and her husband, Prince Henry loved to ride as well.  They essentially "courted" (if you could call it that - he doesn't appear to have been very romantic, she says that she is not even sure if he ever proposed - just sort of muttered it as an aside  Tongue ) while attending hunts.

Her eldest son Prince William liked to ride, but apparently Prince Richard did not, preferring his bicycle.  As he is the present Duke of Gloucester it may be that horses are less a "Gloucester" thing now!

Thank you very much for information, I don’t think I have ever really seen Richard of Birgette on horses.  They attend Ascot and Epsom of course, but perhaps that is just an interest and not a hobby.

Edward and Sophie riding at the Windsor Horse Show in 1999.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie on horses in 1994.  There is also that adorable video of the Queen with her grandchildren on horses from the documentary “Elizabeth R”.  Queen Elizabeth with some of her grandchildren in 1992

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »

What about the Gloucester's and the Kents, aside from The Duke of Kent?  Do they ride?  I think to belong a family of the Royal family's standing it is hard to not be involved with horse riding at some point, whether it's as a hobby or a sport, so I would THINK they all ride.
I remember reading the memoirs of Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (which are very interesting btw).  She was a great horsewoman and her husband, Prince Henry loved to ride as well.  They essentially "courted" (if you could call it that - he doesn't appear to have been very romantic, she says that she is not even sure if he ever proposed - just sort of muttered it as an aside  Tongue ) while attending hunts.

Her eldest son Prince William liked to ride, but apparently Prince Richard did not, preferring his bicycle.  As he is the present Duke of Gloucester it may be that horses are less a "Gloucester" thing now!

Laugh bounce  Star Thanks for the Henry gem!

Prince John (don´t laugh at me, is that a horse or a donkey?)

Princess Mary and husband Henry Lascalles

Prince Henry

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »

I adore that image, it is definitely one of my favourites of the Queen.  She looks so chuffed to be with her youngest grandchildren on horseback, but I particularly love how she is holding the rein of James' horse whereas Louise has control of her own steed!

Yes Such a gorgeous image.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
ravana
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

Yes, small Wessexes are riding bunch of kids. Matie Christine, Princess Pushy - Princess Michael of Kent is rumoured to purchase some horse like Carole Bennet Middleton but no for racing, but chasing Prince Michael. She was born aristocrat, but Austrian and already married. Her access to royal bachelor was also planned like by Carole Middleton for her girls. True, Marie Christine was attractive blonde, so she met her husband via her 1st British husband and hung forever, sharing all these Windsors hobbies - arts, theatre, opera, books and horses. She was everywhere where he popped in. In the opera house, at art exhibitions, in country houses, open garden schemes, she paid for her Arabian horse stables in Richmond where his horses where looked after. Clever woman, attractive, witty, bossy and he was raised by beautiful mother with no father figure, as Prince George died in plane crash. I'm not sure about pretty Lady Gabriella, their daughter, but I saw her on the horse once in South American magazine. Maybe it was just fashion photoshoot from Argentina. Waity should start learning horse riding, it's typical u class and royal sport. Danish king was on horseback during WWII in the streets and memory of peace, plus his granddaughter born during these yeras as big hope, she's present Queen, Marge the Dane. I think it's natural for someone like Cressida Bonas. She is in the circle, in the set of people. Her half brother plays polo, she dated polo player Harry Wentworth Stanley. Harry's mother is a blonde, tiny, good horse rider and polo player. He dates only blondes, mostly from his own circle.  Cressida is a part of that. She's with Prince Harry right now.  Why will she waste her time with wishy washy William and his bad choice in form of plain Jane Kate? Why will Harry Wenthworth Stanley waste his time with say Pippa when he can have Burberry model and breathtaking horseriding beauty Cressida? I think Arabella Musgrave and some his chicks before St Andrews were completely from polo and horse set, speaking about Prince William. It isn't about you biy the horse like Carolle Bennet Middleton. I don't know very much about British upper class, old money and their behaviour, but I don't think you're a cowboy good in the saddle when you buy costume and a hat. Did you see bums of Charlotte Casiraghi and Zara Phillips? Both princes. What nice firm and flat muscular bums.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm very confused.   Confused  What?
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

It could be a rap Thinking

"She isn´t wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: