Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Dish Kitchen!  (Read 15770 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:52:33 AM »

It seems like lots of us love to cook / bake / eat.... so I thought I'd start up a picture thread of our creations.

Today in Chez Spoonie, I made a Devil's Food Cake.  I literally iced this, went to the loo and came back to find a quarter missing!

And it was the little one who took the biggest piece!

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:09:52 AM »

I wish I were the culprit.  Cry
This thread looks delicious,  Star
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:56:54 PM »

I know that we've had a few threads like this in the past. I wonder if we could combine them here so we have easy access to the recipes?

Yummy cake spoonie.! Star
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »

I have a crockpot recipe that is so yummy & easy to make. Both kids requested if for their birthday meals & in the winter we make it about once a week. Here:

Baked Potato Soup

-1 bag frozen shredded hashbrowns
-2 cans chicken broth
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-diced onion to taste
-salt & pepper
-1 block of cream cheese (not fat free as it won't melt).

Put everything except the cream cheese in the crockpot on low all day. One hour before serving cut up the cream cheese & stir it in. Whisk the soup before serving. Ladle into bowls & top with bacon, cheese, green onions, basically whatever you would put on too of a baked potato. We never have leftovers & I think the kids would lick the crock if I let them.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »

Some goodies from the Kitchen of the Spoon Family....

Cheese and bacon loaf from earlier today. This no longer exists and is happily resting in some full bellies.

Tandoori Chicken for dinner

And something for me after dinner.... Toblerone Cocktail!

Have a great Sunday everyone...

And, remember, you can't have masturbating Africans without masturbating Africans!  To Mary!

Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »

Yummiiiiiiii Spoonie Drool..I must make some Tandoori dish tonight!

"She isn´t wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »

My new double boiler arrives tomorrow which means I can start making chocolates again.  Peppermint, strawberry and orange creams... here i come!

Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »

Keep posting pics!
I will get FAT just by reading this thread...that´s how my metabolism works .

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »

The more I cook, the less I weigh - it's true!

It's almost like I get enough of a 'high' from the process that the eating becomes irrelevant.

My husband who eats it all on the other hand... he's looking rather portly of late.

Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »

The more I cook, the less I weigh - it's true!

It's almost like I get enough of a 'high' from the process that the eating becomes irrelevant.

My husband who eats it all on the other hand... he's looking rather portly of late.

I know what you mean. Eating is also a lot about satisfying your senses..and cooking is also very stimulating.

H.C. Andersen
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »

I'd love to share my beloved grandma's recipe for stuffed peppers (toltott paprika). Actually, there’s no official “written recipe”---I learned by watching my mom make it, and she learned by watching *her* mom make it. Of course, no recipe means no amounts/measurements---you just have to do it by feel/smell/taste  Grin

1 Use big, shiny green peppers (shiny are fresher, more flavorful). Core the tops, scoop out the insides. Blanche 2 minutes in boiling water to decrease the bitterness. Cool completely.

2. In large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, uncooked regular rice, chopped onion, eggs (yolk/s plus additional whites), a little water to keep it light, pepper and a little salt. Mix by hand---this will keep the mixture much lighter than mixing with spoon or mixer.

3. Stuff the peppers full, but not so full that the peppers split too much. If there is meat mixture left over, roll it into balls to throw into the pot.

4. Put stuffed peppers/extra meat into large pot, add tomato sauce that has lots of tomato pieces in it--put in enough to cover the peppers. Add sauerkraut if desired. Cover pot and simmer slowly over low heat. It’s done when the rice in the peppers is cooked.

It’s one of my 3 all-time favorite cold-weather meals. Drool
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »

I'd love to share my beloved grandma's recipe for stuffed peppers (toltott paprika). Actually, there’s no official “written recipe”---I learned by watching my mom make it, and she learned by watching *her* mom make it. Of course, no recipe means no amounts/measurements---you just have to do it by feel/smell/taste  Grin

1 Use big, shiny green peppers (shiny are fresher, more flavorful). Core the tops, scoop out the insides. Blanche 2 minutes in boiling water to decrease the bitterness. Cool completely.

2. In large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, uncooked regular rice, chopped onion, eggs (yolk/s plus additional whites), a little water to keep it light, pepper and a little salt. Mix by hand---this will keep the mixture much lighter than mixing with spoon or mixer.

3. Stuff the peppers full, but not so full that the peppers split too much. If there is meat mixture left over, roll it into balls to throw into the pot.

4. Put stuffed peppers/extra meat into large pot, add tomato sauce that has lots of tomato pieces in it--put in enough to cover the peppers. Add sauerkraut if desired. Cover pot and simmer slowly over low heat. It’s done when the rice in the peppers is cooked.

mnnjammmmmm....lecker edit  Thumb up Star

that's how I do my stuffed peppers as well - sans Sauerkraut - I peel potatoes, quarter them and cook in saltwater pretty soft, so when you eat them with the stuffed peppers, you can squoosh them into the tomato sauce on your plate  Drool drooooooooooool.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 12:28:40 AM »

mnnjammmmmm....lecker edit  Thumb up Star

that's how I do my stuffed peppers as well - sans Sauerkraut - I peel potatoes, quarter them and cook in saltwater pretty soft, so when you eat them with the stuffed peppers, you can squoosh them into the tomato sauce on your plate  Drool drooooooooooool.
Hug to you, dear PeDe!  I can't wait for cold weather, so I can make my grandma's stuffed peppers again! Banana
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 12:57:56 AM »

My mother makes these!  It sounds like a very similar recipe.  She doesn't add kraut, but otherwise, it sounds exactly the same.  She got the recipe from my Italian grandmother who made them for years.  Now I'm starving! Hug  I think that I need to try making these.  I've never done it, for some reason (not sure why-I love to cook).

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 03:51:54 AM »

My mother makes these!  It sounds like a very similar recipe.  She doesn't add kraut, but otherwise, it sounds exactly the same.  She got the recipe from my Italian grandmother who made them for years.  Now I'm starving! Hug  I think that I need to try making these.  I've never done it, for some reason (not sure why-I love to cook).
How interesting that my Hungarian grandma, and your Italian one, had such a similar recipe Champagne
It really is incredibly delicious, but I would strongly advise waiting for cold weather Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: