Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kent Family  (Read 191700 times)
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: July 10, 2021, 12:33:45 PM »

Earlier this week Princess Alexandra stepped down after about 60 years as Patron of Guide Dogs for the Blind and Sophie took over. They did two joint engagements together on the day it happened.

Seems like the Kent's are really starting to 'step back' not just in terms of engagements but in terms of their patronages as well. Not a real surprise given their health issues over recent years but sad all the same when there is a changing of the guard that we have come to expect.

They seem to be following the Prince Philip way, slowly dropping patronages and celebrating them being handed over rather than keeping them all and rarely turning up. Good for them, they’ve all earned a blinking good retirement!
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: July 10, 2021, 01:03:44 PM »

Kents at Wimbledon

What a pretty dress and how appropriate she looks.  Not putting on any airs or looker-me vibes. 

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: July 10, 2021, 01:33:11 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57784464

The Duke of Kent is stepping down as the president of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC) after more than 50 years.

The Queen's first cousin, 85, has presented trophies to more than 350 winners including Bjorn Borg, Billie Jean King, Serena Williams, Roger Federer and Sir Andy Murray.

He said he was "incredibly proud" to have held the position.

The AELTC paid tribute to his "extraordinary service".

The duke made his first appearance as president in 1969, presenting Rod Laver and Ann Jones with their trophies.

He will present the trophies to the winners of this year's tournament for the final time this weekend.

Sad news, what a wonderful 50 years of service.

I imagine Catherine will be named president pretty soon then. I really like seeing the two of them at matches together and I’d bet he keeps attending and stays involved. What a nice long run. I didn’t realize his mother was president before him!
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: July 10, 2021, 01:49:54 PM »

Kents at Wimbledon

What a pretty dress and how appropriate she looks.  Not putting on any airs or looker-me vibes. 

She is popping up more and more in shows I am watching, and I just love her! Such a great actress. She seems so lovely.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »

She looks lovely! They look like a very nice couple that I'd like to hang out with; they seem fun but not over the top.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2021, 04:48:54 AM »

The Duke of Kent is stepping down as the president of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC) after more than 50 years.

The Queen's first cousin, 85, has presented trophies to more than 350 winners including Bjorn Borg, Billie Jean King, Serena Williams, Roger Federer and Sir Andy Murray.

The duke made his first appearance as president in 1969, presenting Rod Laver and Ann Jones with their trophies.

He will present the trophies to the winners of this year's tournament for the final time this weekend.

I imagine Catherine will be named president pretty soon then. I really like seeing the two of them at matches together and I’d bet he keeps attending and stays involved. What a nice long run. I didn’t realize his mother was president before him!

And his father before his mother.

I don't think Catherine would take on the role of President and Patron. She would have to give up being Patron which really is a 'figurehead' role while President actually involves meetings etc. Catherine is also the Patron of the Lawn Tennis Association while the Duchess of Gloucester is the President.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2021, 01:51:12 PM »

I don't think Catherine would take on the role of President and Patron. She would have to give up being Patron which really is a 'figurehead' role while President actually involves meetings etc. Catherine is also the Patron of the Lawn Tennis Association while the Duchess of Gloucester is the President.

Yes, I know the roles are different but assumed she took on the patron one as a way to be involved until the Duke of Kent would eventually step down given her interest in tennis. I could be wrong though and maybe they’ll bring in a non-royal as president. I think having a role with a bit more responsibility would be good but I guess we’ll see.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2021, 03:30:20 PM »

The Duke of Kent talks about his 50 years as President of @Wimbledon

https://twitter.com/gerts.../1414213383650430977?s=21
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: July 11, 2021, 05:46:49 PM »

The DM lists a "who's who" in the royal box today, for the finals.  They failed to recognize Prince Michael and Princess Alexandra, as well as Tim Taylor, who was with his wife.  They also failed to recognize Lady Annabel Goldsmith, whom I'd been wondering about recently.  Usually she pops up more at society events.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2021, 05:55:23 PM »

Yes, I know the roles are different but assumed she took on the patron one as a way to be involved until the Duke of Kent would eventually step down given her interest in tennis. I could be wrong though and maybe they’ll bring in a non-royal as president. I think having a role with a bit more responsibility would be good but I guess we’ll see.

Kate has no real work experience especially at a senior level which that role would require.... Board Members for working organisations as opposed to charities which probably have behind the scenes assistance need qualified people
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: July 11, 2021, 07:11:03 PM »

In recognition of his 52 years of service, the Duke of Kent has been presented with a replica of the Men’s Singles Trophy #Wimbledon 

https://twitter.com/royal.../1414264417970237450?s=21
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: July 11, 2021, 09:57:38 PM »

It's always a relief to see Sophie Winkleman/Windsor looking so well after that horrible car accident a few years ago.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2021, 05:31:40 PM »

Flora Ogilvy and Timothy Vesterberg had a marriage blessing at St James's Church

https://www.dailymail.co....s-nuptials-blessings.html

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2021, 06:02:00 PM »

I was impressed to see Sophie of Habsburg (Windisch-Graetz) there.  I wonder if more photos will pop up, and if we'll get to see some Yugoslav cousins as well.  Very good turn-out!
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: September 10, 2021, 06:10:26 PM »

Flora looks GORGEOUS! Absolutely love the gown, veil, tiara... only thing I'd do differently is an updo but that's minor. I'm glad she got to have a nice church wedding with all of the bits and pieces.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: