Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Royal Blind Item  (Read 79169 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »

I can't imagine that the Japanese imperial agency would encourage miscarriages if she'd only had a girl, when they have so.few.male.heirs in that family.

Japanese friends have told me that Masako-sama is actually pretty free in her private life, meeting her friends for dinner regularly at restaurants and such.  She *wants* people to think she's imprisoned and plays on it --according to my friends.

Maybe that's true now. But just see how they treated her at the crowning of King Was of the Netherlands. There was a female Japanese" grey man" with Masako who tried to not let her sit with her husband and had to be stared down by a Dutch official to leave Masako's side. Creepy!!
I haven't heard any of this happening at the coronation.  Blink
While I am fairly convinced the grey man have a definite power abuse problem and should be taken down a dozen pegs, I find it extremely difficult to believe that given the importance of a male heir, Masako were subjected to violence on several accounts to the point of miscarriage. TBH many of the "absences" I believe were medical treatments to impregnate her and I would readily believe her hhm reluctance or even unwillingness to submit to this was met with force or even violation of what we here would consider your individual rights.
But I think Naruhito is innocent of those accusations, he IMO is probably only guilty of not being a proper help and support.
I also think that while Maxima might readily offer Masako a weekend refuge and a shoulder to cry on and might (discreetly) help Masako to get on her feet after a divorce (by again very discreetly pulling some strings and connections) I don't think she would rock the boat or actively get involved. I think Maxima is too conscious of public and political repercussions.
As to Celia's comment, I have heard that from Japanese friends just as well. Not even as an excuse or defense for Masako, but funnily enough when in a discussion Kate M.'s apparent friendless circle came up. (My Japanese friend rolled her eyes and said, that even Masako who was believed to live in gilded cage would be frequently seen out at restaurants and events with friends either alone or with her husband.)
And I heard this from other Japanese clients and acquaintances as well, that at some restaurants the security suddenly goes into high gear, because the cp couple with friends would come in to dine.
Very difficult.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »

The pics are on here about the coronation stuff. I mean we were just guessing from the pics but there was some situation when they walked in.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ruby for July

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2017, 03:32:58 PM »

As always I take it with some salt...
But could it be Meghan being offered her own tiara ( exactly like Fergie in 1986) instead of being given a loan on one of the family's tiaras ?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »

As always I take it with some salt...
But could it be Meghan being offered her own tiara ( exactly like Fergie in 1986) instead of being given a loan on one of the family's tiaras ?

It sounds like an ethically-sourced rescue tiara that is on-brand.
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2017, 04:16:55 PM »

I think that is of course referring to Meghan, and Charlie will be buying her a new tiara from the Royal jewellers. It makes sense because it will then be kept for Harry's descendants. There have been rumours going around that Harry, who is close to the Spencers, is going to ask his uncle for a loan of THAT tiara for his bride, but I don't believe it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:40:01 PM by rosella » Logged
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »

Speaking of...latest blind

The members of this very famous and very wealthy family say that they work hard… but they sure seem to take a lot of vacations! In addition to their multiple homes, they frequently travel the world.

However, not everyone is welcome on these family vacations. One of the kids asked to bring along his girlfriend (who is also a celebrity) to one of the family homes so that she could hang out with his family and get to know them in a relaxed setting.

He was denied.

Family vacations are not a casual event where anyone can just show up and ingratiate themselves with the family and go home with a souvenir snap. His family has seen this before with him. They hope that he is simply in a loved up “kookoo” phase and they are waiting it out.

He is persistent, though.

He’s not giving up. He is very serious about her and plans to keep asking until they say yes!

http://blindgossip.com/?p=86390#more-86390

Going to assume this is referring to an english prince and his actress girlfriend...

to me,it sounds like MA Middleton's rules.........................
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »

Oh god I hope Harry doesn’t borrow the Spencer Tiara for Meg’s wedding tiara. That would be too weird. If anyone wears it, IMO it should be Diana’s granddaughter(s) way in the future. I hope the blind item is true and the BRF is buying a tiara for Harry’s branch of the family.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »

Oh god I hope Harry doesn’t borrow the Spencer Tiara for Meg’s wedding tiara. That would be too weird. If anyone wears it, IMO it should be Diana’s granddaughter(s) way in the future. I hope the blind item is true and the BRF is buying a tiara for Harry’s branch of the family.

That tiara is for Spencer women so I can’t imagine them letting anyone else wear it.

I don’t ever believe blind items but Harry gifting Meghan a tiara is nice.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »

Don't they have a gigantic tiara collection already in that family?  Or do they have some weird rule about who gets to wear what? 

The blind item could also mean that Sparkles is going to be offered a tiara that the queen has never lent to anybody else and is personally fond of wearing, like that Girls tiara. Either way, the British taxpayers sure are generous.  Roll Eyes

Also, it's ridiculous since Kate, the wife of the heir to the heir, during an actual state wedding wore only a tiny tiara that was lent to her by the queen.  Why should the spare's wife be given anything grander to wear?  It breaks precedent and British sugars are always telling me that Elizabeth is all about precedent and tradition, which is why she couldn't be arsed to send anybody to Queen Fabiola's funeral.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »

I appreciate your reply Pixie, I was wondering all of that  Champagne  What are the weird rules and are they actually written down or at the Queen's whim?

I don't understand buying her one, there has to be a vault full of tiaras.  I thought waitys was tiny and looked like out of a cracker jack box, I would seem rude for sparkles to get a bigger one.  (but we saw it happen in Denmark)

It  seems to make sense it will be a family tiara not usually seen.  Another thing to dish about  Jumping

"which is why she couldn't be arsed to send anybody to Queen Fabiola's funeral "
That still bothers me too!

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »

Aren't the tiaras available potentially in awful shape? Like the Teck Crescent or Strathmore Rose. If Harry wants to use his own money, that being the money from his mother,have at,  dude. It’s his money. It’s what he used probably for the engagement ring.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »

Aren't the tiaras available potentially in awful shape? Like the Teck Crescent or Strathmore Rose. If Harry wants to use his own money, that being the money from his mother,have at,  dude. It’s his money. It’s what he used probably for the engagement ring.

If he uses money from Diana's family that he inherited, that's his business and his right to do so.  If he does buy her one, hopefully the money comes from his private funds and not from Chuck's Duchy money or from Chuck's public funds.

I don't know about their tiara collection but I've seen discussions about all the tiaras the queen has, so it sounds like it's much bigger than the Belgian or Danish collections. 

Countess-I know, right?  It still pisses me off.  I have zero respect for her because of that.  It was beyond rude and I don't care what her protocol/traditions/etc dictate.  Fabiola was a queen from an allied country who married into a branch of the family that QEII is related to.  There's no excuse.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »

In many RFs, the BRF included (Fergie, Margaret, Sophie) women not in the main line get a new tiara all of their own, so that would hardly be a scandal or a slight to Kate.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2017, 06:16:29 PM »

It will be the tiara she's never had.

Sorry..... just had to.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2017, 07:03:35 PM »

What makes you all so sure that the blind item is about a tiara?

To get offered "an original so to speak" (which wasn't offered to Kate, if she is the "most recent big bride") could also be about ...

No, not a dress.

But a veil.

Diana's veil was quite an original (albeit not using old lace ... reportedly, old lace from Queen Mary was only used to embellish the dress).
Kate's veil, to the contrary, was rather plain and newly made for her.

I guess in order to follow the old rule "something old and something new, something borrowed and something blue", Meghan could be offered to use her deceased MIL's veil.

Given all the fuss made by Harry and Megs during their engagement interview of how Diana "shares the joy" and is "with them" just because of the two diamonds from her collection now topping Megs ring, I could totally imagine that Harry likes to start a new "heirloom family veil thing".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: