Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals and horses  (Read 9967 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »

It could be a rap Thinking

That's when I don't understand Secret
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »

Yes, small Wessexes are riding bunch of kids. Matie Christine, Princess Pushy - Princess Michael of Kent is rumoured to purchase some horse like Carole Bennet Middleton but no for racing, but chasing Prince Michael. She was born aristocrat, but Austrian and already married. Her access to royal bachelor was also planned like by Carole Middleton for her girls. True, Marie Christine was attractive blonde, so she met her husband via her 1st British husband and hung forever, sharing all these Windsors hobbies - arts, theatre, opera, books and horses. She was everywhere where he popped in. In the opera house, at art exhibitions, in country houses, open garden schemes, she paid for her Arabian horse stables in Richmond where his horses where looked after. Clever woman, attractive, witty, bossy and he was raised by beautiful mother with no father figure, as Prince George died in plane crash. I'm not sure about pretty Lady Gabriella, their daughter, but I saw her on the horse once in South American magazine. Maybe it was just fashion photoshoot from Argentina. Waity should start learning horse riding, it's typical u class and royal sport. Danish king was on horseback during WWII in the streets and memory of peace, plus his granddaughter born during these yeras as big hope, she's present Queen, Marge the Dane. I think it's natural for someone like Cressida Bonas. She is in the circle, in the set of people. Her half brother plays polo, she dated polo player Harry Wentworth Stanley. Harry's mother is a blonde, tiny, good horse rider and polo player. He dates only blondes, mostly from his own circle.  Cressida is a part of that. She's with Prince Harry right now.  Why will she waste her time with wishy washy William and his bad choice in form of plain Jane Kate? Why will Harry Wenthworth Stanley waste his time with say Pippa when he can have Burberry model and breathtaking horseriding beauty Cressida? I think Arabella Musgrave and some his chicks before St Andrews were completely from polo and horse set, speaking about Prince William. It isn't about you biy the horse like Carolle Bennet Middleton. I don't know very much about British upper class, old money and their behaviour, but I don't think you're a cowboy good in the saddle when you buy costume and a hat. Did you see bums of Charlotte Casiraghi and Zara Phillips? Both princes. What nice firm and flat muscular bums.

Say what you will about batwoman (whatever her nom du jour), her posts have literary integrity: the form perfectly expresses the content. They're both as scrambled as breakfast eggs.

I assume that all royal children learn to ride, but perhaps it just doesn't interest some of them when they grow up. Maybe Bea and Eug got out of the habit of riding when they were university students and now it just isn't part of their lives any more.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »

I remember reading the memoirs of Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (which are very interesting btw). 
Julygal, I'm sure they are very interesting indeed. Do you know if they're available online?
julygal

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »

No, I'm afraid they are not available online - only from a library or from used book dealers - like this one:

http://www.abebooks.com/M...ster-Collins/858044380/bd

She was a good writer with a quiet sense of humor.  Her description of her early life as a daughter of one of the grandest of Edwardian dukes is fascinating.  I never get the idea that she was madly in love with Prince Henry, although certainly she loved him - he comes off as rather vague most of the time.  But she saw marrying him as her duty.  She was 34 when she married and had travelled quite a bit in her younger days.  She said she had had "good innings", but felt she should do something more substantial with her life - and therefore married him.  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:29:25 PM by julygal » Logged
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 12:14:31 AM »

I too have read that Waity has said that she's allergic to horses.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 12:11:27 AM »

Queen Victoria   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/557883472588154866   

Prince Albert, Prince Consort   
http://cdn.britannica.com...e-Albert-Windsor-Park.jpg
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 04:50:41 PM »

As Churchill said "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man".
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 12:46:58 AM »

Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester on horseback in a polo game     
http://searcharchives.van...of-gloucester-polo-game-2
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: